U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 01:10 PM

28 posts, read 70,343 times

Advertisements

Edit, Nevermind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 01:30 PM

3,023 posts, read 2,861,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinstyler View Post
The one thing I like about this:

Maybe, just maybe....hemp can be grown for seeds, rope, clothing....as a green alternative. Hemp is a super food and the fact we can buy it, yet not grow it in the US legally is odd.

What I don't like:

That the legalization is not on the principal of the GOOD and healthy things about the plant.

The hypocrisy that the same people attempting to legalize Marijuana are attempting to Ban cigarette smoking.

Public pot smoking and the risk of the contact buzz and becoming impaired is real.

If it becomes legal before the ability to monitor its production and distribution, you have no way to verify the efficacy of the product and may have just invited some drug dealers into your neighborhood.

Who monitors the kids of these people getting high from contact smoke? Ask your kids if they know the kids in their schools that are pot smokers. They aren't productive people.

Cancer patients need it, but I thought they have had the ability to get pharma grade marijuana for some time.

As a business owner, if you smoke pot-you don't work for me.

I went to college and saw first hand what happens.

As an adult I have "friends" who expect me to be "OK" with them sparking up at my home and are RUDE when I say no. I have kids here.

Nothing you can say will justify that getting high is cool or healthy. Stumbling about is not my idea of fun.

As an adult, I know people who think it's funny to get their dogs high...

Driving impaired is dangerous.

Skiing impaired is dangerous. You are risking other skiers lives.

Pot smokers are useless in a work setting and lack creativity and energy. I suggest for those looking to relax, to take some yoga, do meditation or EXERCISE!

(By the way, when I enjoy a wine...my drink doesn't spill into the body of the person next to me.)
Pot smokers lack creativity, huh?
The entire output of Rock n Roll, Movies and Television from 1963 to 1978 disproves your statement.

And despite your noble standing as a business owner
there are people FAR more successful than you that smoke marijuana,
have smoked marijuana and/or endorse it.

Here's ten within easy finger reach if your post had been smart, sharp or creative enough to look.
The 10 Most Successful Potheads on the Planet… Cool Enough to Admit It : COED Magazine

Old 01-24-2010, 02:01 PM

25 posts, read 89,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkin about it View Post
Translation: "excuse my insufficient and ill-considered argument ripe with personal jabs, for I have an illustrious career. Who are you?"
I was merely pointing out that I work closely with the aforementioned "industry" and that the entirety of my argument stems from professional experience with hundreds of similar cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkin about it View Post
He served most of it. It was his first offense. I think you are misunderstanding what the term conditional release means.
The Randy Brush story is funny; I should have known you were referring to that particular case when you mentioned Ohio. To be specific: Randy Brush had the option to serve X hours of Community Service and attend a rehabilitation clinic on his own dime. Acting on the advice of his counsel, Randy denied this option along with a second "get out of jail free" card when the court offered him probation with mandatory drug screenings...citing his health problems and desire to appeal and/or sue the county for their unjust practices as his main reasons for opting out. In fact, his attorney literally had to fight to get him incarcerated.

The story doesn't stop there. Randy pulled every trick out of the bag during his jail time. He warned of suicide, explaining that Marijuana was the only relief to his unbearable pain. He wrote letters to the outside world every day, throwing fuel on the fire of protesters that diligently awaited his release outside of the prison and courthouse. Inevitably, the DA got involved and worked with the court to force him out of prison only a few months in to his sentence, where he was then sent to a halfway home.

Let's go over the cliff notes: Randy had the option of avoiding jail time but instead volunteered for it just like a classic activist would. Unfortunately, he acted in the interest of himself and "the cause" while neglecting his entire family. It's worth mentioning that his wife divorced him and he has absolutely no custody of his children. Ironically, the activist community beats the tax dollar argument to death and exaggerates huge dollar figures that apparently went toward Mr. Brush's incarceration - a sentence that HE chose. Randy Brush exploited the justice system hoping to be a poster boy for reform.

To repeat what I've already said a handful of times, I'm not against legalization. However, it doesn't come as a surprise to me when I continually hear about how it loses traction. All it takes is a 5 minute glance at the majority of people involved with the cause to realize that most of them are selfish wackos who claim they want to help the ill...when the reality is that they just want to smoke a bowl in their living room and potentially capitalize off of reform since they assisted in spearheading it.

Human nature is evident in everything we do. Just open your eyes sometimes.

Old 01-24-2010, 03:00 PM

6,023 posts, read 11,866,770 times
I have only one thing to say.

First picture, good stuff. Glad the nation is learning the truth.
Second picture, it may have a purpose but not for self medicating.

http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss174/nomadiyak/Lsd_pdb.gif (broken link)

Old 04-09-2013, 01:58 AM

1,825 posts, read 1,410,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinDi59 View Post
Oh geez. Why does everyone think this is a good idea? And who says it's good for you? Do you have any scientific studies to back that up?

Yeah I know a lot of people are "closet" smokers. So what? Lots of people do stupid things. I'm not one of them. But, I don't need to get loaded to be able to face everyday life.

If you had serious medical condition(s) & Docs & Big Pharma could not adequately help, would you feel differently? I realize your post is old & perhaps you've been enlightened since.

There are 3 sites I recommend due to the huge volume of unbiased info (these people were not paid to lie):

Scientific studies: I recommend Granny Storm Crow's list (2009) that has maybe 1,000+ studies & verifiable anecdotes. It might only be found on a few dozen pothead sites, but many of the studies were done by top researchers at many of the best universities. It's just convenient to have these in 1 place & conditions helped & safety articles are arranged alphabetically.

Also a great amount of good info on Wikipedia, where sources must be cited or may be subject to removal. Also, they will warn you if the neutrality of a section is disputed. They also have a cannabis portal that links readers to many other sites.

rxmarijuana.com has patient accounts telling of it's value in treating 126 medical conditions, often better than pills. The site is hosted by Dr. Lester Grinspoon, MD retired prof from Harvard Medical School. Many many years ago his young son was dying from cancer. Someone suggested cannabis, so his son tried it & his appetite came back, allowing him to live another 1 & 1/2 years.

A man who used to live in the tiny town of Maccan, Nova Scotia, Canada, Rick Simpson, has put out a 58 minute video Run From the Cure. He treated himself for cancer in 2008 using cannabis oil, which was in pharmacies in US until 1937, when cancer was rare. Now we have an epidemic, with 60% getting cancer & half of them dying from it & cannabis oil is illegal! Rick spent his entire life savings of $1.3 million, curing people (for free!) of cancer & other fatal illnesses, using cannabis oil. The US ordered Canada to arrest him as a drug dealer, so he had to flee.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:50 PM

10,058 posts, read 13,943,129 times
Did anyone mention Rick Steeves Travel Guru, favorite of the baby boomer travelers, smokes on a regular basis and support legalization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado