U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 11:42 AM

91 posts, read 256,564 times
Default How far is colorado from Michigan

We have a chance to move to either California or Colorado with a job opportunity that my husband has....I was wondering if you could tell me how long it takes to get to Michigan from Colorado. We have relitives in that area so I would be curious to know.
Also could you tell me a bit about Co. Springs as well as Aurora and which one is best place to live?
We have enough money to not worry about the cost of living there.
This is not a problem. We just need to know best location of the two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2007, 11:56 AM

6 posts, read 29,109 times
I live in Kalamazoo, and I believe it's about a 17 hour drive from here to Colorado.

Old 03-23-2007, 12:16 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,812,673 times
Mapquest.com> put in your address and where you're going. It will tell you how to get there and how long. It depends alot on which city in CO you have in mind.

Old 03-23-2007, 12:30 PM

2,755 posts, read 8,491,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentAngel View Post
We have a chance to move to either California or Colorado with a job opportunity that my husband has....I was wondering if you could tell me how long it takes to get to Michigan from Colorado. We have relitives in that area so I would be curious to know.
Also could you tell me a bit about Co. Springs as well as Aurora and which one is best place to live?
According to Google maps, it's about 18 1/2 hours from Detroit to Denver. I suggest you check your exact location to see what it would be for you.

As for comparing Colorado Springs and Aurora... it's a bit of apples-and-oranges comparison because the Springs is an independent city of about 350,000 people while Aurora is more of an older suburb of Denver. If you do some searching here, you'll find that Aurora is not the most highly regarded suburb in the Denver area, and mostly people live there because it's cheaper, although that being said the southeast portion of the city is in a good school district and is fairly nice. Colorado Springs would have a lower cost of living than Aurora or anywhere in the Denver area but usually also has lower salaries, tends to be more conservative, is much more scenic/prettier, has more to interest tourists than Aurora certainly, is further from skiing, and does "feel" smaller.

I'm curious why you singled out Aurora among the dozens of other suburbs of Denver (granted, it is the largest one of the lot).

For more info on the Springs, I suggest you read "Mike from Back East"'s excellent thread "Why choose Colorado Springs?" For more info on Aurora, do a search on this form for Aurora.

Old 03-23-2007, 03:16 PM

69,113 posts, read 58,222,176 times
You really have to be careful about Google, Mapquest, etc when looking at driving times. These sites tell you exactly that, the driving time going directly from point A to point B. They do not include any time off the road to eat, use the restroom or buy gas. As my daughter once said, "you can eat in the car, you can pee out the window, but you have to stop for gas". Sometimes, you have to drive several miles from the interstate (if that's the road you are using) to the gas station, then several more miles back. And while my daughter has a good point about the window, you may get arrested for doing that! I would say to add a few hrs, at least for those activities, more if you plan to stop at a restaurant to eat.

Old 03-23-2007, 06:31 PM

432 posts, read 1,841,704 times
If Denver area or Springs area were my only choices and money was not a problem. And I am assuming you want city type living. Then I would pick the Broadmoor area in Colorado Springs. Beautiful area, the natural contour of hills and trees and beautiful homes is spectacular. There are some beautiful old homes and new homes. Country Club, golf if you like and yet people with normal wage mixed in. My daughter, an uncle and aunt are living in that area and they both have a mix of all type of people their neighborhood, nice neighbors. Backed up against Cheyenne Mountain. Of coarse they share that area with wild life too. Most homes even tho they are typically close to each other has a feel of privacy because of the native trees being left when homes were built. The homes in that area are more expensive. Go to----http://www.hellocoloradosprings.com/neighborhoods/west/broadmoora/broadmoor.htm----take a look.

Last edited by Nadine; 03-23-2007 at 06:39 PM.. Reason: Added thought.

Old 03-24-2007, 12:19 AM

10,900 posts, read 17,967,210 times
Quote:
If Denver area or Springs area were my only choices and money was not a problem. And I am assuming you want city type living. Then I would pick the Broadmoor area in Colorado Springs. Beautiful area, the natural contour of hills and trees and beautiful homes is spectacular. There are some beautiful old homes and new homes. Country Club, golf if you like and yet people with normal wage mixed in. ... Go to----http://www.hellocoloradosprings.com/neighborhoods/west/broadmoora/broadmoor.htm----take a look.
Great Idea (If cost is no problem). I feel CoS has much better livability for my lifestyle, but each person is different. (some prefer shopping; some prefer hiking and nature)

I would definately rather commute out of the CoS airport, (even if you often have to transfer in DEN, you don't have to drive 1/2 way to Kansas to get there... ). COS has been nice, EZ, and friendly each time I've used it.

Quote:
RE: Mapquest...They do not include any time off the road to eat, use the restroom or buy gas.
You can significantly reduce your stops by changing cars... Mine goes 950 miles between fill-ups ; gotta watch your liquid intake, or learn to 'hold-it' ---
(diesel VW's... 50 mpg since 1976 no dinosaurs or OPEC required... just a few good mexican or chinese restaurants )

Quote:
either California or Colorado
, now that wouldn't be too hard of a choice, unless the CA destination was a ranger in Lassen NP. That place is great, very Colorado like (except for the state... and the taxes) www.nps.gov/lavo/

Old 03-24-2007, 01:40 AM

1,903 posts, read 5,645,434 times
ugh, family trip back in 1998. One long-ass drive.

Old 03-24-2007, 10:05 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,812,673 times
Quote:
diesel VW's... 50 mpg since 1976 no dinosaurs or OPEC required
This is the case only if you're using vegtable oil. If you're pumping diesel, it still comes from dinosaurs.
Quote:
unless the CA destination was a ranger in Lassen NP.
Isn't Lassen in Washington?
Oh well I get your drift. Anywhere on the coast from Santa Barbara to Santa Cruz would be nice, too. Rancho Santa Fe, in San Diego County would be my first choice if I could afford it.

Old 10-11-2010, 01:17 PM

1 posts, read 7,165 times
Default colarado springs to michigan how far it to travel their.and how far is it from phx az to co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanaddict View Post
how far is it from colarado springs to michigan? and also how far is it froht knowm phx az to colarado springs. we might be moving to co. we live in oceanside ca. righ
t know and have fam . living in az and in mich

thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado