U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-30-2008, 07:19 PM

51 posts, read 150,782 times
Centennial Valley Pediatrics. They are located in Louisville on S. Boulder Road, but it is a quick drive (5-10 min.) from Broomfield.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 11:38 PM
tao

719 posts, read 2,213,574 times
Default Question: Is Broomfield a suburb of Boulder or Denver?

Where should we post threads/questions about Broomfield? It's smack in the middle between Boulder and Denver. Perhaps we should have a forum dedicated for the suburbs between Boulder and Denver (Superior, Louisville, Broomfield, Westminster, Arvada, Thornton, etc.)? A lot of people come to this forum asking questions about relocating to the suburbs, especially about the suburbs between Denver and Boulder and the issue of commuting between Boulder and Denver.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:43 AM
Status: "Popcorn up, May 27! Knee high by the 4th of July?" (set 7 days ago)

67,127 posts, read 54,482,447 times
Like every community in the north metro Denver area, there are people in Broomfield who work in Denver, and those who work in Boulder. Boulder itself is more or less a suburb of Denver; there are plenty of people who go back and forth between the two. I think the criteria for a separate forum is a certain number of posts about each. There already is a Boulder forum that should take care of most needs.

Old 06-07-2008, 08:26 PM

7,798 posts, read 14,569,767 times
A fair question. The current area comprising the City and County of Broomfield was created from parts of four counties: Boulder, Jefferson, Adams, and Weld. So, you could say that the area has, uh, mixed parentage. I liked it a lot better when it was not really a suburb of anything, just a nice small town out in the country between Denver and Boulder. It hasn't been THAT long ago when it was exactly that.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:03 PM

3,460 posts, read 2,244,040 times
That's just what I was thinking Jazz........back in the mid 70s, I remember going waaaaayyyyy out in the country to see a friend who lived there.

Old 06-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Status: "Popcorn up, May 27! Knee high by the 4th of July?" (set 7 days ago)

67,127 posts, read 54,482,447 times
By the time we got here in 1980, it was fairly built up, but even today it retains that sort of country-ish feeling, especially in some areas. Broomfield HS was built in 1959, if that tells you anything about the history of the place.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:41 PM

18 posts, read 55,167 times
Default Honest Auto Repair Shop-Broomfield Area?

Hi Everyone

We are relatively new to the area and live in Broomfield. Our trusty Subaru Forester (46 k miles) has developed an ominous grinding noise when we put the car in reverse. Looking for a good honest repair shop preferably in Broomfield but will go to nearby towns if they are really good.

I just had my tires rotated at Sears a week ago and I am wondering if they did something wrong, but usually places like that don't have top mechanics.

Thanks for whatever help you can give us.

Steve

Old 07-26-2008, 09:44 PM

2,290 posts, read 3,621,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ostreicher View Post
Hi Everyone

We are relatively new to the area and live in Broomfield. Our trusty Subaru Forester (46 k miles) has developed an ominous grinding noise when we put the car in reverse. Looking for a good honest repair shop preferably in Broomfield but will go to nearby towns if they are really good.

I just had my tires rotated at Sears a week ago and I am wondering if they did something wrong, but usually places like that don't have top mechanics.

Thanks for whatever help you can give us.

Steve
If you're willing to travel, Super-Rupair in Boulder. (They work only on Subarus.)

Old 07-26-2008, 09:56 PM

18 posts, read 55,167 times
Default Super Repair Question

Suzco

Thanks for the tip. Have you personally had work done by them and how was it?

Steve

Old 07-26-2008, 10:07 PM

2,290 posts, read 3,621,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ostreicher View Post
Suzco

Thanks for the tip. Have you personally had work done by them and how was it?

Steve
I've used them for more than 25 years. I've had two subarus in that period; the one I drive now is a 1998 outback that I bought new in 1998. Except for the period time it was still under warranty so I took it to the dealer, Super-Rupair is the only place that I've taken it to. It's still doing great. They kept the earlier one going for 14 years or so. They're a big shop, supposedly the largest independent Subaru dealer in the country. I don't know if that's true or not, of course. They're honest, and built their reputation on keeping subarus working.

Last edited by suzco; 07-26-2008 at 10:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado