Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 01:17 PM

15 posts, read 70,528 times

Advertisements

I lived in California and owened 3 houses, then I sold them and moved to bought a home in Pueblo West and two in Pueblo. I have lived in Colorado four 5 years now and I sold my home in Pueblo West wouldn't move there again, I now live in one of my homes in Pueblo South side for over a year now I did love it here, but I am 50 year old white women with a lot of health problems so with that I will tell you that the police here are very one sited, one day I was out side of my own home and there was problem next door this girl was breaking all the windows in the home and the next thing I no I was going to Jail hhhhhmmmmmm this girl new the police, charges where throw out, but I had to go throw 3 day of being treated very bad, first time in jail and the last hated it. I know the sheriff that didn't help. Now I was born in California and lived there for over 40 years and never had problems with the police. So what I am tring to say is when the police are around stay inside don't video tape if you do don't get caught. As for Justis there is none. Now it is not all the police I sure, and the other people on the block are older then me like in there 60's/70's and watch but they! BUT THEY DIDN'T SEE NOTHING? I guess that kinda tells you how the police are when older people are scared also! And they put it in the news paper guilty r not. So if you never had problems with the police there is a 49/51 per, you will if you move out here!? Pueblo people need to start standing up for there rights and stop turning a blinds eye to what are police departmen is all about. They go to church on sundays, and that is that! I been talking to a lot of people since that happened to me and boy the story I have heard, but nobody has done nothing about this problem? I would love to but I don't want to ever go to jail again and I would need higher up people to help........ with that said that was like being in a bad dream...Also the house yes they are a lot cheaper then Cali but the food and other things make up the price. Like if you wanted bacon it is like $5.00 a pound here, unless there is a sale every blue moon you get 2 pounds of bacon for that price. Now my grandaghters go to the schools here and I think there 9 X better then the schools in Cali, so it is like a give and take,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2008, 02:41 PM

17,875 posts, read 27,269,911 times
Easy, easy. Welcome to City-Data. I see it's your first post.

It's good to get some Pueblo represents in here. Maybe someday, we'll have our own category like Denver, Cos, Ft. Collins, Boulder, etc.

I know that Sheriff. I went to school with him. You want I should go straighten him up a bit? If you live in the city limits of Pueblo, what is he getting involved anyway? Maybe I don't totally understand your post, but I'm sorry for your misfortune and hope your experience with that is rare.

How in the world did you sell your house in Pueblo West? There's like 10,000 empty brand new homes out there?

Old 04-03-2008, 04:32 PM

10 posts, read 41,776 times
Pueblo is a fine town and more diverse than the springs.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:45 AM

15 posts, read 70,528 times
Question Pueblo

Well at first I rented out my home, but had a lot of problems with tenants, paying taking care of home and so on. I have a really good Realtor her name is Liz and she helped me. As far as the police no I don't have no problem I am just scared because it is the same 3 or 4 police officers you see they are friends with this girl and let me tell you she is 22 years old and I think she needs help but she moved away out of state thank god, but the police men involved still try to find reasons. And a lot of people in pueblo are scared of speaking up. I no a lot of elderly are scared to death of them, and I ask my self why, until the day that happened to me and my family.
I know there has to be a lot of good ones, I came from a family of Police officers in California. And my brother in law is also a Police officer so don't get me wrong I do care about are officers. But other then that I love it here, I think of selling and moving from here but I do like it to much and I am a good person I think I am to old for jail, can you believe that 50 years never in trouble until I moved here and walked out my fount door. Well do you no the new sheriff? I new the old one really nice guy, only for about a year. Is the new sheriff a good man? Maybe you can let him know about a few of his officers? I hope I dint sound mean that was just a nightmare.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:33 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,106,051 times
As McGowdog pointed out, city police don't come under the Sheriff, they answer to the Chief of Police who answers to the Mayor. A Sheriff often has influence beyond the actual parameters of his office, but that's a case by case thing. I don't know Pueblo politics. If police are guilty of proveable wrongdoing and the city takes no action then the Federal Marshall is the next step. Unless you feel that you are in actual physical danger it's not usually worth getting into a contest of wills with local police. They have ways of making life difficult for you once you are on their list.

Old 04-04-2008, 04:48 PM

My policy with police is kind of like my policy with snakes. I don't mind them, as long as they're not around.

"There's only two things I'm afraid of, Women and the Police" - Burt Reynolds,
White Lightning.

"Whatdoyoumean I don't obey the law? I go to court when I have too." - Megadeath,
Peace sells-but who's buying?"

Oh, I've got two friends and a cousin who rent. Pueblo tenants are brutal on rentals. That's a fact. Sorry you had to find out the hard way.

Last edited by McGowdog; 04-04-2008 at 04:59 PM.. Reason: All I wanna do is get that sheriff!

Old 04-04-2008, 06:18 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,896,583 times
I have been in and through Pueblo on five different occasions. 12 years ago, I thought that the city was not real appealing and would have likened it to Sioux City, IA. Going through there the last time (2 years ago), I have a more favorable impression of the city and notice that it has cleaned up some.

There are some cities that have their industry and grittier areas next to the main through interstate, which Pueblo has some of that. This gives people an unfair negative bias of the city. I have heard about the bias from other people and it is the similar bias that people in South Dakota/Nebraska/Iowa have towards Sioux City, IA (similar size to Pueblo and also a blue-collar in nature). If people go off of the interstate and see more areas of the city, the skewed perspective may be more balance and open.

I personally like the history and the character of older building as opposed to the newer buildings. Historical value and character is better than the bland, cookie-cutter stip malls and tract homes. I think that Pueblo has its hidden gems and has potential. If some of those areas by the interstate and other areas get spruced up, there would be a lot of neat areas.

I find the prairie around Pueblo to be neat to look at and the prairie has its scenic value. Yes, grasslands may be boring to some, but I like the calming effect of the grassland. I have seen a lot of the prarie and live in the plains of the Upper Midwest and developed an appreciation for the plains and praries.

If I move to Colorado (theoretically), I would consider Pueblo and would find a clean and safe area (which I am sure there are). In my honest opinion, the city of 100,000 is the right size of city and is not as overpriced and cookie-cutter like as opposed to Denver and Colorado Springs.

Old 04-05-2008, 07:16 AM

72 posts, read 249,448 times
Pueblo is an absolute pit. No water, flat, brown, no native trees. Pretty disgusting.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:12 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,106,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandy77 View Post
Pueblo is an absolute pit. No water, flat, brown, no native trees. Pretty disgusting.
Don't sugar coat it kid, tell us how you really feel!

There is water you know. Not like Minnesota, but enough for living well. OK, maybe not Pueblo West.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:21 AM

No water? What about Pueblo Reservoir? It's fed by the Arkansas River. It comes from Twin Lakes near Mt. Elbert.

Pueblo does have water. It has one of the major 4 rivers running right through it. Pueblo has a river walk. Pueblo has a place for kayakers to play.

I dare to see kayakers do this in the sewage water that is Fountain Creek in Colorado Springs.

[mod cut personal attack] Colorado and the grass lands do have serious water problems. But this has NOTHING to do with the likes of Pueblo and everything to do with Colorado Springs, Briargate, Monument, Palmer Divide, Denver, Aurora, etc. etc. [mod cut personal attack]
If you all get a chance, check out the awesome Mexican food in Pueblo. Soon to come, Awesom Italian food post.

Last edited by suzco; 04-05-2008 at 11:32 AM.. Reason: No personal attacks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado