Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 12:21 AM

38 posts, read 98,140 times

Advertisements

What kind of needs are in the community of Puelbo? My wife & I are moving to Pueblo in June 2009 to pioneer a new Church and we are wanting to get an understanding of the community by members of the community. All replys would be a great help to us. This is a great opportunity for people to vent about their dislikes and likes of Pueblo, CO. Thanks for any comments. If you are wondering what kind of Church we are pioneering please feel free to view our website www.pueblofamilychurch.org. The name of the church is Pueblo Family Church. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2009, 12:34 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,457,538 times
You sure like the broad questions lol. Again I would love to help you but not even sure how to answer that question.

Old 03-25-2009, 05:05 AM

When I asked what kind of needs are in the community. I was wanting to know is, how are the parks there? Do they need help with upkeep, Are the elderly cared for? Is there anything for teens to do to help keep them out of trouble? Clothing drives? food drives? Are people looking for community? I know how it feels to be in a crowd of people, but at the same time feel so alone. We are not looking to be a self-righteous group of people. We want to help people develop faith, strengthen families, & create opportunities to be a part of something bigger than our own self to make a contribution to humanity. How can we make one community better and then eventually find a way to impact our world. We all have something to offer. Thank you all for your input. What are people looking for in a church? What are they wanting to get out of church? These are the questions I have. Thanks again.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:41 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,401,935 times
We do not need another church with another pastor. There are many, many churches, enough for everyone.
Moderator cut: no personal attacks please
Join an already established social, non-religious, fraternal or faith based organization and give of yourself through volunteering and perhaps give some of the funds your earn in an occupation that will contribute and built. Moderator cut: let's not get too personal please
I give of myself and my funds to many causes; many faith based organization because they provide good services to the community. They have an established structure and are able to meet many needs because the funds are consolidated,[mod cut]
Livecontent

Last edited by katzenfreund; 03-26-2009 at 08:27 AM..

Old 03-25-2009, 11:01 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Take it to the atheist thread Livecontent. He's discussing more here than being a Pastor in Pueblo.

"I don't care if it rains or freezes, long as I've got my
Plastic Jesus sittin' on the dashboard of my car..."

Here's a couple of things you can help Pueblo work on, PB. Too many pregnant teenagers in this town and too much duct tape auto repairs. Driving home today, I saw someone driving their car and the driver door was held together with duct tape (or Duck Tape). They get creative with duct tape in this town. Maybe a drivers ed/sex ed class or two?

Old 03-25-2009, 11:21 PM

Well. We will make an impact one car at a time. LOL. Maybe that should be our mission statement. Actually, I am working on affordable day care and an after school program as well as programs that will help families come together and invest in each other. There are a lot of things I have written down obviously to much that can be listed on this thread. To mention a few, we do have a lot of ideas (practical ideas) to help families in the work force, or to help families get into the work force, to encourage people to continue their education, help others get their GED's & to encourage families to be more involved in each others lives. I wish I could talk forever about this. I believe strong individuals = strong families & strong families = strong churches. We are very excited about being a part of the Pueblo community.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:27 PM

I know Pueblo has needs but to be honest I hope you do not come in with a anti gay agenda. I know I am making generalizations but I do a lot of volunteer work for Pueblo gay pride and the Southern Colorado Equality Alliance and we have a hard time dealing with the needs of our community. We do not need anymore road blocks.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Take it to the atheist thread Livecontent. He's discussing more here than being a Pastor in Pueblo.

"I don't care if it rains or freezes, long as I've got my
Plastic Jesus sittin' on the dashboard of my car..."

Here's a couple of things you can help Pueblo work on, PB. Too many pregnant teenagers in this town and too much duct tape auto repairs. Driving home today, I saw someone driving their car and the driver door was held together with duct tape (or Duck Tape). They get creative with duct tape in this town. Maybe a drivers ed/sex ed class or two?
Thanks Mdog, this is the kind of info I was looking for. Teen pregnancies. I think we can find something to do for that. However about the duck tape thing you might have to call your state rep. or boycott the duck tape company. LOL.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I know Pueblo has needs but to be honest I hope you do not come in with a anti gay agenda. I know I am making generalizations but I do a lot of volunteer work for Pueblo gay pride and the Southern Colorado Equality Alliance and we have a hard time dealing with the needs of our community. We do not need anymore road blocks.
Thanks for your post Joss, I do not have an anti-gay agenda. I do not agree with that lifestyle, however I am not one to interfere with peoples rights. The most amazing thing about our God is that he gives us free will, so if God is not coming down and interfering with your will then I won't either. Again I do want to make myself clear that I do not agree with the gay lifestyle, but at the same time being gay does not make a person less human. God loves everybody the same. He does not love our sin, but he does love us. The only person we have to answer to is God; we just need to make sure if we follow him then we need to follow him all the way. We plan to reach out to all the people in Pueblo, gay, straight, black, white, Latino, and anybody else. God is not a God of one race, but he is the God of all. We humans just need to learn to submit to his will and the provisions he has set forth. Thanks again Joss, you are always kind and I appreciate that.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:47 PM

Thank you! Who knows maybe we can work on some projects together that affects all of Pueblo including HIV. That is a problem here that because we are a smaller city makes it harder to talk about. And as you know it affects everyone, gay or str8.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado