U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 11:16 PM

1,331 posts, read 4,413,601 times

Advertisements

AMAZING POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EXACLTLY why I feel so stupid but, at the same time>>LOVEIT!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 09:17 AM

24 posts, read 52,953 times
had the same thing happen to my mom in Ouray, she had heart problems. She started having problems breathing and we had to leave. She lived in MOntrose. I love Ouray, have family there.

Old 01-18-2009, 02:33 PM

125 posts, read 390,909 times
Default New Mexico for rock climbing

You might take a look at New Mexico. I'm a NM native although I don't know much about the rock climbing. I do know places like Santa Fe, Albq., Socorro, and Los Alamos have rock climbing interest groups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketheilman View Post
What I would like to find inland, is a place with moderate weather (on the warmer side) with climbing and rappelling out my back door. Do you know of any places like that, or am I going to have to move out of the country. My daughter deserves a nice natural playground to grow up in and to respect and love. So, please, if there is a place that I could call "My Utopia", I would appreciate any and all help in that aspect.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:28 PM

1 posts, read 4,136 times
Exclamation Moving from a big City to Grand Junction, CO

[FONT=Verdana]I am currently living in Houston, TX and have lived here all my life. The city is huge and it stays hot.... My husband is now working in GJ and the surrounding cities and was offered a 1 to 2 year contract. We decided to move out there. I went out there for a week and did enjoy it. I was now wondering about the schools in the area. We are moving to some condo by Mesa Mall and I am not sure how the schools are in that area. Any other helpful information about the city will be helpful. Also is there any clubs for children or sports in the area that I can contact. Can anyone please help me..... [/FONT]

Old 08-30-2010, 02:03 AM

1 posts, read 3,602 times
Default Would not suggest

If you are planning on moving to grand jct you might want to think twice. Between the high cost of living and the extreme heat in the summer and the never ending desert cold in the winter I give it a -10 on a scale of 1-10. You may be able to find a job here but when the average house cost 240k and the average job pays 11 dollars an hour you do the math. The people here are mostly oil field hands or people who have never left the city limits and think this is all there is in life and im not joking. The home prices have came down some but I bought my house back in 07 and have ben trying to sell it ever since im about 50k in the hole. I work in the oilfield so I am gone alot which keeps me sane. But the people here are on a high horse about this meth infested white trash town in the middle of the desert and I do mean in the desert you damn near live in utah, as soon as my house sales I will try to never come back to this part of the state again. But dont take my word for it come visit this great city and make your own opinion.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:37 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,249,167 times
Jhan, Again, another untrue post about GJ. Gj doesn`t have extreme heat in the summer... that`s in an exaggeration. Apparently you`ve never lived in a place with extreme heat.The majority of people who live in Gj do not work in the oil fields. That`s another exaggeration. There many different spectrums of jobs in GJ.

For the middle class and under, most places in the US don`t match the cost of living. It`s all relative. To say that GJ is "meth infested" is another exaggeration. Drugs are everywhere. Can you name a place were they don`t exsisit?

Old 08-30-2010, 12:42 PM

7,754 posts, read 16,447,829 times
The only comment in jhansens post that I agree with, are the words.....dont take my word for it come visit this great city and make your own opinion.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:49 PM

214 posts, read 1,173,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen860 View Post
as soon as my house sales I will try to never come back to this part of the state again. But dont take my word for it come visit this great city and make your own opinion.

What are you "saling" and maybe we can talk. I was there again recently and have nothing but good things to say about the people, the town, the area, the everything. Been living in Phoenix for 21yrs and looking to move on....(from CA,CO, and MI) and find GJ ideal for what I would consider very nice living.

Looking for 1300sq ft in Chandler AZ? Easy walk to the Chandler regional mall where they'll have everything you could want and more...

Old 12-08-2010, 02:08 PM

2 posts, read 6,844 times
Ya grand junction is a good place to live, there is a lot of things going on and it is still growing. New movie theaters just got built about 6 months ago, schools have to keep being built because of so many students moving in.
In colorado however the weather is random. One day it can be snowing and the next it could be a hot sunny day. It can get really hot in the summers, and very cold in the Winter, so make sure u warm up your car or cool it down before u drive somewhere. It is one of the biggest Cities in the western slope of colorado but when your here you run into a lot of ppl you know so it has that hometown feeling.
I've never myself lived "in" Grand Junction, always around it in farm areas and such, but i go to Gj every day and work in a smoothie shop.
There is a variety of people and personailities and if your looking for a nice place to live, a lot of nice homes can be found in Redlands area. There is a lot of golf courses and the houses are really fancy.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:25 PM

2 posts, read 6,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyhavaughn View Post

[FONT=Verdana]I am currently living in Houston, TX and have lived here all my life. The city is huge and it stays hot.... My husband is now working in GJ and the surrounding cities and was offered a 1 to 2 year contract. We decided to move out there. I went out there for a week and did enjoy it. I was now wondering about the schools in the area. We are moving to some condo by Mesa Mall and I am not sure how the schools are in that area. Any other helpful information about the city will be helpful. Also is there any clubs for children or sports in the area that I can contact. Can anyone please help me..... [/FONT]

What grade level?

Ok if your living Near Mesa mall, there is i think 3 schools in Fruita
Fruita Monument High school, has many of clubs and sports teams your kids can join
Fruita 8/9- it's right next to the high school

Shelledy Elementary School, Fruita, CO - If your kids are younger.
Also there is Another elementary school in Loma, which is like 5 mins from Fruita. and Fruita is like 10 mins from Mesa Mall.
The Redlands also has a few schools: broadway elementary and Redlands Middle school

The two main High schools for Grand Junction are Fruita Monument High school (wildcats) and Grand Juction High School (Tigers) (they are rivals)
**I'm a Fruita Grad

Also near Grand Junction High school, about 8-12min drive from Mesa Mall, there is Mesa State College. Pretty good College they are currently working on a building project worth 140m. I'd give it another 5-10 years and it'll be a university. A lot of schools in Grand Junction and oppertunity.

Hope this helps:

~Courtney
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or