U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2009, 10:36 PM

19 posts, read 71,243 times

Advertisements

Coming from Puget Sound, we don't have much to deal with in the way of insects.. pretty much spoiled in that way. Can you tell me what to expect during the year down there in the way of biting and stinging creatures? Should I expect some of the insects to possibly carry away our SUV?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 12:21 AM

13,219 posts, read 24,281,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorsychica View Post
Coming from Puget Sound, we don't have much to deal with in the way of insects.. pretty much spoiled in that way. Can you tell me what to expect during the year down there in the way of biting and stinging creatures? Should I expect some of the insects to possibly carry away our SUV?
What insects?

You'll find CO to be pretty bug-free compared to WA.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:22 AM

5,676 posts, read 9,402,779 times
Are you kidding? There's no bug problem here in Colorado. Quite the opposite.

If you want a bug problem, move to Austin Texas.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:52 PM

19 posts, read 71,243 times
I like that. VERY MUCH. I think overall, we are sold on Colorado. We loved it when we visited. So different than here yet very beautiful in different ways. My husband works for MSFT up here and it would be nice to get a job with MSFT down there to make an easy transition.. if that doesn't happen, we'll need to look at another angle. ....Know anybody that is looking for a Senior level Program Manager/Application Architect/Infrastructure Manager...etc.. in the tech industry. I'm ready to jump!

Yeah, what I read a few minutes ago about bugs in Austin creeped me out just thinking about how to deal with all of them.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:16 PM

302 posts, read 772,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
What insects?

You'll find CO to be pretty bug-free compared to WA.
Pretty true. Veterinarians in CO told me not to bother with Advantage/heartguard because the vermin (that caused heartworm) couldn't survive in this altitude so it was a waste of money.

To the OP: I know this is a little off topic, but if you want a directory for the area you're moving to feel free to visit www.rockymountainyellowpages.com or www.golden411.com

Old 10-22-2009, 07:15 PM

1,312 posts, read 6,896,549 times
Default Been asked

Bugs, Spiders and Critters in Colorado!

Bugs & Critters

Old 10-23-2009, 04:19 AM

175 posts, read 354,971 times
Denver, especially Capitol Hill (the most populous part of Denver) has a bed bug problem.

http://bedbugregistry.com/location/co/

Be aware. Check out an address at The Bedbug Registry website before moving there. I live in Capitol Hill and have never had a problem (uh, I've been here all of 3 weeks) but I hear they're no fun to deal with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or