Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2009, 02:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,554 times

Advertisements

Hey everybody i hope you can help me. I'm getting transferred to america with my work (i work on the rigs so work isn't a big factor on location) and am seriously looking into Colorado as a possible location.
Ideally i'd like to stay in a wooden house surrounded by trees next to a lake on the outskirts of a small town, not too far away from a big city. Thats the dream anyway! Is this asking too much??

I'm 23, my fiance's 27 so we don't necessarily want to end up in a retirement community but we do want somewhere which is quiet but with folk of similar age around and a bar or 2...or 3.

So really i'm asking if anyone knows of a place where i can live this dream? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 03:07 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,717,064 times
There's plenty of places that are like what you describe. They come with a price tag so it depends on how much you can afford. Realtors and other people on this forum would know for their particular location. But I would guess that something like what you're talking about an hour's drive from Denver would start at several hundred thousand dollars ($700,000+). Just a guess.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:53 PM

291 posts, read 908,033 times
We don't have much for lakes here in the west. You'll find more places with water and woods back east, and for less money than you'll pay here. I'm from Wisconsin, originally, and there's lots of them back there. To keep the price down, you'll have to go further north, which will keep you away from large cities. You'll also have cold winters. Good luck.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:09 PM

1,331 posts, read 5,062,935 times
Evergreen Lake is a good location for you.
Berthoud has a nice lake front community also.
I'd go with Evergreen myself!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado