U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 04:45 PM

8,268 posts, read 13,564,663 times

Advertisements

Rolling a dead body over and putting a catheter in it and putting embalming fluid in it because he did 79 mph in a 75 mph zone is your idea of pure inspiration?

No, it's not Livecontent. It's sickening. Downtownola and Sterlingirl agreed with me as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 05:24 PM

4,931 posts, read 8,861,909 times
As I said, I did accept the "spanking".

Maybe I should change my name to Katzenjammer; from the comic strip about two boys always going against authority...yes, that is me, and...you...

Katzenjammer Livecontent

Old 01-12-2009, 05:29 PM

8,268 posts, read 13,564,663 times
Well, it's good to hear from you again and welcome to the reservation!

I appreciated your posts in the Springs forum about religion and stuff; and your appreciation of the Bible from a cultural perspective. I suppose you're well versed on the culinary arts as well. I appreciate good food. We might have that in common as well.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Status: "CSU P football is the NCAA D2 national champions!" (set 6 days ago)

10,375 posts, read 12,056,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Rolling a dead body over and putting a catheter in it and putting embalming fluid in it because he did 79 mph in a 75 mph zone is your idea of pure inspiration?

No, it's not Livecontent. It's sickening. Downtownola and Sterlingirl agreed with me as well.
what? Never mind I get it lol

Old 01-13-2009, 12:13 AM

70,177 posts, read 60,983,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
The developers over hype the development, all developers do that's marketing. As far as CSU Pueblo enrollment I am told that its only a matter of time before its the larger then CU Boulder and CSU Fort Collins and will be over 10,000 students by 2015. So they are talking about future growth. You can see that with the enrollment being up double digits last fall and now the springs semester.
You know, honestly, Joseppie, you need to get real. The above is simply NOT going to happen. CSU Pueblo is great; it gives the people of Southern Colorado a school to go to in their area but I doubt it is going to ever be larger than CU-Boulder or CSU-Ft. Collins.

Old 01-13-2009, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You know, honestly, Joseppie, you need to get real. The above is simply NOT going to happen. CSU Pueblo is great; it gives the people of Southern Colorado a school to go to in their area but I doubt it is going to ever be larger than CU-Boulder or CSU-Ft. Collins.
I am just going by what I was told by officials. That CU Boulder and CSU Fort Collins cant grow anymore, they are land locked. Thus its only a matter of time before CSU - Pueblo and UCCS will be the two largest schools in the state. If you look on the thread in the Colorado Springs room about Colorado Springs in 2020 its gives more back ground information on the whole discussion.

The link: http://www.city-data.com/forum/colorado-springs/535019-dream-city-2020-enrich-city-major.html

Old 01-13-2009, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I am just going by what I was told by officials. That CU Boulder and CSU Fort Collins cant grow anymore, they are land locked. Thus its only a matter of time before CSU - Pueblo and UCCS will be the two largest schools in the state. If you look on the thread in the Colorado Springs room about Colorado Springs in 2020 its gives more back ground information on the whole discussion.

The link: http://www.city-data.com/forum/colorado-springs/535019-dream-city-2020-enrich-city-major.html
Yes, and you agreed with me it will be a long time, if ever, before UCCS takes over CU-Boulder. I also told you that what you have "heard" is not entirely true, at least about CU-Boulder having no place to grow. Don't believe everything you hear at the Pueblo Chamber of Commerce.

Old 01-13-2009, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yes, and you agreed with me it will be a long time, if ever, before UCCS takes over CU-Boulder. I also told you that what you have "heard" is not entirely true, at least about CU-Boulder having no place to grow. Don't believe everything you hear at the Pueblo Chamber of Commerce.
I never said it was going to happen next year or the next 10 heck not even the next 20. But I have talked to officials, not the chamber lol, and they have told me that its not a matter of if but when, that's all I have said.

Also look at the history, both CSU Fort Collins and CU Boulder have not grown much past where they are now for 20 plus years. They are happy being about their current size and UCCS and CSU Pueblo wants to be large schools. Nor did I say they would be better schools, that is hard to say, but just a larger student population. In fact CSU Pueblo has a lower addmission standard then all the other schools, that is their nich.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:56 AM

Here is UCCS' long-range plan, according to the link I posted in the other thread:

Quote:
UCCS now offers 29 bachelor's, 18 masters and four doctoral degrees and aims to become the premier comprehensive regional research university in the nation with 10,000-12,000 students.
As I also posted there, they currently have about 6000 students, so they plan to perhaps double in size.

Obviously, they do not intend to overtake CU-Boulder or CU-Denver.

Quote:
In fact CSU Pueblo has a lower addmission standard then all the other schools, that is their nich.
Which is why they will never overtake the others as a "flagship" university. I could not find a similar plan for CSU-Pueblo on their website.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:57 AM

I am just going by what I am told, that CU Boulder and CSU Fort Collins are happy being the size they are now and as the state grows there will be more students who will want to go to college and CSU Pueblo and UCCS are the first two choices to take them as they are part of the two biggest school systems in the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado