U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 02:08 AM

220 posts, read 701,673 times

Advertisements

As one who spent a lot of time driving around Broomfield when making the final decision on where to relocate our family from Long Island, NY, I can firmly say that it has great housing, excellent neighborhoods with a large number of active families and if you go north of 144th, ant east of Lowell, you will find homes with acreage. I predict that the area north of the broadlands will become a very upscale neighborhood supporting homes that reach $2 million or more. For 1/4 of that just across 144th, you will find beautiful homes.

It is definitely a buyers market and we found many homes were vacant, thus ensuring a great bargaining position.

We cannot speak to the political or theological makeup of the community.

With regard to Anthem Highlands, the homes represent a nice value but the taxes in the area are rather steep and would likely give someone from ATL sticker shock. Broomfield is it's own county and there are areas called "special tax districts" which should be considered when making a decision.

We are looking to escape the Jones' as well while remaining cognizant that they have successfully infiltrated every socio-economic layer of society.

Good Luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2006, 03:03 PM

55 posts, read 262,014 times
Default Broomfield?

Hi,
Just looking for info on Broomfield - what's it like to live there? Does it have a walkable downtown? How far from Boulder? Are the schools good? Anything would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 11-01-2006, 06:52 PM

10,688 posts, read 28,531,913 times
Broomfield has many great qualities, and a brand new opening next week event center. Close to both Denver & Boulder.

age of home range from 1970's to today.

I have talked about it before search "Broomfield" in both the Colorado & Denver forums

Old 12-04-2006, 01:39 AM

7 posts, read 25,755 times
i think that would be too optimistic; for that age and size up your figures 10-20%. There are houses built in 70's and 80's that size and price range, though.

Housing. Can we get a 5 year or newer, 2000-2500 sq ft house in the Broomfield area for around $200,000 or less?

Old 12-04-2006, 09:25 AM

including basement square footage or no?

Old 12-05-2006, 06:05 PM

31 posts, read 108,167 times
Default Quality of schools in Broomfield area

We are considering moving to the Broomfield / Superior / Louisville area. Quality of schools is very important to us. I've looked at the test scores and other statistics for Legacy, Broomfield, Monarch, and Standley Lake high schools, and all seem pretty solid, but I'm looking for other opinions on the overall safety (gangs, weapons, etc.), reputation and quality of education in these schools. I've read the reviews on greatschools.net, but some have no reviews (Broomfield), and I'm never sure whether to trust the reviews (were they all written by the administrators? bitter parents with unruly kids? etc.)

It appears that Monarch and Broomfield are the more desireable schools, but are Legacy and Standley Lake mediocre/bad, or still very good but just not as good as the others? Any opinions are helpful - thank you!

Old 12-06-2006, 08:10 AM

Call the principal of each school, get their opinion of the situation.

You will be more comfortable once you have some facts from the horses mouth.

Old 02-02-2007, 05:28 PM

1 posts, read 4,686 times
Default Just moved to Broomfield from Atlanta TOO!!

Hi, I just moved to Broomfield from Alpharetta, Ga which is also North of Atlanta. I love Broomfield, the shopping is great there is a new mall that is awesome. We have been here during all the snow and we do not have 4 wheel drive and did fine. You just learn to drive much slower than you do in Atlanta. The people are soooooo nice and down to earth. You have a lot of people that are wealthy but you would never be able to pick them out. From living in Alpharetta, GA this is a nice change. I am 24 and my husband is 30,and we also do not have any kids. This is a great place for people our age. Also in reponse to your question about churches, my boss was just telling me about a great Baptist church that is a little bit of a drive but is worth it. I could ask him the name of it again if you would like. Hope your move goes well. My email is tiffanypaigeland@yahoo.com if you have any more questions.

Old 02-02-2007, 10:18 PM

20,336 posts, read 37,847,549 times
Paige....welcome to the site, and thanks for posting your impressions. I too find the people here to be great... maybe it's because most of us came from somewhere else... where the natives weren't so friendly due to crowding and being hot under the collar from all that east coast humidity....

Everything else here is great too....

s/mike

Old 03-19-2007, 06:42 PM

1 posts, read 3,926 times
Default Moving to Broomfield

Hi, I am planning to move into Broomfield. What would be the sub-division considered good and which to avoid? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

We did some house shopping and noticed the following.

Northmoor
Birch is a really good elementary school but neigborhood there kinda rough. Old house, cookie cutter, old cars and people driving by so fast at the neighborhood.

Lac Amora
Houses are pretty old and expensive for the years of the house. School system is pretty good. A lot of empty land - may be for future expansion ?
<<any other opionion on Lac Amora would be great too>>

Torrey Peak
Ok school, but not too many in the market.

Any other sub divisions that i should look for?

thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or