U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 06-06-2007, 01:08 PM

5,748 posts, read 6,533,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesunnydays View Post
Will it look more brown in the late June season when I'm planning a visit to castle rock?
An article in the Rocky Mountain News this morning included the following quote from Jim Klett, a landscape horticulture professor at CSU:

"I've lived here in Colorado 28 years and I don't think I've seen a more lush, green spring."

Here's link to the article in its entirety...

Rocky Mountain News - Denver and Colorado's reliable source for breaking news, sports and entertainment: Local (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_5572779,00.html - broken link)

So, to answer your question, most likely, yes. The weather will probably turn significantly drier as the season progresses. Nonetheless, Castle Rock is a lovely town, and I hope you enjoy your visit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 06-06-2007, 11:08 PM

19 posts, read 74,437 times
Thank you for all the replies and the great pictures! I wish it was always that green there; it's beautiful!
I can't wait to come out there and do some house hunting.......if only our home here would sell!!!

Unread 06-06-2007, 11:33 PM

1 posts, read 2,192 times
Keep in mind that if you choose the Meadows or Founders, the drive time to DIA can be significant. HWY I-25 gets pretty packed from south Denver to Castle Rock during peak times.
I live in Highlands Ranch and have an incredible view of the mountains. Depending on where you choose to live, some homes in Highlands Ranch have quitel large lots. Also, the Douglas County schools have a great reputation and that is important to me. Castle Rock is Douglas County as well though.
Castle Rock has definitely built up in the last several years and so has Parker.

Unread 06-07-2007, 08:35 AM

226 posts, read 886,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabuzz View Post
Keep in mind that if you choose the Meadows or Founders, the drive time to DIA can be significant. HWY I-25 gets pretty packed from south Denver to Castle Rock during peak times.
I live in Highlands Ranch and have an incredible view of the mountains. Depending on where you choose to live, some homes in Highlands Ranch have quitel large lots. Also, the Douglas County schools have a great reputation and that is important to me. Castle Rock is Douglas County as well though.
Castle Rock has definitely built up in the last several years and so has Parker.
I must disagree. The I-25 traffic that you speak of is nothing like the California traffic they are coming from. People in Colorado like to complain about the traffic when it is too busy to drive 75 and they can only go 45. I frequently drive through Castle Rock during rush hour and the time difference between rush hour and non rush hour is nominal. The traffic along C470 through Highlands Ranch is often much worse than the traffic on I-25.

Unread 06-07-2007, 11:06 AM

5,748 posts, read 6,533,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenWolfe View Post
I must disagree. The I-25 traffic that you speak of is nothing like the California traffic they are coming from. People in Colorado like to complain about the traffic when it is too busy to drive 75 and they can only go 45. I frequently drive through Castle Rock during rush hour and the time difference between rush hour and non rush hour is nominal. The traffic along C470 through Highlands Ranch is often much worse than the traffic on I-25.
Completely agree with you there! I doubt they'll find the the traffic bothersome. California traffic is in a class by itself. On second thought, I-95 in Maryland could give it a run for its money.

Unread 06-07-2007, 11:26 AM

11,730 posts, read 21,974,848 times
Quote:
How long do your "rush hours" tend to last there? I'm in SoCal and between morning rush hours, evening rush hours, and lunchtime traffic, there's very few windows where you can see the speed limit. And that's assuming there's no accidents, lane closures, or sweepers.

Unread 06-08-2007, 07:16 AM

You tend to see the heaviest traffic between 7:00 and 8:30 in the morning and 4:00 to 6:00 in the afternoon. Even during those times it is unlikely you will hit any heavy or extended stop and go traffic like you experience in LA. During all other times the speed limit from Castle Rock to the DTC is 75mph.

Unread 06-08-2007, 12:27 PM

2,755 posts, read 7,949,543 times
Quote:
You tend to see the heaviest traffic between 7:00 and 8:30 in the morning and 4:00 to 6:00 in the afternoon. Even during those times it is unlikely you will hit any heavy or extended stop and go traffic like you experience in LA. During all other times the speed limit from Castle Rock to the DTC is 75mph.
The speed limit from Lincoln to Belleview is 65. North of that it is 55. Traffic on 25 is very heavy, bumper-to-bumper every day from 4:00pm to 6:00pm, and has been ever since I can remember.

Unread 06-10-2007, 09:11 PM

The traffic and speed limits in my post were in response to comparing a Highlands Ranch commute to a Castle Rock commute not for the entire metro area. From Founders Parkway to Lincoln the speed limit is 75 and traffic rarely slows to stop and go. The original post was also asking about a commute to DIA, so rush hour traffic north of County Line Road would be of little consequence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabuzz View Post

Unread 10-23-2007, 11:19 AM

9 posts, read 20,239 times
Default Please tell me about Castle Rock

My family and I are considering a move to Castle Rock. What can you all tell me about this area? We've visited and driven through but don't actually know very much about it. Is it a good place for families? How's the traffic? Weather? Crime? Convenience? Tell me everything! Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado