U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 07:39 AM

530 posts, read 2,370,547 times

Advertisements

If you are in the newer part of Westminster, I think you will be just fine. If you can be a little more specific about your location, major streets, etc., that would help. Also, will you be in Jefferson County or Adams County. It can make a big difference regarding schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 09:38 PM

23 posts, read 156,419 times
The condo is in Vista Village, and from what I can tell (through Mapquest) it seems to be in western Westminster, west of Wadsworth Blvd. on W. 88th Avenue.

It also appears to be in Jefferson Co.

Old 03-27-2007, 08:43 AM

530 posts, read 2,370,547 times
This area seems very nice. It is relatively new with new developments and stores. The JeffCo schools are also pretty good. If you like this part of the Denver area, have you considered looking in Louisville or Superior? I live in Louisville, it is in Boulder County. It was recently rated one of the top places in the entire country to raise a family! I don't think you will go wrong in Westminster, I personally just don't know too much about it.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:11 PM

1 posts, read 4,135 times
Smile Moving from the UK to Westminster-Help!!

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I'm gonna be new to Westminster in a few months as I'm relocating there for a new job. I know nothing about the place, no real idea of its location, is it a city? a town? a region? what's it like, what are the people like? I'm irish, living in the UK, so it would be brilliant to know there were some irish or british people living in the area? What's the social scene like?

If anyone can help me out by giving me some info, it would go a long way to allievating my fears at the moment

thanks

Old 08-02-2007, 03:45 PM

1,048 posts, read 3,921,844 times
Westminster is a city in the Denver Metro area ( like big suburb of Denver). Its population is about 100,000. Its close proximity to Denver would not cause the people to be any different. It is north of Denver (About 15 miles). SO anything that you read about people in Denver/Colorado area will be the same and apply to Westminster.

I do not know, but I do not think that there is a central Irish area. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask and I will try my best to answer.

The website for the city is City of Westminster, Colorado

Hope you enjoy this great state and Westminster.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:24 PM

4,308 posts, read 11,464,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyes73 View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I'm gonna be new to Westminster in a few months as I'm relocating there for a new job. I know nothing about the place, no real idea of its location, is it a city? a town? a region? what's it like, what are the people like? I'm irish, living in the UK, so it would be brilliant to know there were some irish or british people living in the area? What's the social scene like?

If anyone can help me out by giving me some info, it would go a long way to allievating my fears at the moment

thanks
HI! I'm British. I live in Longmont which is about 30 mins drive north of Westminster. I've been in Colorado two years but I don't know Westminster at all I'm afraid - I only ever drive thro on the motorway to Denver. It's just to the north of Denver with views west to the Rockies and east all the way to Kansas and it looks like a pretty nice area. There's been some recent development with new outdoor malls and homes.

Old 08-03-2007, 08:03 PM

2 posts, read 5,607 times
I live in Westminster. It is only 15miles from the heart of Denver but it is all really one community blending and you won't really know when passing from one city to the next. The Denver area is a Big City that feels like a small town. Easy to get to the mountains and Colorado community is pretty outdoors loving community. Lots of hiking, biking, skiing, good restaurants.
Welcome!

Old 01-01-2008, 05:23 PM
txp

15 posts, read 43,660 times
Default Westminster Neighborhoods

I'm looking for a new home that has fairly easy access to denver and boulder. Can anyone tell me if the area between 25 and Sheridan and 112 and 128th is a nice area? I've heard that Federal Heights south of that area is not so great. Is this area ok or should I look further north? Thanks.

Old 01-01-2008, 06:52 PM

694 posts, read 1,745,468 times
There are many nice areas off Sheridan between 112th and 128th, so a few questions to narrow it down a bit:

1. What size house do you want and what is your price range?
2. What are the most important characteristics of a house for you?
3. What are the most important characteristics of a neighborhood for you?
4. Do you want to buy new construction (or build) or an older home, and if older, how much older?

Old 01-01-2008, 07:16 PM

5,091 posts, read 13,165,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txp View Post
I'm looking for a new home that has fairly easy access to denver and boulder. Can anyone tell me if the area between 25 and Sheridan and 112 and 128th is a nice area? I've heard that Federal Heights south of that area is not so great. Is this area ok or should I look further north? Thanks.
I go up to this area frequently. This is a very nice area and has a number of well established neighborhoods and much new growth. Front Range Community College is on 112 and has a number of nice neighborhoods.
The main branch of the city of Westminster Library is shared at the community college.

There is much growth along 120 with shopping and a new Walmart is being built near Sheridan and 120th. There is a Kohl's near this intersection. Across and a little down the street on 120 is Brandburn--a new urban development.

A nice area with many new homes is off of Midway East in Westminster and there are more new homes north. This area also extends west to the big park in Broomfield, near Main Street which runs south to north.

Westminster has a big park and a recreation center near 104th and Sheridan.
What is nice is that Hyland Hills Recreation and Westminster Recreation share the use of their facilities. Water World, under Hyland is in Federal Heights. There is a large new urban shopping Center on 104th West of the Park where the big new Ice Arena is under Hyland Hills. This is near the Church Ranch Exit off of 36. There will be a new commuter rail station built here under Fastracks. The area has a large shopping center, a super Target and all kinds of restaurants and stores.

I would not worry about Federal Height--it is east of Federal and South of 104th---which is southeast of the area you mentioned. I am hesitant to say it is such bad areas but it contains a great deal of mobile home parks.

Most of the shopping for this area would be along 120 in Broomfield, west of
Sheridan; at the Northglenn Redevelopment of the Northglenn Mall at I-25 on 104th.

The newest area of Shopping is north on 136th east toward I-25.

There is a brand new hospital, Good Samaritan, on 287 north from Broomfield, north of 470 and Dillon Road. It is just in the boundary of Lafayette which is in Boulder County.

Livecontent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado