Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 03:41 AM

3 posts, read 7,922 times

Advertisements

yeh i 4got to add the 000!!! so its lyk $50,000 sorry people well il do more research i dont expect a step by step guide jus some info from people that might know more than me! :/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 08:48 PM

7 posts, read 10,379 times
Talking ah

Hi there,

(if you are seeing a post like this its cos i messed up and am not sure if this worked first time round)

Ok i am from Scotland and planning to move over, looking for a small town also. We have no issues with Visa etc we know how to sort all that (dual nationality is a great thing).

I have done loads of research and was liking leadville until i found this forum am worried about the constant snow! (not that its not like that here). Also seems that evergreen keeps popping up but seems bigger than we are looking for and more expensive.

Anyone got any ideas, or good links for me? We would love a small place where people are friendly, and wouldnt mind us scots turning up! Love snow but would like a little bit of sun in the summer time!!! Great views obviously. Not so worried about being close to a city. ummmm trying to think of other information that might help narrow it down.......... we are in our 20's but as i said are from a small town in scotland so dont need cinemas etc, just a bar and restaurant would be good!

thank you in advance for any help you can give me!!!

Old 09-28-2009, 10:06 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,677,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movinghopefully View Post
Hi there,

(if you are seeing a post like this its cos i messed up and am not sure if this worked first time round)

Ok i am from Scotland and planning to move over, looking for a small town also. We have no issues with Visa etc we know how to sort all that (dual nationality is a great thing).

I have done loads of research and was liking leadville until i found this forum am worried about the constant snow! (not that its not like that here). Also seems that evergreen keeps popping up but seems bigger than we are looking for and more expensive.

Anyone got any ideas, or good links for me? We would love a small place where people are friendly, and wouldnt mind us scots turning up! Love snow but would like a little bit of sun in the summer time!!! Great views obviously. Not so worried about being close to a city. ummmm trying to think of other information that might help narrow it down.......... we are in our 20's but as i said are from a small town in scotland so dont need cinemas etc, just a bar and restaurant would be good!

thank you in advance for any help you can give me!!!
The best help I can give you is to get on a plane yourself, rent a car for two weeks and drive around the state. And if you can't afford a two week trip I doubt you'll be able to afford to move to Colorado.

The fact that you picked Leadville out tells me you need to spend some time on the ground seeing the state for real.

There are plenty of great views and sun all over the state so you really have to come up with some good specifics.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:59 PM

Default mmm

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. Its not so much cant afford a two week trip, just cant get that off work!!! used my holidays for this year! and every penny counts when saving to make a huge move!

We do plan to move over and get a month holiday rent to start and travel around looking at places just really thought someone over there would be able to give us a good idea of where to base ourselves in the first place as we get to know the area.

Ok specifics.... Somewhere there is all four seasons, does not have to be roasting in the summer sun at all is better than Scotland (hee hee), a small town where you could stay on the edge and still be able to walk into the bars, local shops etc. Rent up to $1200 per month, My partner likes to walk and go fishing. Not that worried about great jobs, just a part time one for me. Where the population is not all older.

I know it sounds silly but we just dont want to pick somewhere that will put us off! maybe there is no where like that? what is wrong with leadville?

thank you for your help.

Last edited by movinghopefully; 09-28-2009 at 11:29 PM..

Old 09-29-2009, 02:01 PM

Default applewood

Since writting last night i have been lookint at more posts. Another place that seems to stand out is Applewood. Anyone got any thoughts on Applewood vs Leadville, and which would best suit based on the information in my previous posts?

Old 09-29-2009, 03:19 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
See this page on Leadville, on the DATA side of city-data. Note the elevation is over 10,000 feet. Very cold long winters up there.

Applewood seems to be a tiny set of homes on the far west side of Denver Metro area, or 3-4 miles east of Golden, CO (a college town that hosts the COLO School of Mines). Next to Applewood the map shows Camp George West which is a National Guard training site (weapons training?), a jail and some other government facilities like the National Renewable Energy Lab (NREL). Most of the Camp appears to be an old quarry hole and Applewood backs up to it and also is near a noisy interstate highway. Sight unseen, I'd have to say stay away.

The two places are worlds apart.

There are tons of towns in COLO that would be good picks for you. Golden, Fort Collins, Estes Park, Montrose, Grand Junction, Durango, Salida, Buena Vista and others would all be good picks for you, big enough to have amenities, views, a place with Guinness or single malts, and not locked in remote mountain areas.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-29-2009, 03:59 PM

Default thank you

Thank you sooooo much you found out a lot more than I can!!

I have looked at the sizes of the places you suggested and think ill look more into Salida and Beuna Vista.

I was wondering do you know of a good site where i can get an idea of house lets for the two areas, i can only seem to find apartments.

Thank you so much and if you ever need help on Scotland feel free to ask!!

Old 09-29-2009, 05:00 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movinghopefully View Post
Thank you sooooo much you found out a lot more than I can!!

I have looked at the sizes of the places you suggested and think ill look more into Salida and Beuna Vista.

I was wondering do you know of a good site where i can get an idea of house lets for the two areas, i can only seem to find apartments.

Thank you so much and if you ever need help on Scotland feel free to ask!!
We have threads in the index for Salida and Buena Vista, with pix.

Use realtor.com by inserting the town name (or a zip code) in the search box and see what comes up in various price ranges, etc. Cheers!
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado