Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 04:53 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,774,262 times

Advertisements

Both places are very nice, but given your criteria, Denver is more suitable. Colorado Springs is less liberal. You'll find your niche in the big city. Also Denver housing is cheaper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 12:17 AM

565 posts, read 1,847,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
.............. Also Denver housing is cheaper.
??????????????????????

Median home value Denver: $234,500 http://www.city-data.com/city/Denver-Colorado.html
Median home value Colorado Springs: $209,400 http://www.city-data.com/city/Colora...-Colorado.html

Old 04-11-2009, 12:13 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,519,025 times
The use of Liberal and Conservative is convenient for the media but not always helpful in describing people. I voted in the GOP primary .. for Ron Paul yet in November I voted for Obama and I still like both of them. I'm heavily anti-tax and am in favor of the death penalty and harsh sentences for criminals. On the other hand if gay people want to get married- who cares? let them? I opposed the Iraqi and Vietnam Wars.

What does any of that have to do with being a good neighbor?

A much more important consideration is that I hate doing my lawn and once bought some rabbits to help. Another is that my kids and I are quiet- I may have "liberal" tastes in music ie rock vs country but its probably a more important consideration that I don't blast whatever it is I'm listening to.

The country is too divided by politics. I would sooner vote for a Republican who says "Obama is a good president, but I'd like a chance to try my ideas" than those in the GOP who just seize on every possible sound bite to be critical.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:08 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,651,042 times
I like both cities. Colorado Springs has very low crime, people are very friendly, and my neighborhood has alot of stores and things of that nature so its very easy to do shopping. Denver is good because I really like big cities, and if I want to go to one all it takes is a 60 mile drive from where I live and you can get to Denver. The 16th street mall is pretty cool, and I like to take rides down Colfax.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:13 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,452,401 times
I like the city of Denver but the suburbs kind of bring it down a notch. Denver would be a much nicer city with less suburbs

Old 04-25-2009, 07:54 PM

137 posts, read 424,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Userdavey View Post
Forget about conservative and liberal. Think about this. Most all big dense cities are liberal. Most all small towns are conservative. So do you want a small town feel? If so, choose the Springs. It has that feel, except it is harder to get around than Denver.

There are a whopping 4 high rises in downtown CoSpgs. And they are not tall. The tallest one is 16 floors or about 230 feet.

Denver has 69. 25 of which are 360 feet or higher with the tallest being over 700 feet and 56 floors. Yeah, there's a lot going on in Downtown Denver. CoSpgs's downtown feels like you're in an old west mining town or something while Denver's feels like you are in a big time major city. Right now, there are 5 or 6 big skyscrapers being built in Denver. Nothing's going on in the Springs.

You can't compare the two cities. Pick Denver.

Old 04-25-2009, 11:56 PM

565 posts, read 1,847,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmuta View Post
I agree! What does number of skyscrapers have to do with being a better place? Many consider more skyscrapers as being a negative!

Old 04-29-2009, 10:21 AM

6,288 posts, read 11,774,262 times
The non suburb parts of Denver are cool, because Denver - the old, established parts - always had and does have a sort of "small big city" feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I like the city of Denver but the suburbs kind of bring it down a notch. Denver would be a much nicer city with less suburbs

Old 04-30-2009, 11:00 PM

53 posts, read 175,944 times
The Springs lacks a sense of place. Because of it's military heritage, it has a large population that is quite transient, and has little investment in the future of the area. The evangelical movement's choosing the area as it's new Mecca in the 80's did nothing to help foster that sense of community. They are highly polarizing and they LOVE their large suburban churches and endless suburbs.

Denver is more diverse, welcoming, has a great self image and and has invested greatly in the urban core.

The two couldn't be more different.

Old 09-27-2009, 05:51 PM

4 posts, read 17,888 times
I'm a conservative-leaning libertarian, and have spent the last several years living in very liberal Santa Monica/Venice, CA...........In summer of 2010, I will be moving to liberal Manitou Springs. I don't judge people based upon their politics; I judge them by who they are as a person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado