U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2009, 10:30 AM

2 posts, read 3,650 times

Advertisements

Ok, so my husband and I have decided that we want to move to CO! I have visited boulder and denver, but need some direction as to where the best towns are to live in. We are planning on trying to move by the end of next year, so if we can come up with a list of places to visit and see if we fit, that would be great! A little about us: We live in Oklahoma, and pay about 500 for rent every month. I am a Medical assistant and he is a Personal trainer. I will be working on nusring school before we leave so I should ahve a LPN by the time we move. We have 2 dogs, no kids yet and are pretty young (20's). We are open to any suggestions..and plan on visiting the areas of interest to help us decide where we should move. PLEASE help! I will answer any questions...and would love to hear your input!
Thanks!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 10:58 AM

7,764 posts, read 16,816,764 times
First, be prepared for a rent increase just about anywhere in Colorado. Considering that Colorado is a state with a very fit population ( compared to most other states ), there is already an abundance of personal trainers around. But that means little if your husband knows how to market himself, and has an entrepreneurial bent of mind to build his own clientle. Expecting to find a job at a health club would be very competitive. As a nurse, you'd probably have a better chance of finding a job, but even nursing jobs are rather scarce during this depression. Your best chance would be in the bigger population centers along the front range from Fort Collins in the north down to Pueblo in the south. Your best bet of all is likely to be Denver. Whatever you do, find a job BEFORE you attempt to move, unless you have a BIG wad of cash to tide you over until the economy picks up again....and I have no idea when that might be.

Old 09-23-2009, 11:55 AM

2,437 posts, read 7,259,686 times
Limon

Old 09-23-2009, 02:19 PM

5,658 posts, read 9,391,450 times
My favorite places are Denver, Boulder and Colorado Springs. EAch one has its own character but they're all nice, have friendly people are are pretty low on crime.

Boulder is a sort of hippie town with a large university and a lot of educated people due to some major high-tech employers there.

Denver is a big metropolitan area with a little to offer for everyone, a lot of nice neighborhoods.

Colorado Springs is a small city. It's very conservative and religious. It's well-kept, clean, and beautiful. The major employers are the military and U.S. govt..

Only problem is you're not going to be able to find $500 rent in any of these places.

Old 09-23-2009, 02:44 PM

1,312 posts, read 6,893,178 times
Please people, stop painting Colorado Springs as if it's some religious commune.

Please note an article I wrote back in 2007: Colorado Springs: It's Not a Religious Commune

Some of the information may be a bit outdated but seriously, there aren't religious fanatics at every turn. Conservative, yes, Bible beating city? No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado