Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 10:35 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,921,996 times

Advertisements

I_LUVNM-
I reread my original posts and there is no where I am even insinuating that you're lying. I just said my experience was different from yours.
Quote:
He clearly makes a point that somehow we are all wrong. How can you go 20 years and never see a police chase in LA?
So you are saying I am lying? I've only seen 'em on TV. You can't believe that? If I saw one I would've told you.
Quote:
No, it wasnt that at all. It was him insinuating everyone on here saying anything bad about California are liars. That is what I am stating. He makes out that LA is some safe area and it isnt. I dont know about the rest of CA, I know it is incredibly expensive.
I've stated my reasons for leaving CA, and they aren't good ones. I agree with most posters who have lived there a while and saw the decline of certain areas. You admit not knowing about the rest of CA, yet still have an negative opinion of the whole state.
Quote:
She was scared of rapists, weird transients who would just be about everywhere including the bushes and had trouble with trash being dumped around her place. Men looking for and having sex out in the streets.
After I read this, I guess I too would be scared of anyone who has got criminal intent. But if you and your sister were never victims how would you know if a person was intending or not to commit a crime?
Quote:
I didnt exaggerate anything. Just telling my experience, but that is why so many Coloradoans dont like Californians, like your judgemental attitude that only you are right and everybody else is wrong. I try to have an open mind. I dont go around calling people liars like you suggest when you dont agree with them.
What was your experience? You or your sister were never a victim of any crime. You had a van drive by slowly, and scared you. I was only telling my experience, which you can't accept because it doesn't fit your idea of CA. Maybe that's because of your open mind.
Quote:
People often found murdered and dumped around the city like trash. The only liveable areas are were the super rich live but I wouldnt feel safe there either.
You should'nt feel safe in CO either. FBI stats rank Denver equal to LA in violent crimes and worse in property crimes.
Quote:
I am sure San Diego is much safer, I dont know, I dont know San Diego. It sounds like you lived in a secure bubble aka Mr "vrs pilot", pilots make lots of money so you probably lived in a nice area and that is fine
This one kills me, especially for someone with an open mind. You make a judgement about San Diego, then say 'I don't know'. Then you make a judgment about pilots being rich(with money) and then discount any opinions from anyone who you think has money.
You accused me of calling people liars (maybe that guy who said EVERYTHING in CA costs 30-50% more) and being judgemental, yet you're the only one accusing and judging. The worst thing you've accused me of is being a Califorian. I was not born in CA, and have lived in HI,AZ,TX,CA, and CO. I did add up my time in CA, using all fingers and toes, and it only came up to 29 years. So if I am Californian, so is your sister.
You should really have an open mind about this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2007, 05:04 AM

476 posts, read 2,318,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrpilot View Post
I_LUVNM-
I reread my original posts and there is no where I am even insinuating that you're lying. I just said my experience was different from yours.

So you are saying I am lying? I've only seen 'em on TV. You can't believe that? If I saw one I would've told you.

I've stated my reasons for leaving CA, and they aren't good ones. I agree with most posters who have lived there a while and saw the decline of certain areas. You admit not knowing about the rest of CA, yet still have an negative opinion of the whole state.

After I read this, I guess I too would be scared of anyone who has got criminal intent. But if you and your sister were never victims how would you know if a person was intending or not to commit a crime?

What was your experience? You or your sister were never a victim of any crime. You had a van drive by slowly, and scared you. I was only telling my experience, which you can't accept because it doesn't fit your idea of CA. Maybe that's because of your open mind.

You should'nt feel safe in CO either. FBI stats rank Denver equal to LA in violent crimes and worse in property crimes.

This one kills me, especially for someone with an open mind. You make a judgement about San Diego, then say 'I don't know'. Then you make a judgment about pilots being rich(with money) and then discount any opinions from anyone who you think has money.
You accused me of calling people liars (maybe that guy who said EVERYTHING in CA costs 30-50% more) and being judgemental, yet you're the only one accusing and judging. The worst thing you've accused me of is being a Califorian. I was not born in CA, and have lived in HI,AZ,TX,CA, and CO. I did add up my time in CA, using all fingers and toes, and it only came up to 29 years. So if I am Californian, so is your sister.
You should really have an open mind about this.
Vrspilot, I am sorry if I said anything to offend you. I just felt your post made its sound like the posters are wrong about LA being dangerous and you were on the opposite scale saying how great it is. I just didnt get that impression that LA was that great a place to live. My sister lived there for 7 years so she has a greater perception on LA and she hates it too. The gangs, the graffiti, the crime, etc. I just dont like LA and felt put down by your post but I am sorry, I apologize. I really did though just give my view on LA and I believe you did too. I guess one has to just visit LA themselves and make up their own mind. Have a great day!

Old 04-06-2007, 06:51 AM

1,225 posts, read 4,921,996 times
Apology accepted. Whenever some brings in the term 'open-minded' or 'free-thinker' I get going. I guess that was obvious. Kinda like calling Marty McFly(Back to the Future) chicken. Anyways, like most males, I'll see something shiny and forget all about this.
You really should visit San Diego. It has it's issues, but it's a very beautiful place. Not like LA at all.
Bye

Old 04-06-2007, 10:08 AM

5,747 posts, read 12,052,379 times
Quote:
Anyways, like most males, I'll see something shiny and forget all about this.
Typical guy!

Old 04-06-2007, 11:08 AM

106 posts, read 431,792 times
Quote:
The number are a bit... odd. I took the 06 (Preliminary) numbers and ran them myself to come up with a little chart. Now these are taking the 05 population against the 06 crime numbers. I have a feeling that both the numbers are not the current population so it will affect it.

Now, when I do the whole state... While Colorado has 10% of the population of Ca, actually the percent of people that are affected by crime is actually higher. WOW. I have to admit, I am surprised. But again these are with 05 Populations, no 06 so I don't know how much that would change these numbers.

I have attached screen shots of the spreadsheet. You can get all the raw data for yourself here: http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/ucr.htm
Attached Thumbnails
From California To Colorado. Why???-crime_rate-ca-vs-co.jpg   From California To Colorado. Why???-crime_rate-denver-vs-la.jpg  

Old 04-06-2007, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Apology accepted. Whenever some brings in the term 'open-minded' or 'free-thinker' I get going. I guess that was obvious. Kinda like calling Marty McFly(Back to the Future) chicken. Anyways, like most males, I'll see something shiny and forget all about this.
You really should visit San Diego. It has it's issues, but it's a very beautiful place. Not like LA at all.
Bye
I will visit San Diego someday. I have a friend in Venice Beach I have been wanting to see, so when I go, I want to drop down there and see San Diego too and the zoo I have heard so much about. Take care.

Old 04-08-2007, 07:15 PM

42 posts, read 414,898 times
Default San Diego

San Diego is beautiful! Carlsbad a dream! We'd love to live there but could never afford it. Buying there is costly--unless you've had a home for some time in the family--but moving there fresh is expensive. We live in No. Cal and while our home here is high price also ($500,+), it's nothing like San Diego.

We too are flirting with the idea of leaving CA. Too many people, the pace is so fast, the prices high (I'm a SAHM), traffic getting tough even in the nicer areas. My children are fortunate to be in fabulous schools, but the pressure are high and even the young ones seem to feel it. In CA you there is pressure to be smart and beautiful! Too many people! Oh yeah and as far as the ocean goes, it's cold ocean other than maybe LA to the border. It's not bathing suit weather. It's hoodie and jeans. Lovely in some places, but you have to pick wisely and getting there can be tricky. We do have lots of immigrants. My husband works in schools and one of the schools he worked at five years ago had 42 languages.

Yes, there are nice people here just like there are the unpleasant.

Good discussion here.

Old 04-08-2007, 11:15 PM

3 posts, read 13,496 times
Red face Why La People Are Moving To Colorado

Actually Los Angeles Is Getting Crowded And Crime Is Going Up, I Have Been Living Here For 25 Years An Things Are Getting Worst, I Was In Denver Colorado For 2 Weeks Last December, I Visited A Lot Places But I Had Some Bad Experiences Some People That I Asked Fo R Directions Were Very Rude, But Still I Want To Buy A House In Arvada, I Need To Live In Peace And I Believe Colorado Is The Right Place.

Old 04-08-2007, 11:57 PM

261 posts, read 1,350,924 times
Red face Look at the attachment

I don't know who posted the attachment, but it's hard to argue numbers and statistics in my mind. According to those stats, CO has a higher overall crime rate than CA. Denver has a higher overall crime rate than LA. This is depressing to me. I view CO as a much safer place than CA. I'm from CA, by the way. I have to think about this for a bit. For my own conscious, I'd like to see the stats between Sacramento and Ft. Collins. Obviously Sac is 10X the size for FTC, but still...

Old 04-09-2007, 05:21 AM

Well I dont know much about Denver, but I know most of Colorado is a safe place to live. You see people, women and men out everywhere hiking, biking, riding bikes with their families and so forth. Do these statistics factor in the suburbs? I know there are some real rough cities around LA i.e. Compton, as opposed to Denver, the suburbs are pretty safe areas with some exceptions, I have heard Aurora has quite a bit of crime but I personally dont know. Colorado is a great place to live. I would not want to be out riding a bike out in LA. Too dangerous and I am talking about the drivers as well as the gangs.

Sorry about people being rude to you LA man in Denver. Most people in Colorado are nice people, again I dont know Denver so cant say there. I know some people - business acquaintances in Colorado Springs and they are very nice and natives there. Also in Durango, the people are very nice to me. Grand Junction, same thing, people nice to me. Cortez, Bayfield, Pagosa same thing too, nice people. So you might check out all the cities in Colorado and get a feel for the people. About San Diego, I have heard many people say it is beautiful and I am sure it is, but being so close to the border to Mexico, does it suffer from the crime and drugs coming from the border or is it immune to it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado