U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 06:20 PM

101 posts, read 413,716 times

Advertisements

How much are you looking to spend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2007, 09:05 PM

115 posts, read 270,514 times
Default How do you like it?

Sounds like a great place to live - but I know nothing about it - my only comparison is Boulder area as far as Colorado goes. I have been to Colorado Springs, Estes Park, Glenwood Springs, Gunnison, Aspen, Winter Park, etc.

Old 04-15-2007, 10:20 PM

476 posts, read 2,088,338 times
To me, Durango reminds me of a little Boulder. It is in the mountains and liberal like Boulder. Biking, hiking, lakes - so boating, fishing too. Lot of nature type people in Durango, you know into recycling, like the city just announced buying 100 percent renewable energy, etc. Nice city, may not be for a real conservative type of person. You still see vote Kerry-Edwards on bumpers. Artists and musicians live there and so do dancers. A music and art city. I heard a poem that pretty much sums up Durango , "a city of rich hippies and more, people who love nature and outdoors, paradise and dog lovers galore" how true that is!

Old 04-17-2007, 08:13 AM

28 posts, read 78,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazed-Coug View Post
How much are you looking to spend
well i am looking for a nice place. not a dump. so i am willing to spend between anywhere from $800 to $1250 a month on rent. i am looking at places around $1000 a month for the most part, but am willing to pay a little more if i like it

Still no word from anyone. I may put an ad in the Durango Herald. It seems like a good idea, since no one will get back to me.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:45 PM

56 posts, read 200,832 times
durango herald has tons of places for rent, furnished & unfurnished. you shouldnt have trouble finding something

Old 04-20-2007, 10:00 AM

157 posts, read 577,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BodenTA View Post
well i am looking for a nice place. not a dump. so i am willing to spend between anywhere from $800 to $1250 a month on rent. i am looking at places around $1000 a month for the most part, but am willing to pay a little more if i like it

Still no word from anyone. I may put an ad in the Durango Herald. It seems like a good idea, since no one will get back to me.

Thanks for the advice everyone.
Hey Boden ~ any luck yet?

If no, you might try placing an ad on craigslist.org (rentals wanted) - may work as well as the local paper and its free. Also, go to the health food stores Nature's Oasis (on Camino Del Rio just south of the fire station) and Durango Natural Foods (corner of College and e. 8th av) as well as both City Markets and check their posting boards at the front of the stores - there are always some rentals posted there. Definately ask around at the health food stores, too.

Also, call the rental management companies and let them know what you are looking for - Phyllis at Action property Management seems really helpful (others probably are, too). If they know your situation, maybe they can tell you what is "about to become available", or let you know if they get something new.

So, other than the housing, what do you think of Durango so far? We're glad you made it.

Last edited by dgoboy204; 04-20-2007 at 10:08 AM.. Reason: more info.

Old 04-21-2007, 07:17 AM

108 posts, read 337,711 times
Your price range will get you a well worn apartment or a mobile.
Better double it plus utilities for something nice.

Old 04-22-2007, 01:10 PM

101 posts, read 413,716 times
syncro thats not true
for 1100, I was in half a duplex 2br 2.5bath with 1 car gar.
duplex with only shared wall being the garage.
(of course now not living in durango, not even close to durango, I'm renting an entire house 3br/2ba/big driveway for 1/2 of what I was paying in durango)

You can get one of the new places behind homedepot from 1100-1400

you can get one a 1 e 6th for about 1000 a mo. over looking stink park.

Old 04-22-2007, 06:21 PM

108 posts, read 337,711 times
I guess it all depends upon what you call "nice".

Old 04-30-2007, 08:34 AM

28 posts, read 78,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoboy204 View Post
Hey Boden ~ any luck yet?

If no, you might try placing an ad on craigslist.org (rentals wanted) - may work as well as the local paper and its free. Also, go to the health food stores Nature's Oasis (on Camino Del Rio just south of the fire station) and Durango Natural Foods (corner of College and e. 8th av) as well as both City Markets and check their posting boards at the front of the stores - there are always some rentals posted there. Definately ask around at the health food stores, too.

Also, call the rental management companies and let them know what you are looking for - Phyllis at Action property Management seems really helpful (others probably are, too). If they know your situation, maybe they can tell you what is "about to become available", or let you know if they get something new.

So, other than the housing, what do you think of Durango so far? We're glad you made it.

Sorry I haven't been updating everyone. So as luck may have it, I finally recieved a call back from someone i had emailed on craigslist about a 1-bedroom apartment for rent on Florida road, up on timberline drive. I went and checked it out and I knew i wanted it the second i saw it. It has the best view: it overlooks durango and can see straight across the valley and see the La Plata Mountain range (i think...) It's perfect and the apartment is very clean and very nice.

I pay under $1000 a month and I couldn't be happier.

i guess the two week wait was worth it.

thanks for you all your help everyone. i appreciate it so much.

oh and so far i am loving Durango. i am still settling into my apartment and i have been working a lot so i haven't had time to really go exploring. i headed up north this past weekend to Ouray to take some pictures. Absolutely stunning. I love the drive. I ate at Goldbelts Bar and Grill outside on the patio. It couldn't have been a nicer day.

I love Steamworks Brewing Company. I've been to the restaurant twice now. The second time i went, we had the "Cajun Boil", i think that's what it's called. i am definitely going back there to have it again and again and again...

so yeah, so far i am loving Durango, big surprise huh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or