U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-17-2008, 08:09 PM
Status: "60th anniversary of the polio vaccine! Hail to Pitt!" (set 9 days ago)

70,033 posts, read 60,574,028 times

Advertisements

There is some info about Broomfield on here, b/c I have posted some myself. I don't live in Broomfield, but do live near there and my kids did gymnastics at Broomfield High School for 7 yrs total so I spent a lot of time there in those days. Broomfield has a good sense of community, in my opinion. I think you could find a house you like in your price range there. They have a great library and a little water park your kids would like. I like it b/c it is as you said, centrally located, yet it's sort of on the edge of the metro at the same time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2008, 09:10 PM

352 posts, read 1,167,531 times
No news is good news. Broomfield is a nice area, like you said, close to Denver and Boulder. It is so nice thet I decided to move there too. I will be there by June. Everybody I know in Broomfield loves it. When you drive through Broomfield, you can tell your not in the thick of the city, but not in the boondocks either. It is a quiet area, and has well planned parks and recreation. There are many trails and open spaces.

Broomfield is a consolidated city-county, so that will save you a drive all over god's creation if in the rare event you need to go to the county seat for something. Depending on where you live, you could have been in any one of 4 counties a few years ago.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:08 PM

136 posts, read 501,132 times
I am looking at Broomfield too. The houses in the Broadlands community look very attractive, but quite expensive.

Old 03-19-2008, 02:17 AM

4 posts, read 19,812 times
I live in Broomfield and love it. I also work here, so it's an easy commute. The two things I like the most were mentioned by the previous posters: it's close to everything, and as Mikieo mentioned, I feel like I'm in the city when getting to the stores I need, but it's quiet like a small community.

Old 03-20-2008, 02:03 PM

676 posts, read 1,912,865 times
Broomfield is going to be cheaper than boulder but not as cheap as places such as thornton or westminster which are closer to Denver but have older more run-down areas. Its a really neat community and you don't really feel as if you are in the big city there and the distance to open space is a plus also.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:15 PM

1 posts, read 2,134 times
Default Moving from UK to Broomfield, CO

Hi,

I'm planning on moving my family from Essex, England to Broomfield, CO this summer assuming I get my visa. I'd be interested to hear from any other brits that have made the move.

I'm curious about the cost of living and how that compares to the UK. I can see that I would certainly get a bigger house for my money compared to the UK but from a recent visit the cost of groceries actually appears to be higher than here in the UK (relative to my US salary).

I'd appreciate any guidance.

Thanks,

Andy.

Old 04-17-2008, 05:20 PM

4,268 posts, read 7,409,222 times
Default Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyfromuk View Post
Hi,

I'm planning on moving my family from Essex, England to Broomfield, CO this summer assuming I get my visa. I'd be interested to hear from any other brits that have made the move.

I'm curious about the cost of living and how that compares to the UK. I can see that I would certainly get a bigger house for my money compared to the UK but from a recent visit the cost of groceries actually appears to be higher than here in the UK (relative to my US salary).

I'd appreciate any guidance.

Thanks,

Andy.
Hello,
I'm a Brit who's been living in Colorado about 2.5 years - Minnesota before that.

There are a lot of things that are cheaper here, especially housing and petrol. Groceries are going up because of the petrol prices - delivery costs means higher prices on the shelves sadly. But many supermarkets here have membership cards which give you discounts on things. Going out, like to the cinema is a lot cheaper too: matinees can be as little as $5 or maybe $9 for an evening performance. Dining out varies so much on the restaurant and what town you're in but again, you can eat out very nicely for less than in the south of England. Shopping for clothes is a lot cheaper too altho you have to remember to add sales tax to the ticket price. They don't include it like we do.

As I haven't lived in England for over 10 years I can't compare things like utilities or TV but you do have some choice between cable and satellite TV. I recommend satellite but you need a house with a clear view of the southern sky. Water and sewage hookups and rubbish collection are handled by the city.

Any other questions do feel free to PM me via the Direct Messaging system they have on this site.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:13 PM

1,048 posts, read 3,041,253 times
I have not been in UK, but know people who traveled there and Europe and all have said that the cost of living (food, gas etc.) is much higher in the UK (and whole Europe) than in the US. There are other costs, however, like health care etc.

Hope this addresses some of the items you may have been wondering about. Let me know if I can answer anything else.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:11 AM

1 posts, read 2,139 times
Default Pediatricians in Broomfield Area

My family is relocating to Broomfield in 2 weeks and I need to find a good pediatrician for my 2 children. Any suggestions?

Old 04-19-2008, 10:18 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,981,178 times
Indian Crest Pediatrics. In particular Dr. Sona Shah. She (and her practice) are as good as they come with a strong committment to treating patients as humans and not numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado