Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 03:17 PM

345 posts, read 914,113 times

Advertisements

Ok when I lived in town we had tons of stinking wasps, regular ants, jumping spiders which I like, black widows which I stomp, plently of wolf spiders and daddy long legs which I also left alone and some icky gross spider that had an opaque butt and a brownish red body. Those I totally hated, I am not scared of insects but those, would come at me and I made a point of truly squishy them.
Never saw a recluse or anything really big or hairy, no roaches unless you count the ones at the Butterfly Pavilion Oh but tons of earwigs which have those pinchy darn butts!

How often would I see any of them? Regularly, sit outside on the patio and something would go by here and there. Not a cloud of them or a squarm but enough to realize it is not bug free here.

In town we had snakes mainly garter here and there, which my neighbor would scream for me or my son to come and get out of her yard My animals never have had fleas or ticks which is a plus. Thankfully I have never seen either of those in almost 15 years here.

Now that we live 18 miles outside of town we have all the above plus more, though I do like the bull snakes and have never thankfully seen a rattler.
Anywhere you live is going to have bugs. It is not bug free here, we have plently but not as much as say Florida. But we also do not have many of the cool bugs and no fireflies/lighting bugs at all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 05:14 PM

138 posts, read 339,794 times
Flies all over pueblo and cockroaches...

Old 09-21-2009, 09:26 PM

1 posts, read 3,043 times
Question Spiders

Hey. I found these spiders and this is the first time we have seen any like it. This spider has an unusual marking on its tummy, is a grayish brown color, sort of fuzzy, it has dark rings on its legs. It is really scary However I have captured it and kept it safe because I do not wish to hurt it if it is a species that is benefical Help please please please Thanx Cloudburst

Old 09-21-2009, 09:54 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Gee, man, I'm arachnophobic, big time. I'm glad I'm not you at the moment. I'd say release it in the wild, if you are of the noble type. If it were me, I'd kill the SOB and scream like William Wallace.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:28 AM

64 posts, read 214,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antlered chamataka View Post
gee, man, i'm arachnophobic, big time. I'm glad i'm not you at the moment. I'd say release it in the wild, if you are of the noble type. If it were me, i'd kill the sob and scream like william wallace.
Ditto!!!

Old 09-22-2009, 07:59 AM

9 posts, read 34,714 times
Ewwww scary!

I would google spider types in Colorado and go from there, but I bet it has babies somewhere.. yuck, the chills...

Old 09-22-2009, 08:09 AM

8,605 posts, read 14,891,340 times
Sounds like a Wolf Spider. They'll bite if handled but they aren't poisonous.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:33 AM

224 posts, read 559,688 times
Hey Cloudburst, I vote for letting it go. Put it outisde if you don't like the idea of it in the house. Spiders (including wolf spiders, of which there are many types) eat other things you might not want in your house: ants, earwigs, beetles, etc. It's just part of the flora and fauna around you, man.

Also, you might read "Charlotte's Web" to your kids. :-)

Old 09-22-2009, 01:57 PM

87 posts, read 261,388 times
Depends on where you are in Colorado. We vacation every year near some property we own (about 9200 feet). Biting flies and ants are the most numerous pests we deal with.

Old 09-27-2009, 04:13 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimomof2 View Post
Ditto!!!
No way. Alternatively, you can scream like Boudicca
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado