U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 11:15 AM

12,173 posts, read 20,946,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximusmgm View Post
Tell you what. If Pueblo gets one before the tech center I'll buy you dinner.
LOL your on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 07:39 PM

28 posts, read 70,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
Grand Junction has a skyline? Have you even visited here? Do you even live in Colorado? It seems like you're just pulling random city names out of a hat.

Denver has a city skyline. Colorado Springs has a small one. No place else in Colorado has something that I call a skyline.
Fort Collins has a really small one, a couple of 10-12 story buildings and an 8 story building. And Grand Junction has one 11 story building in its downtown and a transmitter tower about the same hight. But I'm not really sure if that counts as a skyline. Oh and it has what appears to be a 10 story hospital tower outside of it's downtown.

Here's a link to a pano of Grand Junction:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Grand-junction-skyline.jpg

*edit*
...and here's a link to a blog with some photos of Fort Collins' skyline:
http://growfortcollins.blogspot.com/

Last edited by cementglow; 11-15-2009 at 07:49 PM..

Old 11-15-2009, 08:08 PM

113 posts, read 367,033 times
And you call yourselves Coloradans! How could you all overlook the tallest building between Denver and Salt Lake City? Know where it is? I'll give you a hint: It's 33 stories.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:10 PM

Second hint: Ameristar

Old 11-15-2009, 08:11 PM

Answer (look below only if you give up):

Black Hawk

Old 11-15-2009, 08:11 PM

28 posts, read 70,323 times
^Black Hawk! Ahh yes I forgot about that one. Thanks for the reminder. BH also has a 10 story building I believe.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:01 PM

631 posts, read 1,390,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
Grand Junction has a skyline? Have you even visited here? Do you even live in Colorado? It seems like you're just pulling random city names out of a hat.

Denver has a city skyline. Colorado Springs has a small one. No place else in Colorado has something that I call a skyline.
Acutally yes i DO live in Colorado thank you very much and HAVE lived here since '95. I suppose it would help if I gave a definition of what I would call a 'skyline'. I would call a skyline any distinctive impact on the city horizon by commercial or residential structures. Granted I have not actually BEEN to GJ I have talked with ppl who DO live there and they say that GJ has a very SMALL one created by two or three short structures.

Now then have you ever been to BOULDER? ever seen a PHOTO of Boulder? go look it up sometime, height limit or otherwise Boulder STILL has a Skyline, same with Ft. Collins.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cementglow View Post
fort collins has a really small one, a couple of 10-12 story buildings and an 8 story building. And grand junction has one 11 story building in its downtown and a transmitter tower about the same hight. But i'm not really sure if that counts as a skyline. Oh and it has what appears to be a 10 story hospital tower outside of it's downtown.

Here's a link to a pano of grand junction:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/file:grand-junction-skyline.jpg (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3f/grand-junction-skyline.jpg - broken link)

*edit*
...and here's a link to a blog with some photos of fort collins' skyline:
Grow Fort Collins
thank you!!!

Old 11-15-2009, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupulin View Post
And you call yourselves Coloradans! How could you all overlook the tallest building between Denver and Salt Lake City? Know where it is? I'll give you a hint: It's 33 stories.
Honestly I never would have known about it if you hadn't brought it up.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:51 AM

5,676 posts, read 9,410,128 times
Of course each person is allowed to have their own definition of a skyline, but I don't think Fort Collins or Grand Junction should be called skylines. If that's the case, then every Main Street in America is a skyline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or