Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 10:26 AM

147 posts, read 627,225 times

Advertisements

jchasse -

It sounds like you will enjoy Durango. It does offer a lot of amenities for a town its size. As a cyclist, you would probably enjoy riding (next year) the Iron Horse Classic which is happening this weekend. Iron Horse Bicycle Classic § Home My husband is also a cyclist, but due to an injury isn’t riding this year. We’re headed over anyway to watch the events this afternoon - hopefully the rain will stop for awhile..... Best wishes on your move and the new baby!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 11:13 AM

144 posts, read 494,128 times
Default Instead of leaving it at that...

Maybe you could elaborate. I would certainly appreciate it.
I am seriously considering Loveland/FC area since my wife has family there when I retire in 3 years. I will have an income in the mid 60k's (gross) and have the ability to do solar installations. My twins will be 8 years old at the time and my wife is a California certificated Spanish teacher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
I don't have kids, but if I did, I wouldn't live in Durango. There are better places, and I will leave it at that.

By the way, I put virtually no stock in some magazine that publishes "rankings" or a "study"--usually made by some young yuppie wannabe journalist/tourist who spends two days in a town and writes about how great it is. Magazines like "Money", "Outside", etc. are just full of that fluff and bull****.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado