U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2007, 03:43 PM

32 posts, read 193,606 times

Advertisements

I have been lurking here for over a year as my husband and I (and three kids) have been contemplating a move to Colorado. We came out last August and toured the lovely state and really liked Louisville and Briargate.

We finally put our house up for sale here in California and we got a full price offer within the first week! Way faster than we thought - so Sunday we are coming out to find some houses.

I have learned so much from these forums and I am so thankful for all of you posters giving so much info on different areas.

Thanks to you all - we are also checking out Highlands Ranch, Castle Rock and such.

Any other info you all want to share? Our budget is $200,000 - $350,000 for a home with 5 bedrooms and would like .2 acres - but not a deal breaker. We are looking for a family friendly neighborhood, low crime and such. No worries on the job because my husband works from home.

Thanks again to all the regular responders!
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2007, 06:06 PM

10,685 posts, read 28,526,404 times
What else is important to you and your family in a community?

I have looked at *everything* under $400,000 in Highlands Ranch and Parker...there are hundreds on the market, with one family from south CA and another from AZ.

There are 25 in the Douglas County area under $350 with 5 bedrooms and a fifth of an acre or more.

Old 03-20-2007, 06:23 PM

32 posts, read 193,606 times
Thanks for looking - I got confused with the Highland Ranch zip codes - pulled up another city on realtor.com.

Other important things are - a million kids around to play with at anytime. I have an extra 5 here right now! My kids love to swim - so I really like the recreation facilities some cities have. That's pretty much it! Thanks again!

Old 03-20-2007, 10:14 PM

226 posts, read 1,248,100 times
Highlands Ranch will be a very good fit. They have several excellent recreation centers. Many areas that most would consider Highlands Ranch are actually Littleton. 80126, 80129, 80130 should cover Highlands Ranch.

I would also take a look at the following areas in Castle Rock:
The Meadows - lots of new construction by several good builders and a quickly growing area.
Castlewood Ranch - a little more rural, feels more removed, but is still convenient to most areas. I don't think it has it's own recreation center, but it is fairly close (by car) to the Castle Rock Rec Center.
Crystal Valley Ranch - They are about to break ground on a new recreation center.

Old 03-21-2007, 03:51 AM

1 posts, read 2,040 times
Default Contemplating a move to Boulder or Fort Colllins, Colorado

Aloha,

After 22 years in Maui, we are contemplating a move to Colorado. We love Maui and all that it has to offer but are spending every cent we earn on a mortgage and private schools. We love Colorado and the idea of attending quality public schools and having a much smaller mortgage. Skiing and snowboarding and road trips on the weekend are sounding great, too!

Preliminary research draws us to the Boulder and Fort Collins areas. We are looking for an excellent middle school (incoming 6th grader) and high school (incoming 9th grader). Our older son is a talented basketball player who would like to attend a high school where he will have the opportunity to work with a great coach in a superior basketball program. Academics at both the middle school and high school level are extremely important to us, as well.

We would love to live in an older, classic home on a large lot but would consider a newer subdivision, if that is what it takes to be in the right school district.

I greatly appreciate your replies. Please let me know if I can help with questions about the islands. Mahalo nui loa!

Old 03-21-2007, 11:57 AM

106 posts, read 391,535 times
Check out the Weld County web site : http://www.co.weld.co.us/about/communities.html (broken link)

Being here about 3 yrs now, we got lucky and moved to the "Tri-Town" area in Weld county. It's probably saved us several thousand dollars in taxes, and other fees. Great gowning area.

Old 03-21-2007, 03:07 PM

530 posts, read 2,372,529 times
My family and I moved to Louisville last June and we just love it. We are happy with the Boulder County Schools. My 13yo son attends Monarch which he loves and was readily welcomed by his new classmates. Our 11yo daughter is in special ed and attends Eisenhower Elementary in Boulder. We love both schools. There are many nice rec centers around. My son goes swimming several nites a week with his friends. Louisville was rated the number 1 area in the country to raise a family just a few years ago. My wife and I have also made great friends and we find this area to be very warm and friendly. we were most worried about our 13yo son before we moved. How hard would it be to make new friends? Like I said, the kids and their parents have made our move a very rewarding one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or