Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2011, 09:15 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,457,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenkonami View Post
Good info, Joss. Great maps.
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 11:32 AM

Last night was the last performance of the Broadway series at Memorial Hall before the renovation. It was a production of Fiddler on the Roof and was very good. Since it was the last night I decided to take pictures of Memorial Hall and the Riverwalk as hopefully both are different the next time I go back in 2013.

I was in rush hour traffic to make it there on time.

The top of Memorial Hall

The new building going up on the Riverwalk.

They are doing the yearly cleaning of the Riverwalk.

The Riverwalk at dusk.

This was the first pick that helped pave the roads in Pueblo in 1906.

Memorial Hall (see you in 2013!)

The Riverwalk area after the play

Old 06-08-2011, 09:01 AM

There was a article about the Governor going to Pueblo but the part I liked was how it talked about the state grant and what exactly Pueblo is applying for as they have increased the venues they are trying to get into the area. I really hope we get it as it would help the Riverwalk area and downtown.

This is from the Chieftain:

The governor also will make HB1311 law in Pueblo. It increases from two to six the number of regional tourism projects the state will support. Pueblo is in the running for one of them. Proposed development around the Historic Arkansas Riverwalk Project would include performing arts venues, an aquatic center featuring an Olympic-size pool, a hotel and a sports arena geared toward bull riding.

The link: Hickenlooper on the road for a week - The Pueblo Chieftain: Local

Old 06-09-2011, 12:32 PM

Talking Springs families embracing Buell Children's Museum

In today's Chieftain it talks about how people from the region including Colorado Springs come to Pueblo's Children's museum. I have always said that one thing that's great about Pueblo is our commitment to the arts and this article is just one more example of that as people from a larger city come down to our Children's museum because they do not have one of their own.

Here are my pictures of the Buell Children's Museum in downtown Pueblo.
Its part of the Sangre De Cristo Fine art Center.

This is the article from the Chieftain:

Pick any day to visit and it's likely you'll meet as many out-of-town visitors as Puebloans. That they come from the smaller towns south and east of the city isn't a surprise. The fact that increasing numbers of school groups and families from Colorado Springs are heading south, however, is particularly notable.

The link: Headin

Old 06-11-2011, 01:44 PM

I was in downtown last night and took 2 pictures of the Riverwalk from the same spot just different times.

Old 06-11-2011, 05:08 PM

50,794 posts, read 24,297,543 times
How come almost every time I see photos of River Walk, and the twice I visited, there are nearly no people there?

Old 06-11-2011, 05:13 PM

Last night it was where I was. If you look in the distance in the first photo you see tents and that is where the festival was so that is where all the people where. Then behind me was the 'B' Street bash. I was in between the two going to a bar so there were people but not as many if I would have been on the main part.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:20 AM

As promised here are some pictures of the Boat, Blues and BBQ festival on the Riverwalk. This is one of the smaller festivals on the Riverwalk but was still festive.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
There was a article about the Governor going to Pueblo but the part I liked was how it talked about the state grant and what exactly Pueblo is applying for as they have increased the venues they are trying to get into the area. I really hope we get it as it would help the Riverwalk area and downtown.

This is from the Chieftain:

The governor also will make HB1311 law in Pueblo. It increases from two to six the number of regional tourism projects the state will support. Pueblo is in the running for one of them. Proposed development around the Historic Arkansas Riverwalk Project would include performing arts venues, an aquatic center featuring an Olympic-size pool, a hotel and a sports arena geared toward bull riding.

The link: Hickenlooper on the road for a week - The Pueblo Chieftain: Local
I have been doing some research on this and I have found that the PBR wants to help develop a arena where they train all their potential bull riders from around the world and they would call it the PBR University. This would bring in a lot of people who will be staying in downtown Pueblo for a extended period of time.

The good news about the arena is the convention center could use it as well adding to the space they have which would be 100,000 square feet. I am not sure how much square feet arena's have but I have read 50,000 square feet or more so it has the potential to give Pueblo 150,000 to 200,000 square feet of space that could be used for conventions. The arena will, also, be used for concerts giving Pueblo a nice indoor venue in downtown by the Riverwalk for larger concerts.

Overall I am very pleased with the plan and hope we get it.

Old 06-28-2011, 05:10 PM

Talking Rollin' On the Riverwalk

The 4th of July is only 6 days away and as usual the Riverwalk is going to be the place to be in Pueblo! Since there is a firework ban in Pueblo county I suspect there could be a lot of people at the Riverwalk to enjoy the show. I will be there and post my pictures after.

Here is the schedule of events if you want to attend:

3:00 pm - 4:00 pm - Tom Munch and Johnny Watson

4:00 pm - 5:00 pm - Silver Mountain Bluegrass Fiddlers

5:00 pm - 6:00 pm - Mariachi Serna-Flores

6:00 pm - 8:00 pm - Fireweed Bluegrass Band

8:00 pm - 9:30 pm - Pueblo Symphony featuring guest artists: Kelly & Todd Albrecht, Tabitha Rooney and Al Eberhardt

Fireworks follow the Symphony Concert!!!

The link if you have anymore questions: Rollin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado