U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2010, 11:39 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,734,052 times

Advertisements

I didn't say she's a goofy talking head. But she's on the paid speaker circuit, so she's for sale now.

And though she's been better-grounded than some of the others, she's no clairvoyant, either:

Tucker Hart Adams releases 2008 Economic Forecast (http://www.allbusiness.com/economy-economic-indicators/economic-indicators/5253924-1.html - broken link)

"The worst effects of the housing recession will have passed by 2008, Adams predicts..."

There are also calls for slower growth than the others, but growth nevertheless.

Old 02-12-2010, 11:46 AM

12,173 posts, read 20,941,769 times
I live and work in Pueblo and our retail segment has been not as hard hit as in Colorado Springs and Denver where they have empty strip malls and resturants have not closed and remain busy. Also, the unemployment rate, while hi, has gone up less then the other cities. This just backs up what the ecomonist said in Pueblo and Nevada both backed by major universities.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I live and work in Pueblo and our retail segment has been not as hard hit as in Colorado Springs and Denver where they have empty strip malls and resturants have not closed and remain busy. Also, the unemployment rate, while hi, has gone up less then the other cities. This just backs up what the ecomonist said in Pueblo and Nevada both backed by major universities.
So you're telling us that you can't fall out of a well. You started with high UE and fought tooth and nail to keep your top spot as the place with the highest UE rate in the state, but because it didn't go up as much as places that started with low UE rates, you did/are doing better. Too...friggin...funny.

There were also less job losses in Saguache (7500 people in the whole county) than in Pueblo. I guess from that you'd conclude they're doing even better than you...

Old 02-12-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob from down south View Post
So you're telling us that you can't fall out of a well. You started with high UE and fought tooth and nail to keep your top spot as the place with the highest UE rate in the state, but because it didn't go up as much as places that started with low UE rates, you did/are doing better. Too...friggin...funny.

There were also less job losses in Saguache (7500 people in the whole county) than in Pueblo. I guess from that you'd conclude they're doing even better than you...
Nope it is all based on percentage and different size towns are taken into consideration.

So, if Pueblo is not doing better then the Springs or Denver why is it we have no empty strip malls and resturants have not closed and are busy?

I am not saying its been hard as all of Colorado has been hit I am just saying that Pueblo has been hit less hard and that is proven by a few studied backed by major universities.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:21 PM

Talking Order brightens Vestas outlook

Speaking of a improved economy this was in today's Pueblo Chieftain and is good news for Vesta's and Pueblo as well as the other Colorado Cities vesta's is in!

The order for 33 wind turbines likely will come to the Colorado plants, including the company's new Pueblo tower plant, but a firm date for the start of production remains uncertain, Vestas executives said.

The link: The Pueblo Chieftain :: Order brightens Vestas outlook

Old 02-12-2010, 12:46 PM

7,764 posts, read 16,826,387 times
Josseppie wrote:
The order for 33 wind turbines likely will come to the Colorado plants, including the company's new Pueblo tower plant, but a firm date for the start of production remains uncertain, Vestas executives said.
You sound like an inexperienced farmer counting his chickens before they hatch. Back in the days of my short-lived, highly unsuccessful career in commissioned sales, my sales manager always used to tell me this:
Until you've CLOSED the deal, you ain't got a deal....and you don't get paid!

Old 02-12-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
Josseppie wrote:
You sound like an inexperienced farmer counting his chickens before they hatch. Back in the days of my short-lived, highly unsuccessful career in commissioned sales, my sales manager always used to tell me this:
Until you've CLOSED the deal, you ain't got a deal....and you don't get paid!
True, but this is a good sign to have a order. Simply stated no orders mean no deal's to sign!

Old 02-12-2010, 02:03 PM

7,764 posts, read 16,826,387 times
Josseppie wrote:
True, but this is a good sign to have a order. Simply stated no orders mean no deal's to sign!
Not necessarily! Using health care reform as an example: All the work ( I'm using the term work very loosely here, so all of you who actually work for a living please do not be offended ) that congress did on health care reform might have been a good sign a few weeks ago, but last months good sign probably won't amount to a hill of beans. Good signs don't always become the reality that seems so good in the sign stage. For the sake of fairness, I might add....and sometimes they do!

Old 02-12-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Nope it is all based on percentage and different size towns are taken into consideration.

So, if Pueblo is not doing better then the Springs or Denver why is it we have no empty strip malls and resturants have not closed and are busy?

I am not saying its been hard as all of Colorado has been hit I am just saying that Pueblo has been hit less hard and that is proven by a few studied backed by major universities.
So you're telling us that you have no empty spaces in any of your malls, and that no restaurants have closed in Pueblo since this started? I double-dawg dare you to make that statement. (I have pictures)

Old 02-12-2010, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob from down south View Post
So you're telling us that you have no empty spaces in any of your malls, and that no restaurants have closed in Pueblo since this started? I double-dawg dare you to make that statement. (I have pictures)
Perhaps I stated it wrong. We have some empty spaces such as the old circut city and the mall does as well but we have no 100% empty strip malls and our mall is still making money while other malls in the state are having issues.

As far as resturants I can't think of one that closed due to the recession but I could be wrong....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or