Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 03:07 PM

296 posts, read 803,009 times

Advertisements

Very good, Mr Livecontent - wise words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 07:09 PM

13 posts, read 30,457 times
I definitely understand what you are saying and never thought I would be a person to have the mindset of living off of public assistance but my parents are kicking me and my daughter out and we want nothing to do with them or this area anymore so we are just exploring all of our options that won't put us on the street with a 10 month old right now. I am realizing in my phone calls and research that all states do have a very long waiting list for public assistance and that route probably isn't going to work for us anyhow. Anyways, I think some colleges I'm looking at offer family housing and onsite childcare, and work-study programs so that sounds like a better route for our family right now. Thank you for being so honest and helpful.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:02 PM

138 posts, read 339,794 times
I just got a 1br apartment for 350 a month... and had the option of a 2br apartment for 450.

Check out craigslist and puebloareahomes.com to see rental options. I know there are some really nice 2br homes in Belmont area for under 600. It's how I found my apartment.

Last edited by bostontopueblo; 07-16-2009 at 10:04 PM.. Reason: rentals

Old 07-16-2009, 10:23 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegmamamegan View Post
I definitely understand what you are saying and never thought I would be a person to have the mindset of living off of public assistance but my parents are kicking me and my daughter out and we want nothing to do with them or this area anymore so we are just exploring all of our options that won't put us on the street with a 10 month old right now. I am realizing in my phone calls and research that all states do have a very long waiting list for public assistance and that route probably isn't going to work for us anyhow. Anyways, I think some colleges I'm looking at offer family housing and onsite childcare, and work-study programs so that sounds like a better route for our family right now. Thank you for being so honest and helpful.
Given your precarious financial situation, I would not recommend up and moving to Colorado. I think the above plan sounds much better.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:43 AM

296 posts, read 803,009 times
"I definitely understand what you are saying and never thought I would be a person to have the mindset of living off of public assistance but my parents are kicking me and my daughter out and we want nothing to do with them or this area anymore so we are just exploring all of our options that won't put us on the street with a 10 month old right now."

How very sad - and I would love to have my children live with me - but I know it doesn't always work out. My heart breaks for you and your family - I wish you the very best of luck. Kind regards.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:57 AM

2,437 posts, read 8,184,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Given your precarious financial situation, I would not recommend up and moving to Colorado. I think the above plan sounds much better.
Oy vay - what a mess - but I'm sure you know that by now...

Of course, if one of those colleges happens to be in Colorado and you can afford to make ens meet there, then more power to ya. The other problem is that moving itself can be very expensive, even without much furniture. You still have to think about how much it will cost to transport what you do have, meals and lodging out until you get settled, and then deposit and other upfront fees for your new residence.

I've no desire to advise you of what to do... those are just things to think about.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:08 PM

13 posts, read 23,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
This of course will take place directly following the famine, locusts,and frogs..and btw Boulder is for fluffy headed hippies..
lol wow imagine that....our daughter lives there and she must be a minority...because she's sure not a fluffy headed hippy lol...altho hubby tells me there's a place there called "hippy hill" or it used to be there years ago....there are a lot of ppl wanderin around that look like they should be wearing bear skins & eating wild honey tho LOL

Old 08-12-2009, 08:25 PM

5 posts, read 9,828 times
Colorado Springs has ok rents and you could probably find all of the vegan items you need here. I know of a few restaurants in Manitou Springs, directly west of Colorado Springs and on the entrance to the mountains, that cater to this type of lifestyle. Boulder and Fort Collins are expensive. Pueblo is cheaper for rent but I don't think they have the variety of vegan stuff you will want, but it is only 40 miles south of the Springs.
Buena Suerte-Good Luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado