U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 05:24 PM

649 posts, read 2,648,992 times

Advertisements

Well, if you make reservation in advanced on certain campgrounds, then you will have privacy. Here is the description of the one we normally get.
Cove Campground, located at the top of Elevenmile Canyon just outside Lake George, CO.
The beauty of this one is that you can get this on particular campground on this site that the canyon is 10ft to your right and the river is 10ft to your left. It is very private and just beautiful. You can to go www.reserveamerica.com to make your reservations. We made our reservations at the beginning of the year. It can get busy during the holidays, but if you get the right campsite, you are good to go. bashep
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2007, 06:34 PM

431 posts, read 2,500,244 times
The south Platte behind (north)of Hartsel (jct of 24 and 9)is great for fly and spinners only. It winds in a large open valley with no trees. Be sure you check your regulations. It does get moss on it as the summer comes on. The Arkansas River from Canon City and up the canyon is prime right now. The May flies should be hatching. About now at the Canon City area. The higher you go the later they are. That is a popular time for fly fisherman on the Arkansas. Again check your regs. different sections have different rules. At least they were. They change continuely. ---they are usually fisherman on the Arkansas but not crowded untill the rafters take over. The South Platte is very quite.

Hunting? What kind? Birds, small or large game?

Old 04-26-2007, 12:41 PM

20 posts, read 62,998 times
Thanks. I hunt pretty much everything in Northern New Mexico. Elk, Deer, Pheasant, Grouse and quail. Thats pretty much it. Any info greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:28 PM

1,938 posts, read 6,190,952 times
I was going to recommend the Arkansas too-
As far as hunting goes- I know quite a few guys who hunt the Saguache area and seem to have good luck every year. Good luck!

Old 05-04-2007, 02:06 PM

Just a picture of fly fishing behind Hartsel on S Platte.Fly Fishing / Hunting-img_0052.jpg-2.jpg

Old 05-08-2007, 10:18 AM

Great picture. How do I get to this river? Can you give some directions please?
Thanks

Old 05-08-2007, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcartmel View Post
Great picture. How do I get to this river? Can you give some directions please?
Thanks
From where, Colorado Springs? Hiway 24 west to Hartsel at Junction of hiway 9. Canon City--Hiway 50 west, past Royal Gorge turnoff--hiway 9 north to junction of 24 Check your regs.

Old 05-09-2007, 08:58 AM

Thank you. I will be moving on May 17th. I have about a 2-3 weeks before I start my new job so I am going to go check it out.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:12 PM

7 posts, read 63,677 times
Default CO Hunting

I know this is not normally the type of question that's asked on this forum but how does the hunting seasons work in Colorado? My family and I are looking to relocate to Colorado and this forum has been incredibly helpful in answering our questions but as the Deer Season progresses here in Texas I realized that I never questioned about hunting in CO.

Is the huning open or are there lotteries? Is most hunting done on government owned land or are there hunting leases? When does the deer season begin and for how long does it last?

Again I know this is a different question but I am sure that there are at least a few hunters out there.

Thanks in advance,

Old 11-29-2007, 12:22 PM

835 posts, read 2,567,271 times
wish i knew man as i am into the sport myself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado