U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 04:05 PM

8 posts, read 44,942 times

Advertisements

Hello my name is Heather, there is a possibility that my job may be transferring me to Pueblo Co. From looking at information it looks that Pueblo is more city then I would like to live. Can anyone recommend a close more rural town that is low on crime. Unfortunately when I find out if I am transferring I will most likely only have 2 weeks to get everything together and move there, so I will not have time to go and see for myself.

Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 04:22 PM

12,173 posts, read 20,933,287 times
If you give me more information on the type of rural town you like there are a few I can recommend....

Old 09-17-2009, 05:02 PM
Status: "Celebrating 30 years as a Broker" (set 9 days ago)

10,876 posts, read 29,276,131 times
You have got to be kidding. Pueblo more "city" than you can handle?

Pueblo is the smallest "big" city on the front range.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:05 PM

If you are coming from a town of 2,000 people then Pueblo can see huge has Pueblo has devlopments larger then that. I have been asked by people from the western slope how I can live in such a large city like Pueblo. I laugh cus I am use to living in large cities, I lived in orlando and San Diego, but I know where they are coming from.....

Old 09-17-2009, 08:54 PM

1,312 posts, read 6,895,071 times
If I were you, rather than focusing on a place outside of Pueblo before you move, given you may have only a short time to pack, just move and get settled; if I were you would just seek housing in Pueblo and then take time to look at the communities around it based on commute time, winter driving and other factors.

Pueblo seems like a big city based on stats and on a map but in reality it has a smaller town feeling than some give it credit for. You might actually like having some of the ammenities close at hand but at least you can say you gave it a try and you can focus on a long-term living arrangement once you get here and get used to the area.

Having visited many east coast places, Colorado's cities are far different than the cities back east because they are more suburban than urban here. I think a lot of people that have moved here from the east coast could back me up on that.

You might be pleasantly surprised by finding temp housing in Pueblo (especially since housing is going to be easier and quicker to come by) and then looking around after you are familiar with the area.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:44 PM

I agree if anything look into Pueblo West or just east of Pueblo in Avondale as we call it on the mesa.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:09 AM

3 posts, read 8,633 times
I can agree with Pueblo being "different" than the East Coast Cities but I think in a good way. I am from SC. To me it is like 2 big cities I have lived in. Charlestown, SC and San Antonio, TX. I am moving to Pueblo, for a job also. Will be there Sept 26, 2009. Would love to me new people to show me or tell me the best places to hang out.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubberja View Post
I can agree with Pueblo being "different" than the East Coast Cities but I think in a good way. I am from SC. To me it is like 2 big cities I have lived in. Charlestown, SC and San Antonio, TX. I am moving to Pueblo, for a job also. Will be there Sept 26, 2009. Would love to me new people to show me or tell me the best places to hang out.
Welcome to Pueblo! If you have any questions I would be more then happy to help you...

Old 09-20-2009, 12:19 PM

20,813 posts, read 38,998,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moore_heather View Post
Hello my name is Heather, there is a possibility that my job may be transferring me to Pueblo Co. From looking at information it looks that Pueblo is more city then I would like to live. Can anyone recommend a close more rural town that is low on crime. Unfortunately when I find out if I am transferring I will most likely only have 2 weeks to get everything together and move there, so I will not have time to go and see for myself.

Thanks for your help.
Heather, hello, hope your move goes well. Look into Canon City, a bit west of Pueblo and in the "banana belt" which is a mild weather zone that gets little snow.

I've been to Martinsburg countless times when I lived back east, my in-laws live over the other side of Sleepy Creek Mountain around Unger, WV. You'll find Pueblo a lot like Martinsburg in size, etc. Both have an interstate highway right through town.

One thing we usually recommend is that people rent for a year being putting down permanent roots in the area; during that year you can figure out what you like best about the area.

Best of luck to you and hope you check in and let us know how it goes.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:25 PM

8 posts, read 44,942 times
Default Needs

The main thing is I need a large yard, I have an almost two year old hyper german shepherd, that needs room to play. We would like to only rent for another year, but then will move to the location we like to buy a home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or