U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2009, 08:20 AM

3 posts, read 8,631 times

Advertisements

Becoming a member of the Pueblo community starting Sept 28, 2009. Can use info about what neighborhood to steer clear of as I am hunting a place to live, where is a decent place to get an adult beverage and (MOST important) WHERE is Barnes and Noble or Borders and Wal Marts? I would also like to know how hard is it to find single males.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 08:31 AM

138 posts, read 294,144 times
Google Maps can answer most of your questions...

walmart near pueblo co - Google Maps

On the northside, Barnes and Nobles is right across the street from the Walmart.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:28 AM

12,170 posts, read 20,925,567 times
Look at this page for Pueblo questions:

Pueblo and Southern Colorado (Denver, Colorado Springs: condos, hotels, dorms) - (CO) - City-Data Forum

I would avoid the east side south around 4th street and the west side by the state hospital.

If you have any specific questions I would just ask I can help and welcome to Pueblo!

Old 10-06-2009, 03:59 PM

3 posts, read 8,631 times
Thanks for the info. I am here and found an apartment near parkview. Now I just need to figure out the night life, lol.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:02 AM

14,463 posts, read 22,297,773 times
The Barnes and Chernobyl ... take the exit north of 29th street on I-25... that's Hwy 47 or what I call north 50 and go east... away from the mountains (to the west). Then get in the left lane and you'll see the northside Wal Mart. Turn left or north on Dillon road and as you go up that road, you'll see the Wal Mart on the right, Tinseltown, Ross, Petsmart, Office Depot, Barnes and Chernobyl, Ruby Tuesdays, and Home Depot on your left. Go up the road a bit more and you'll see Sams on your left and you'll come to Eagleridge... which will take you back west to the Interstate I-25.

As far as nightlife... can't help you much there. I'm sobah... so I don't know the bar scene too well. But I do know there's a bunch of them in this little town. Back in my drinking days, it would have been the Silver Saddle, the Cavalcade, The Glory Hole... aka Makarkies... but I lived in Denver and there it was the It'll Do, the Why Not, the Hill Top, Cherie's Pub, and the Albany Hotel. When I quit drinking, they tore that hotel down so it would not be used for a lesser purpose. The back bar of that hotel opened up at noon and closed up at 7:00 pm. Unusual bar, huh? They served 5 oz of Gin, or 5 ounces of Manhattan (one part sweet Vermuth and 4 parts pepper whiskey), or 5 oz of Rum... your choice 80 cents. People moved into that hotel to drink in that back bar. The youngest bar maid was about 72. There was no mirrors, no windows, no piano, no music... and they kicked you out at 7 and let whatever was gonna happen happen someplace else. Now that's a person who knows how to run a bar.

But Pueblo... there's a bunch of bars along Northern. Just how Irish are you? There are some rough bars here in Pueblo. There may be a bar or two out in Pueblo West. There's a bunch of biker bars. You might find some yuppified places along the River Walk and up in the Union District (Union Street) and maybe even up Main Street.

To be honest with you, I'm glad I don't drink in this town because a bunch of these bars look like a hole. And as good lookin' as I am... my wife would have to beat all the women off with a baseball bat!

If I was going to go for a drink and wanted a nice quiet dark kinda bar... the place you can go before 11:00 am and not be looked at funny and get a good meal for lunch... the Hangar is tops! 23rd and just west of I-25.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or