U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 08:29 AM

5 posts, read 36,495 times

Advertisements

Hello Colorado,
Need help!......looking for a state with Conservative view. Please, I'm not one of these right wing nuts, but it would be nice to live in a location with people who i could talk to without hearing how bad this country is. [thanks to this administration]
My wife and i have visited Colorado a few time. [beautiful state] We would like to know about Colorado and how the people fell about there state. All college towns are very liberal,[everywhere]) how about the rest of the state?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2007, 08:38 AM

366 posts, read 1,060,063 times
Default The Springs is it!

Colorado Springs has a plethora of Right Wing, God fearing, Bush loving, Bible thumping crazies. If that's what you want, come down, tour Focus on the Family (they have their own sign on I-25), and buy a house close to the New Life Church, aka Brokeback Baptist Church.

You'll love it!

Old 04-26-2007, 08:50 AM

3,379 posts, read 5,845,609 times
dwf...

It sounds like we have some things in common.

Read the Colorado Springs forum. A lot of the "negative" posts about the Springs have convinced me that we're going to be making the right move.

Imagine... a place that gives gifted students the extra stimulus they need, where family values are honored, where being Christian is not politically uncorrect. So you give up "ethnic diversity"... I'm so tired of living in places where being straight, white, Christian and married is all but a crime! Imagine the horror of having neighbors who don't picket the funerals of our troops, or believe everything the media tells them! Oooooh... the horror!

Just imagine!

Old 04-26-2007, 09:27 AM

8,177 posts, read 16,200,501 times
Most any mountain town is going to be "liberal." That doesn't necssarily mean poor and liberal. The rich liberals pretty much have forced them out. So, you have people who live in 10,000 square foot mansions and drive 12 mpg SUV's 200 miles a day, but read "An Inconvenient Truth" and think it's right on. These would be the same people who complain about the local "big-box" paying lousy wages and no benefits to many of its employees, while they employ domestic help (many of them illegal aliens) at lousy wages and no benefits. Of course, these are the same people who lobby to have the local sawmill or mine closed that actually DOES pay decent wages and benefits to its employees. These same folks think that mines that produce fuel for electricity or natural gas wells that produce fuel for heat (some of it probably for their house) and that have to be totally reclaimed once they are closed are "bad," but trophy houses that clutter up the landscape forever are "OK."

The few conservatives in town usually are realtors or developers whose sole goal in life is cut up every working ranch they can find into a subdivision, build houses that no local person could afford, and sell them to those affluent liberals (or conservatives) who just have to get out of whatever place they've just finished totally wrecking.

And then those "transplants" wonder why some of the locals (who are usually ideologically middle-of-the-road) tend to resent the newcomers, when those local's own children can't find a decent job or afford to stay in the community where they grew up (I've watched that happen at least a thousand times).

That, my friends, is the story of most of rural Colorado today.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:30 AM

17,373 posts, read 24,625,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfw2020 View Post
Hello Colorado, Need help!......looking for a state with Conservative view. Please, I'm not one of these right wing nuts, but it would be nice to live in a location with people who i could talk to without hearing how bad this country is. [thanks to this administration]
My wife and i have visited Colorado a few time. [beautiful state] We would like to know about Colorado and how the people fell about there state. All college towns are very liberal,[everywhere]) how about the rest of the state?
The state is about evenly Red/Blue. Col Springs is a bastion of conservative thought and religious activity.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:31 AM

2,755 posts, read 8,685,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfw2020 View Post
Hello Colorado,
Need help!......looking for a state with Conservative view. Please, I'm not one of these right wing nuts, but it would be nice to live in a location with people who i could talk to without hearing how bad this country is. [thanks to this administration]
This changes from year to year, but I'll try to give you an answer with a minimum of political commentary:

Strongly Blue (Democratic) Areas:
- Boulder County
- The CITY AND COUNTY of Denver (not including the suburbs)
- Most of the Mountain Resort areas: Vail, Aspen, Summit County, etc.

Leaning Blue (Democratic Areas):
- Pueblo and surrounding areas
- The northern (Adams County) Denver suburbs
- Aurora
- San Luis Valley and most of Agricultural Southern Colorado near NM border

Purple (Mix of both, no one party predominating)
- Fort Collins / Loveland and all of Larimer County
- The western Denver suburbs including Jefferson County
- Arkansas Valley (Canon City, Salida, BV etc) (sometimes leans red)

Leaning Red (Republican):
- Most of the high country/western slope NOT INCLUDING resort areas or before mentioned
- Most of the southern suburban areas in Arapahoe County (Littleton, Englewood, Centennial)

Strongly Red (Republican) Areas:
- Colorado Springs, nearby areas, and all of El Paso County
- Douglas County (extreme-south Denver suburbs and nearby rural areas)
- Grand Junction and surrounding areas on the Western Slope
- Greeley and all of Weld County
- Most of the Eastern Plains not on the front range.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:09 PM

8,239 posts, read 13,482,062 times
Very nice, Tfox. It's like a map of Colorado.

I would just say that Colorado is sort of purple now and leaning towards blue.

Here's a political opinion: regardless of your political affiliation, the Bush Administration has really polarized the country and the world. You either hate W and the mention of his name makes you grit your teeth, or you REALLY hope there is a GOD and that everything is going to be OK regardess of the a$$kicking that the terrorists are putting on our soldiers over in Iraq. I voted for Bush, twice. But I avoid the news. I cringe whenever I hear how many Iraqi soldiers and American soldiers and British soldiers and whoever's left soldiers got blown up today! I'm sick of it. I'm astounded that Bush won the last term. I'm more astounded what a bunch of morons that the Democratic party has put against W and I'm scared S-less as to our future. But I am an American and I'm going to support our troops and hope to hell that America and its few supporters end this thing better than Viet Nam or before God finishes it. How's that for opinion?

Old 04-26-2007, 01:36 PM

4,403 posts, read 3,659,213 times
Wonderful post, tfox. I am moving to Colorado this summer and what you wrote is pretty much what I've bumped into as I've crossed the state during my visits. I'm moving to the purple and blue areas for sure.

Old 04-26-2007, 03:32 PM

5 posts, read 36,495 times
Thanks to all you fine people, the help is appreciated.

I'm a mad Reagan conservatives looking for a home!

Old 04-26-2007, 03:40 PM

11,726 posts, read 24,729,612 times
Does Aurora get more red the farther south/southeast you go, farther from the bad areas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado