Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2007, 06:24 AM

9 posts, read 34,335 times

Advertisements

Well folks, I'm packing the truck and leaving Wisconsin for Colorado today. It helps that the temp is 12 degrees here and Colorado has been in the 50's!
Can't wait to get to Delta!

I haven't had much luck in the job search. In fact, out of the 18 applications or resumes submitted, I've only had the courtesy of two responses. (I guess business etiquette is at a low standard everywhere, happens regularly here in Wisconsin). But this only makes me more determined!!!

1500 miles, me, a husband and a dog...here we go...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2007, 01:39 PM

106 posts, read 563,335 times
Keep us posted! We want to move to Colorado soon!

Old 02-07-2007, 08:45 PM

157 posts, read 651,642 times
Good Luck, Betty & family. Best Wishes.

Old 02-08-2007, 10:25 PM

155 posts, read 284,817 times
Think that is far from WI to CO??

Try this... we are driving 2 cars from Orlando, FL to Denver, co! That is 1,900 miles!!!

Is it worth it?

HELL YEAH, Orlando sucks, despite having nice winter weather. The rest of the year the Orlando weather sucks and the cost of living, too high.

You will love CO, it's great, definitelyl NOT as cold as WI, New Englad or the Midwest.

Good luck!

Old 02-09-2007, 10:27 AM

171 posts, read 1,052,192 times
I thought your brother was the one moving to Colorado, Christian11, err I mean Mary Lou???

Old 02-09-2007, 10:51 AM

90 posts, read 317,819 times
I'm just guessing here, but ... does anybody else get the impression Marylou has already "emotionally divorced" herself from Florida?

betty - (You may be "home" already, but ... safe trip!)

- KK

Old 04-12-2007, 01:19 PM

9 posts, read 34,335 times
Wink been here two months, here's the update

The people in Delta CO and surrounding areas are wonderful people...warm, open, helpful and very proud of their communities. The weather is great, I'm so happy to be away from the continuous snowfall in Wisconsin. The only snag that I've run into and I wish I had been more prepared for this...extremely low wages...employers say it's because it cost more to live here. I'm not experiencing that, I think it's quite reasonable to live here and you know what? A happy meal at McDonald's costs the same as Wisconsin! The Wal-mart trip costs just about the same. I applied for a job with a personal care/homemaker service, just as a bridge until I found something else. $7.00/hr, no benefits! These employees have a big responsibility for the older folks in town, I give them alot of credit for taking that responsibility. Many of their clients are elderly, quite frail. I didn't think I wanted to take on that responsibility. For $7.00/hr, the most important question I would want to ask is "Paper or Plastic?" So, I guess my best advice that before you move here, understand that high end jobs are few, but not unachievable. Put just alittle more money away before the move so you don't have to take anything in desperation. I'm glad we made the move and I can't wait for the fun summertimes to begin!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
View detailed profiles of: