U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 12:00 PM

14 posts, read 51,352 times

Advertisements

Glad it worked out for you.

In my limited experience, apartment hunting simply requires patience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2007, 01:19 AM

476 posts, read 2,091,088 times
Hey Boden, glad you love Durango like I do. I know the area where you live and you do have some awesome views, lucky dog! Yes, Steamworks is a great place. It is also a happening spot so a good place to meet people. Yes Ouray is spectacular! I love that place too. Next time check out their hot springs. Also check out the ones in Durango - Trimble Hot Springs, they really soothe away sore muscles after a hard workout.

Old 05-02-2007, 11:18 AM

39 posts, read 110,229 times
Welcome to Durango.

The closest thing to Dunkin Donuts is Doughworks on the northside of town across from the high school.
There is a great bread bakery right down the road from you, it is called Bread.
Best places for pizza are Homeslice and JBos.
Sorry, no good chowder or clam huts but the Red Snapper is good if your in the mood for seafood. If you are really desperate there is a Red Lobster in farmington.
East by Southwest is good for sushi.

You will love the weather here, plenty of sun all winter, not very hot in the summer and almost no bugs.

I grew up in Mass and lived in NH,NY,NJ,PA,AZ and this is the best.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:57 AM

That is a great idea for anyone wanting to put something in Durango, seafood would be it. Bayfield has Long John Silvers and Junebugs Catfish House which is good. My Durango pals told me alot of Yankees are moving to Durango so some chowder and clam huts and places like that would do well. Also the many tourists coming every summer would add to that. Chicago and NY type delis do good. There are already some of those here.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:24 AM

101 posts, read 414,348 times
Yes a good seafood place would be great in Durango. Of course I'm spoiled with seafood eating experiences coming from the Virgin Islands, Mexico, and New England.

The Red Snapper is underwhelming at best. Its on Par with Red Lobster for quality. Overpriced and underquality.

As for NY Deli's there are NONE that would meet the quality of a true NY Deli. That being said there is a new place on hwy 3 where Nortons used to be (actually I think the nortons still owns it).

East by Southwest Sushi is by far one of my fav resturants in Durango. Fresh Seafood brought in daily, excellent atmosphere, go for happy hour save yourself some $$. Have a Mojito for me...

A good experience that should be coming up soon is the "taste of Durango" where you walk mainstreet(closed off) and you eat/sample food and drink of all the local diggs.

Be aware that seasonal tourism means seasonal food servers.. we find that in the winter months the service quality drops off.

Old 05-04-2007, 03:28 AM

Thanks for telling me about taste of Durango - sounds great. I hope to go. I know the Cinco De Mayo (May 5th) festival in Durango is always a big thing. Spanish dancers, music, food. Pretty nice.

I think the deli on Highway 3 is Barts Deli. I like it pretty well. I also like the Natures Oasis deli which is somewhat higher but I know all their food is organic and good. Just a great place to shop if you can afford it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or