Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 02:38 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,673,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBarbie1985 View Post
Do you think jobs are hard to find there? I know the economy is bad in CA although I have a job here. I thought that CO had a better ecomony than CA. Would you say its about the same?
At least in the Denver area I think there is a reasonable diversity of different types of businesses, however California has a much larger population and hence a lot more to choose from.

As I say to anyone I'd visit first and see what you find and perhaps do research on available jobs in the front range area of Colorado. It could be your skills are in demand right now and then again maybe not. No one on here would be able to tell you for sure so you'll need to find that out for yourself.

Also in this economy I think it's wise for anyone to have work lined up before they make a big move, wherever that may be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 10:58 PM

2 posts, read 4,165 times
Hey KillerBarbie you sound just like my husband and I. We just moved to Lone Tree, CO from Southern California about a month ago. We really like Lone Tree, it kinda reminds me of Aliso Viejo. We are really close to a mall, restaurants, movies and the light rail.

Old 09-06-2009, 02:54 PM

1,627 posts, read 4,217,927 times
Just to beat a point into the ground, I'm an audio engineer in California...still (for the most part) employed, even if marginally (business is not so good right now.)

I've applied to numerous opportunities in Colorado. I'm sure you can guess which state has more jobs for the field I'm in. California's economy, though in "worse" shape, is a lot more diverse than Colorado's. That's a blessing *and* a curse, methinks. If Colorado's economy were more diverse, I'm not sure it could handle the influx of Californians that...oh, wait ^_^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado