U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-27-2007, 12:29 PM
tao
 
Location: Colorado
720 posts, read 2,920,402 times
Reputation: 933

Advertisements

Good luck, Yorkie_Mom! Have a safe trip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-27-2007, 05:38 PM
 
Location: Colorado
1,394 posts, read 3,882,606 times
Reputation: 922
Thanks everyone, we will make sure we drive safe, and we will see you out there tomorrow afternoon sometime. Yorkie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2007, 06:34 PM
 
Location: Colorado
1,394 posts, read 3,882,606 times
Reputation: 922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie_Mom View Post
Thanks everyone, we will make sure we drive safe, and we will see you out there tomorrow afternoon sometime. Yorkie
I forgot to add, with the traffic, I hope it is not as bad by the later part of the day. I just hope I don't get any tickets for trying to hurry to much, I guess I better set the cruise control to make sure of that.
Does anyone know of any construction going on between southern Minnesota to Cañon City??? Just thought maybe someone has went far enough north and east. See you out there!!!!!! Yorkie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2007, 01:34 AM
 
Location: Colorado
1,394 posts, read 3,882,606 times
Reputation: 922
I just wanted to let a couple of you know who gave me your phone numbers, I don't have the time to look them up on here, but if some of you want to get together while I am out there and do lunch or supper, you can give me a call.
To get my number you can pm Sunny the Mod from Florida, she has my cell number, you can give her this post to read telling her it is ok for you to have it, or if you want to leave your number for her to pass on to me, I guess what ever works better for you.
The other thing being, look for my dark blue PT Crusier with the Minnesota Dave Sevyerson dealer where my lic plate is supose to go, we will be staying at one of the motels there, I don't know what one yet. I am hoping for good weather on my way out, so I guess it is time to get dressed, get the rest loaded and we are on our way. I am coming home!!!! Yorkie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2007, 09:20 PM
 
Location: Colorado
431 posts, read 2,505,422 times
Reputation: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie_Mom View Post
I just wanted to let a couple of you know who gave me your phone numbers, I don't have the time to look them up on here, but if some of you want to get together while I am out there and do lunch or supper, you can give me a call.
To get my number you can pm Sunny the Mod from Florida, she has my cell number, you can give her this post to read telling her it is ok for you to have it, or if you want to leave your number for her to pass on to me, I guess what ever works better for you.
The other thing being, look for my dark blue PT Crusier with the Minnesota Dave Sevyerson dealer where my lic plate is supose to go, we will be staying at one of the motels there, I don't know what one yet. I am hoping for good weather on my way out, so I guess it is time to get dressed, get the rest loaded and we are on our way. I am coming home!!!! Yorkie
Anyone know how I go about finding or pm Sunny the Mod from Florida? I don't know how or where to find this person. Help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2007, 08:54 AM
 
Location: Colorado
431 posts, read 2,505,422 times
Reputation: 212
YokiesMom has made it to Canon City. Looking at houses since Mon. I think. She has seen a couple she and her daughter liked but hubby didn't. She is getting frustrated. But otherwise is fine. We have been cold and rainy, that is what she wants to escape. A unusual spring. After the drought I thought I would never say this. But ENOUGH ALREADY! We need some dry warm weather. Hay has been ready to cut for a week but no one dares.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2007, 02:18 PM
 
5 posts, read 10,544 times
Reputation: 12
Hi! We are in Guffey about a 1/2 hour, from Canyon CIty...I am an eager transplant from the 'dreaded califormia'...and I have to tell you, Colorado overall, is BEAUTIFUL. Its cleaner, safer, and saner then most other areas i have visited, and the people are real nice overall. I mean, this is NOT stepford wives, but I really like how down to earth and normal your neighbors are here, and eveyone helps each other when its needed. I grew up on a ranch, and the same concept applies here as it did living on the ranch, we all just automatically help if we can.
I really think you will like it here, and you do relax and come doen off the stress of living in a faster paced envirmonment. Personally, I like the area the WAY IT IS. Please do NOT become another urban sprawl
I have 5 children, I definetly beleive the nay-sayer from earlier is a teen or early 20's person with that common age angst. I hope you and yours settle in and enjoy making new friends....I know I can't wait!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2007, 06:25 PM
 
Location: Colorado
431 posts, read 2,505,422 times
Reputation: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleyrez View Post
Hi! We are in Guffey about a 1/2 hour, from Canyon CIty...I am an eager transplant from the 'dreaded califormia'...and I have to tell you, Colorado overall, is BEAUTIFUL. Its cleaner, safer, and saner then most other areas i have visited, and the people are real nice overall. I mean, this is NOT stepford wives, but I really like how down to earth and normal your neighbors are here, and eveyone helps each other when its needed. I grew up on a ranch, and the same concept applies here as it did living on the ranch, we all just automatically help if we can.
I really think you will like it here, and you do relax and come doen off the stress of living in a faster paced envirmonment. Personally, I like the area the WAY IT IS. Please do NOT become another urban sprawl
I have 5 children, I definetly beleive the nay-sayer from earlier is a teen or early 20's person with that common age angst. I hope you and yours settle in and enjoy making new friends....I know I can't wait!
Glad you like it. We just drove thro Guffey today. Still has stayed the same as it should. We always go to the Chili Cook off in Howard. All monies go to the Volunteer Fire Dept. It is a beautiful time of yr to go and the chili is not too bad either, sometimes get a real good one. But for a good cause. We decided to come home the long way via Johnson Village then hiway 9, detour thro Guffey and home. By the way it is Canon City not Canyon City. Tech. there is a ~ over the N Spanish spelling. We Canon area people are touchy about that. We also are not Cannon City.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2007, 10:48 PM
 
214 posts, read 1,175,558 times
Reputation: 128
So what happened to this whole story??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2007, 08:27 AM
 
Location: Colorado
431 posts, read 2,505,422 times
Reputation: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd TCE View Post
So what happened to this whole story??
I have not heard from YorkieMom since they were here in Canon City. I have tried calling via cell phone that we communicated on and have left a message asking how the trip home was. Nothing. Either they decided we were horrorible people or something worse has happen. I have been concerned. We really only were with them about 30 mins.They were very busy house hunting. The last day, they were to go with us just bumming but they had left. At that time I did speak to her and she said, plans got changed. That's the story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top