U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 04:00 PM

1,267 posts, read 2,987,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
I had nothing to do with the mall, except watching it get built. lol I design custom homes in the northern areas of Colorado. My father owns a home that is in the same area as the mall. And back in 1976 the builder that built his home was sued by the homeowners and went out of business due to the wrong foundation types being used in the soils that are there.
i wonder if the builder sent his money to switzerland before the law suit, filed for bankruptcy protection, and retired to barbados.

people. sneaky sometimes. maybe especially with a little help from their friends...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2008, 04:15 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,254,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello-world View Post
i wonder if the builder sent his money to switzerland before the law suit, filed for bankruptcy protection, and retired to barbados.

people. sneaky sometimes. maybe especially with a little help from their friends...
im not sure what the outcome ended up being. this happened way back in 1976

Old 05-18-2009, 11:14 AM

3 posts, read 5,218 times
Unhappy Stay Away from Lennar

The Lennar home we bought in CA is already showling signs of 10 years wear and it is 19 months old. The Stucco job is so bad on all the homes in ouur community that they are permanently stained and the stucco is pulling away from anything with a right angle. The lovely looking chrome faucets are actually plastic...don't hold the tub faucet for stability. The central air is a joke, your bake upstairs and freeze downstairs and we suffer 100+ degree weather 4 months out of the year. The backyards are the size of a postage stamp and the homes are built so close you can see the dust on your neighbors furniture. Don't buy from them...............

Old 05-15-2017, 03:31 PM

1 posts, read 190 times
We have lived in our Lennar home in Aurora for a year now . I have heard of worse builders and awful stories . We have had some problems but nothing huge. My advise, when you move in and do your walk through, have them fix it immediately and they will. If you see that your trees, shrubs, landscape is dying after planted, make sure you let them know within 3 months. They say the landscape warranty is a year...NOPE! Our neighborhood had a lot of bad trees planted ( halfway dead) we all waited to see if they would get better this spring and a quarter of our neighborhood trees are dead. Lennar REFUSES to replace anybody's trees and said the warranty was only 3 months. If your trees don't look like they are in good shape make sure you take care of it immediately and any other problems as soon as you move in. Our biggest problem was the dead trees, a sump pump that needed to be replaced and they forgot to put two heater vents in our office when it was build, we only have one so our office gets real cold ( they still have not come to put the second vent in that is in the blue print). It has not been an awful experience, better than other horror stories about other builders . Just have your issues fixed as fast as you can after you move in and watch your landscape , shrubs, trees, they will ********* over on that part .

Old 05-16-2017, 12:50 PM

349 posts, read 220,944 times
It can be hit or miss with many builders. I would suggest having an independent inspector come out and do a full inspection and if there are any large cracks or the home's foundation looks like it has settled I might also think about having a structural engineer come out and take a look.

Do your due diligence before closing and it will put your mind at ease. Most builders also give a 1-year warranty that covers a lot of things, have an inspector come back out before that 1-year mark and have the builders fix anything iffy that comes up in the inspection report that is covered under the warranty.

Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or