U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 12:00 PM

431 posts, read 2,500,244 times

Advertisements

Sorry I am no help on bass fishing. Bass are a warm water fish and I suppose there are some. I know that the Pueblo Res. has bass as I suppose other res.have. But how good I don't know. We are cool water fishermen for trout. Hubby likes fly fishing, he's the good fisherman. Me when I go camping with my horse etc. I love to stop at high creeks and bait fish. Love the small unstocked Brook trout, my favorite pan fish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2007, 12:38 PM
AJY

52 posts, read 215,333 times
Question You came back to Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpraceman View Post
We moved from San Diego. Actually, we are CO natives but the Navy took us out to San Diego and 16 yrs later we wandered back.
Well you came back so I assume you like it...??
If I could I have some more questions for you
We are looking at Castle Rock, what do you think about that area?

How long are your summers, from my research they seem pretty short followed by a long winter. Would that be correct?

Thanks!

Old 01-02-2007, 12:47 PM
AJY

Red face Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
Sorry I am no help on bass fishing. Bass are a warm water fish and I suppose there are some. I know that the Pueblo Res. has bass as I suppose other res.have. But how good I don't know. We are cool water fishermen for trout. Hubby likes fly fishing, he's the good fisherman. Me when I go camping with my horse etc. I love to stop at high creeks and bait fish. Love the small unstocked Brook trout, my favorite pan fish.
Thank you that helps a lot.

Old 01-02-2007, 12:54 PM

210 posts, read 1,242,722 times
Castle Rock is a nice town, although it's grown a lot in the past decade or so. Easy access to Denver via I-25 but far enough that Castle Rock has its own identity.

We do have four seasons here, although they sometimes overlap (I remember once when it snowed in June, and can remember many times when we've had 70+ degrees temperatures in the winter). Our winter is generally from November through March, when there is snow sometimes and temperatures are cold. April-May is spring, you can get snow during in both months (more in April) but temperatures warm up. May through mid-September is summer, when temps are hotter (in the 80s generally, but it can and does get over 90 and sometimes 100 during the summer) and afternoon thunderstorms are common. Then September-October/November is fall, the average first snow is October 17th (or somewhere around there). The length of summer is pretty comparable to any other place.

Old 01-02-2007, 01:04 PM

615 posts, read 2,721,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJY View Post
Well you came back so I assume you like it...??
If I could I have some more questions for you
San Diego was nice, but it never felt like "home". Add in the higher cost of everything plus piddly raises that didn't keep up with inflation and it just became unaffordable. The cost of living is much less here and most of our family is here as well. Schools are also far better here.

Quote:
We are looking at Castle Rock, what do you think about that area?
I like Castle Rock quite a bit. Parker too. We opted for Highlands Ranch due to it being close to most everything and has great amenities. CR is a bit more of a commute, but not bad if you will be working in the Denver Tech Center (DTC).

Quote:
How long are your summers, from my research they seem pretty short followed by a long winter. Would that be correct?
It may seem like we have a long winter, just because we can get snow in October and as late as May, but we also get some great fall and spring weather inbetween. Winters here do not mean you are snow bound. Generally, we get a few inches of snow (the mountains get most of it) then the sun comes out and it is gone in a couple of days. The holiday storms that we had recently happen every few years and are not the norm.

Old 01-02-2007, 01:08 PM
AJY

Great thank you gpraceman I really appreciate it. It's nice getting information from locals and not just the real estate agents selling you on it.

Old 01-02-2007, 01:10 PM

AJY,

Where are you coming from?

Old 01-02-2007, 01:16 PM
AJY

Question Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinajaCo View Post
Castle Rock is a nice town, although it's grown a lot in the past decade or so. Easy access to Denver via I-25 but far enough that Castle Rock has its own identity.

We do have four seasons here, although they sometimes overlap (I remember once when it snowed in June, and can remember many times when we've had 70+ degrees temperatures in the winter). Our winter is generally from November through March, when there is snow sometimes and temperatures are cold. April-May is spring, you can get snow during in both months (more in April) but temperatures warm up. May through mid-September is summer, when temps are hotter (in the 80s generally, but it can and does get over 90 and sometimes 100 during the summer) and afternoon thunderstorms are common. Then September-October/November is fall, the average first snow is October 17th (or somewhere around there). The length of summer is pretty comparable to any other place.
Wow thanks for all that info. it really helps. How long do the thunderstorms usually last?
We just moved from CA in June to Northern Idaho and really don't like it so we are really making sure where we go next is a great spot for us.
So please excuse my picky questions.

Old 01-02-2007, 01:19 PM

210 posts, read 1,242,722 times
Usually they come in in the late afternoon (3-4 PM) and don't last for more than an hour. Sometimes there will be rain, but usually not a lot. And the storms often clear out fairly quickly, and rarely last longer than half an hour to an hour.

Old 01-02-2007, 01:22 PM

Quote:
How long do the thunderstorms usually last?
They usually come in the afternoons, but not every afternoon. They can last a couple of hours or a bit longer. We do get hail on occasion (a good reason to use the garage for cars, not junk) and high winds. Tornadoes can happen but are pretty rare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado