Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 01:31 AM

2 posts, read 5,486 times

Advertisements

LJ is a very nice little town,that has ranching,some hiking, and all the rest of recreation as describied in the aforementioned blogs. One thing that I keep seeing that everyone has never told,the water, ground water being the focus,is so full sulfuric gases that even when processed by the best filtering process available cat and dogs will hardly drink it. Cattle and horses don't seem to be bothered by the stinking stuff tho. If you don't have city water,which feels like lotion water on your skin,hold your nose take your drink, and get ready for a loud belch which will smell like rotten eggs. There is a lot of history in the area,both American Native and white folk,the ARMY has taken alot of artifacts from the public and want more, just to train troops.... thats what was said about Stone City...people in high places have no regard for the generations of people that have invested not only their futures but their childrens,only to be told eminent domain is more valuable. Stone City was lost, now they want valuable grasslands that can only best be described as the backbone of southeastern Colorado, just to train troops in the LaJunta area. I say go to Crawford,TX. to train troops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 04:54 PM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
I hope to get down to that corner of the state this year and see some of it. I hear they have an air show each year in LJ. Used to have those back east and they're always great fun.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:57 AM

103 posts, read 395,680 times
Default La Junta Air Show and water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I hope to get down to that corner of the state this year and see some of it. I hear they have an air show each year in LJ. Used to have those back east and they're always great fun.
Mike....sorry for not keeping up with answering posts.

Come down any time...great place to live, work and visit.

We do have an Air Show....scheduled for Saturday, September 19th. Quite a few metro area pilots, Springs, Pueblo and out of state participate. This year the Pikes Peak Chapter of the Studebakers/Packard club will have a car show out there in conjunction with the Air Show. DM me if anyone needs information.

Airport is old Army Air Force training site, so it can land a lot of stuff! I am not a pilot, but I do know the fuel is cheap at the airport. The company officials for www.bonnieplants.com flew in to get fuel, and found a place to open a new growing station. It started up in January and now employs about 18 people. You'll see them at the bottom left of the picture I posted previously on this thread.

DontheP.A. spoke about the water. The City of La Junta has a reverse osmosis plant that treats the City water. So don't hesitate to visit, and...it's Ok to drink the water!

There are several water companies in the area that have been using common technology to treat well water in the outlying areas for taste and odor for quite some time now. It has been very effective in addressing the issues he spoke about in most cases.

Included is a better picture of La Junta Municipal Airport.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado