U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 07:46 AM

1,207 posts, read 4,138,515 times

Advertisements

frcal-
Ex-San Diegans here. We live in Monument, just north of Colorado Springs. No one will ever say we are in the 'banana belt', but we do have trees. We usually get the brunt of snow storms, but are usually cooler in the summer. Most of the lots are half acre or larger. We have easy access to the south end of Denver and the major growth in COS is on the north end. We looked at COS, and it has it's nice areas, but Monument is what I envisioned CO living would be.
Where are you at in CA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 08:52 AM

431 posts, read 2,500,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_LUVNM View Post
Hi Nadine. I have never been to Canon City but have heard it is near Royal Gorge so since I dont know the area, didnt mention it. I do know several areas in Colorado have micro climates being warmer than areas around it. I hope to visit there some day. I definitely want to see that bridge - awesome looking!
Don't just look at it tho. Walk across. That is the best way to appreciate, I think. Just don't look down thro the cracks in the boards. LOL Just kidding.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:30 PM

476 posts, read 2,088,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
Don't just look at it tho. Walk across. That is the best way to appreciate, I think. Just don't look down thro the cracks in the boards. LOL Just kidding.
Yes I plan to definitely walk across. Heights dont scare me. I used to parachute jump with my ex-husband on a few occasions. Love gorges, canyons, mountains and such!

Old 03-29-2007, 11:04 PM

49 posts, read 213,044 times
Thank you for all of your information. We are from southern Cal, inland empire. I do plan on visiting Woodland in a few weeks. I am also looking at southern Colorado. Basically this visit will determine which area we would eventually begin our search for retirement. I appreciate all info you have offered. Are most properties on municipal water or septic and water wells?

Old 03-31-2007, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_LUVNM View Post
Yes I plan to definitely walk across. Heights dont scare me. I used to parachute jump
with my ex-husband on a few occasions. Love gorges, canyons, mountains and such!
Well some extreme sport nuts do parachute off the bridge. Yes some have been killed. They just don't seem to understand about the under currants that gorge has. Now they have something up your alley. They swing you out over the gorge plus there is a gondola. I like the bridge, the incline and the train. Hate all that other tourist crap that has been added. I am an old bitty that loved the way nature made the canyon with some human interferance. Now the top is a amusement park. Really hate it. Such a shame. But is still worth seeing. Not the Grand Canyon so don't expect that. Still the highest suspention bridge in the world.

Old 04-01-2007, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
Well some extreme sport nuts do parachute off the bridge. Yes some have been killed. They just don't seem to understand about the under currants that gorge has. Now they have something up your alley. They swing you out over the gorge plus there is a gondola. I like the bridge, the incline and the train. Hate all that other tourist crap that has been added. I am an old bitty that loved the way nature made the canyon with some human interferance. Now the top is a amusement park. Really hate it. Such a shame. But is still worth seeing. Not the Grand Canyon so don't expect that. Still the highest suspention bridge in the world.
I like safe recreations but jumping off the bridge sounds just plain crazy! I too just love natural beauty and to study it. I dont like to see man made fun park junking up natural beauty either. I hate what they did to the Grand Canyon - the skywalk thing. Anyway I plan on seeing the gorge this summer and cant wait!

Old 04-01-2007, 01:08 PM

[quote=I_LUVNM;522314]I like safe recreations but jumping off the bridge sounds just plain crazy! I too just love natural beauty and to study it. I dont like to see man made fun park junking up natural beauty either. I hate what they did to the Grand Canyon - the skywalk thing. Anyway I plan on seeing the gorge this summer and cant wait![/QUOTE Have fun and let me know how you liked it. Believe it or not. I have not been up there for several yrs. We danced on the bridge every year. It is so expensive and so is the train but it was fun to do that again last year with my class for our class reunion. The incline is the steepest rail in the world they say. It takes you from the top to the bottom. Year before last we took the helicopter ride over the gorge. He does try to pop you out of your set. Pilot takes you over the gorge and drops the bottom out. That was fun even tho I get motion sickness. Got thru before dinner came up. Bummer I love doing some of those things but always have to take dramine, this time I guess it didn't kick in. That Skywalk thing over the grand canyon. I will go but it is a shame. I sure hope it does help that tribe like it is supposed to. I have been to one of their villiages with a Indain friend of mine. They really do need some help.

Old 04-02-2007, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Have fun and let me know how you liked it. Believe it or not. I have not been up there for several yrs. We danced on the bridge every year. It is so expensive and so is the train but it was fun to do that again last year with my class for our class reunion. The incline is the steepest rail in the world they say. It takes you from the top to the bottom. Year before last we took the helicopter ride over the gorge. He does try to pop you out of your set. Pilot takes you over the gorge and drops the bottom out. That was fun even tho I get motion sickness. Got thru before dinner came up. Bummer I love doing some of those things but always have to take dramine, this time I guess it didn't kick in. That Skywalk thing over the grand canyon. I will go but it is a shame. I sure hope it does help that tribe like it is supposed to. I have been to one of their villiages with a Indain friend of mine. They really do need some help.
Thanks Nadine for the info. Sounds fun!

Old 05-28-2011, 11:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,183 times
Default banana belt area

Colorado beautiful landscape...........thats about it. Now you heard of the wild west right? Well welcome to Southern I mean all of colorado lol. I live currently here in pueblo west co and it sux! I will start with the schools. I have two children one witch is in school and it is a horrible school wow I can't believe they are aloud to get away with what they do. I will it at that argggggggg. Now the jobs there is none lol in less you want to work at a steel mill, Vestas plant or the chemical depot I am just not sure what else there is other than 3rd or 4th generation poverty not kidding lol. Weather here is a lot warmer than denver or the colorado springs however colorado springs and denver get a more rain and snow. pueblo gets very little rain I mean a little tiny and high water bill if you want grass lol pueblo does get a lot of wind I mean a lot of wind hold your car door or your door will be thrown open! My opinion is that the springs sux too both springs and pueblo are high in crime, springs is a little greener grass/trees. O I almost forgot springs has a lot of military bases Schriever afb fort carson air force academy o and Norad! I was was born in the springs raised and lived in st.louis for the first 25 years of my life now living in pw co. the only good thing about puebo is its chili's the only thing good about springs is the views along with denvers views pretty cool. The only places that are worth moving to is breckenridge, keystone, gunnison those are very beautiful towns!

Old 09-11-2011, 05:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,996 times
Just returned from the "banana belt" buena vista to salida to canon city to rye to walsenburg......wow covers it and ill be going back to discover more!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado