U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 10:10 AM

1,452 posts, read 3,654,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
But would they feel fortunate if the housing market drops another 20% in the coming year, or if their prop taxes double because government's broke? ARM resets are here, unemployment is still causing foreclosures to soar, CDW is starting a third tsunami of hits on housing. Are you confident it's safe to go back in the water right now, even if you have the money?
Only if money is no object!

Otherwise, one would hope that people are smart enough to think these things through and then decide whether or not they're willing to take the risk. I suppose that depends on what other financial resources they have at their disposal to cover the potential losses.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:24 AM

7,764 posts, read 16,818,309 times
Shuffler wrote:
Only if money is no object!
If money was no object, I ( and probably anyone else in the same boat ) wouldn't be hanging out on this forum. We'd be too busy spending as much of it as possible on great adventures.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:57 PM

9,830 posts, read 19,503,132 times
I didn't see it last week in Vail. All my friends are suffering, business is way down, people continue to get laid off, construction projects have screeched to a halt, new construction is a laughable dream, tourist traffic is way down, bookings for this winter are weak, housing prices(especially multi million $$ properties) have collapsed, and so on.

I also noticed quite a few empty seats last weekend at the Broncos game.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:16 PM

16,438 posts, read 19,058,072 times
It reminds me of "Mission accomplished..."

Old 10-16-2009, 02:15 PM

20,812 posts, read 38,988,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
... noticed quite a few empty seats last weekend at the Broncos game.
Now THAT is an indicator we can bank on!
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:17 PM

7,764 posts, read 16,818,309 times
EMPTY seats at the Broncos game is a more accurrate indicator than the easily fudged indicators used by the economists. Now we're taliking about the real world and not some Wall Street fantasyland.

Old 10-16-2009, 03:37 PM

16,488 posts, read 20,871,024 times
It's funny that Wanneroo and Cosmic should mention that. Because I've been to a few hundred Bronco games in my day and my OPINION ISSSSS (drum roll please), yep, there's some empty seats going on here!

I know a lot of season ticket holders that will pull certain tickets out of their season ticket package (not ALL of them, but a few of them) and either go e-bay or to ticket agencies who are out of state. If they get 5 times over face they'll take it. They'll do the same with the parking permits. Sad, but true. There has been some layoffs with friends of mine associated here. There also was a substantial number of Patriot fans in the stands as a result of this. The Broncos next home game is November 9th and that situation will increase 50% when the Pittsburgh Steelers come to town. The Steelers have one of the bigger fan bases in the NFL. Trust me on this one.

And yea, it's a matter of money, or lack of, with a number of fans.

Old 10-16-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
It's funny that Wanneroo and Cosmic should mention that. Because I've been to a few hundred Bronco games in my day and my OPINION ISSSSS (drum roll please), yep, there's some empty seats going on here!

I know a lot of season ticket holders that will pull certain tickets out of their season ticket package (not ALL of them, but a few of them) and either go e-bay or to ticket agencies who are out of state. If they get 5 times over face they'll take it. They'll do the same with the parking permits. Sad, but true. There has been some layoffs with friends of mine associated here. There also was a substantial number of Patriot fans in the stands as a result of this. The Broncos next home game is November 9th and that situation will increase 50% when the Pittsburgh Steelers come to town. The Steelers have one of the bigger fan bases in the NFL. Trust me on this one.

And yea, it's a matter of money, or lack of, with a number of fans.
AFAIK the Broncos have been sold out since 1983? Last I was out at a game was 2000 and I don't remember any empty seats then.

Back when I bought my tickets in August it wasn't hard to get any seat I wanted and I was surprised at the thousands of seats empty when I was actually at the game. Especially in the nosebleed section.

Our two tickets in the "club" section were $800 plus parking $50, food $60, broncos souvenirs, blankets and jackets $200. It was a great game and everything but I wont be doing that much.

Old 10-16-2009, 04:17 PM

12,172 posts, read 20,928,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
AFAIK the Broncos have been sold out since 1983? Last I was out at a game was 2000 and I don't remember any empty seats then.

Back when I bought my tickets in August it wasn't hard to get any seat I wanted and I was surprised at the thousands of seats empty when I was actually at the game. Especially in the nosebleed section.

Our two tickets in the "club" section were $800 plus parking $50, food $60, broncos souvenirs, blankets and jackets $200. It was a great game and everything but I wont be doing that much.
Bronco games are sold out just not everyone uses them.

I have season tickets and Pay 277 dollars a ticket for club level but that does include parking.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Bronco games are sold out just not everyone uses them.

I have season tickets and Pay 277 dollars a ticket for club level but that does include parking.
I assumed many of those seats were season ticket holders, but it is interesting that many of them(thousands) failed to turn up for something that was paid for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or