U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 08:45 PM

1 posts, read 3,674 times

Advertisements

Moving on a temporary basis to the North East part of Colorado for work. My work is out in Peetz, Colorado but am looking at Sterling or maybe even Fort Morgan. What are your thoughts on the commute and chances of finding a nice apartment that is fully furnished or do I need to look more at Greeley? Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited by ataris7; 04-05-2007 at 08:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2007, 07:03 AM

10,870 posts, read 41,150,426 times
I'd be looking at Sidney, Nebraska for an apartment. Closer than Sterling, which would be the second choice for temporary housing.

Greeley is a long way distant, as is Fort Morgan/Brush area.

Old 04-08-2007, 08:23 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
20,794 posts, read 37,464,612 times
I'd try to exhaust my resources in Peetz. Is this a temporary assignment?

I'd be inquiring of the locals to find a room or basement to rent. We met some really friendly folks from Peetz at a church conference. so... (if you are not a 'vilan / axe murderer ...'). I'd get some local info and post your request, (churches, store, elevator, service station) as people are not likely to be posting 'rooms for rent in Peetz'.

I told the folks I met that I would cruise though Peetz about 10-11 PM every Saturday night delivering the Denver Post to Rapid City in my Detroit Diesel powered Studebaker.... (when I wasn't running north on I-25 to Buffalo). One guy said, as a kid he would lay in bed and listen to the screaming engine coming up the hill from Iliff, then disappearing into the distance towards Sydney. These 'legendary' trucks gave great illustrations of the 'doppler effect' out on the prairie. Mine (#13) had 3 million miles. (second engine, the first one finally warped the block). As a kid, I used to lay in bed and listen for the 'detroit powered' mailtruck to make its trip across the prairie. (a finer thing in life... now I'm deaf... from driving them !, plus no more insomnia ).

Definately try Sidney, NE, rather than Sterling, CO as I think rate and availability would be better there. (and it is a much quicker commute... downhill (at least it is SOUTH on the map ))

Last edited by StealthRabbit; 04-08-2007 at 08:39 PM..

Old 05-08-2007, 02:22 PM

3 posts, read 19,020 times
Unhappy hi

what do u think is better to live in Sidney or sterling..any other option ..

Old 07-18-2009, 11:17 AM

2 posts, read 5,833 times
Default Need a place to stay

Hello,

I'm going to be moving to Colorado for about a month to work on windmills in Peetz, CO and am looking for either a cheap hotel, room or apartment to rent during that time. I'm a 21 year old male and don't have a whole lot of spare cash at the moment and looking for temporary housing while I am in town for work. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

Luke

Old 07-18-2009, 11:34 AM

20,308 posts, read 37,797,930 times
Group: Peetz, CO is in the far northeast corner of CO, near the state line with NE. It's about 25 miles north of Sterling, CO / I-76 or 20 miles south of Sidney, NE / I-80.

Best of luck to Luke, hope he enjoys his time in Colorado.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:00 PM

5,115 posts, read 10,033,334 times
Have you thought of looking into house-sitting, or staying with someone, such as an elderly person, that needs a little help in exchange for room and board?

forum rules, please read them

Old 07-18-2009, 01:36 PM

3,460 posts, read 4,791,423 times
You might want to look in Sidney, NE. It's a little bigger town and not too far of a drive.

Old 07-18-2009, 04:50 PM

2 posts, read 5,833 times
Ya I looked into Sidney, NE but couldn't find anything. Only places I have found so far are unfurnished apartments, which I'm not bringing anything with me since I will only be there for a month, and hotels but the cheapest nightly rate I could find is $99 which is way too expensive. Thank you for the advice so far though it is very helpful. Also, as far as staying with an elderly person that needs help, I don't believe that would work for me as we start work at 5am and work 16 hour days. I would be more than happy to rent a room from someone though. Any further information anyone can provide is greatly appreciated. If anyone knows a friend or anyone that is renting a room near Peetz, CO and willing to let a 21 year old guy from California stay there while I'm in town for work please let me know.

Thank you,

Luke

Old 07-19-2009, 03:58 PM

48 posts, read 130,898 times
Have you been to Peetz yet? There are maybe a few hundred people that live there. What about Sterling?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or