Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2012, 07:45 PM

25 posts, read 49,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Thanks again..... I am glad you like the pictures..... I might head downtown tonight to the Friday Art Walk and if I do I will post some pictures here tomorrow.
We will definitely be on here checking!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 03:21 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,452,401 times
Due to the weather, we had a thunderstorm with some rain and a lot of wind, I was unable to make it to the art walk last night so I did not get any pictures.

Old 07-07-2012, 05:54 PM

It's okay! I just hope we get some of those thunderstorms you just had!

Quote:
Due to the weather, we had a thunderstorm with some rain and a lot of wind, I was unable to make it to the art walk last night so I did not get any pictures.

Old 08-04-2012, 03:55 PM

I took this picture of downtown Pueblo last night from Parkview Medical Center.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:09 AM

Pueblo is really pushing downtown for living, working and playing. I am glad to see that as I think a vibrant core is a must for a city to be strong. I, also, like Pueblo's new slogan "Southern Capitol of Colorado". Its almost like I came up with it but shows where I get my mindset from and that its not only me in Pueblo who feels the way I do.

This is from the Pueblo convention center and shows the new downtown push along with the new slogan.

This is a map of the new convention center expansion/ Professional Bull Riders university arena and how they are all in one large complex so they can be used to attract really large conventions. It also shows one of the new hotels that will move here. I really like this plan as it will give Pueblo a convention center larger then we would have had without the PBR arena. The arena can, also, be used for concerts and it will be nice to have a large venue like that in downtown along with the state fair events center. The only city in the state that has anything like this right now is Denver and now Pueblo will as well but even Denver does not have the kind of outdoor amphitheater Pueblo has in downtown. Overall by 2020 I think Pueblo's downtown will be the envy of many cities smaller and larger then we are.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:29 AM

I took these pictures of the Riverwalk at night about a week ago.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:53 PM

Josseppie those are such amazing photos as always!!!

Old 10-20-2012, 09:07 PM

Thank you!!!!!!

Old 10-20-2012, 09:22 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:

This is Pueblo's Convention center. It is currently 50,000 square feet and will be expanded to be 100,000 square feet. The Marriott hotel is connected to it and the Cambria Suites is located across the street on Sante Fe. The goal is to make that stretch of Sante Fe "hotel and restaurant row". It is all part of the Riverwalk area and the plan includes more hotels once the police building and health department are moved plus other developments are planed, it will all be connected to the baseball stadium and Runyon Lake by the Riverwalk.
I sure wish city council members, when approving some new hotel for their city, would demand better architecture. Marriott is the stingiest when it comes to their hotel designs, always so mediocre-looking, so blah, never an attractive addition to any city! They should be so ashamed!

Couldn't they, at least, spend a little money on more colorful paint?

Old 10-20-2012, 10:28 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
I know I am a homer and that's ok. As far as the Riverwalk, IMO, it saved downtown and as it grows it will cause the rest of downtown to grow with it. Once they start the next phase of the Riverwalk with the planned expansion of the convention center, new hotels, etc., that will cost $60 million and the remodel project of Memorial/ city Hall that will cost over $10 million it should be really noticeable how that area has transformed Pueblo from a struggling steel town in the 1970's and 1980's into a boom town in the 2010's.
I've always been curious about Pueblo, perhaps even as a retirement place, and I thank you for satisfying so many of my curiosities about Pueblo. Didn't realize there was a nice Riverwalk area, like Oklahoma City's Bricktown.

Move from glitzy Las Vegas to Pueblo, a real true city which I'm craving? You betcha, I'll consider it, over Tucson. I see Pueblo has a lower altitude than Colo. Springs and Denver, so that adds to the attraction, a bit warmer in winter, and yes, hotter in summer, but cool evenings! I'll take it!

Thanks mucho for all the revealing photo's!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado