U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 12:42 AM

274 posts, read 560,645 times

Advertisements

I read this article when it came out about 2 weeks ago. I just searched online and read that it passed with 72% of votes.

What are you personal opinions on this?

9NEWS.com | Colorado's Online News Leader | Colo. ski town could push marijuana legalization

BRECKENRIDGE (AP) - Voters in this Rocky Mountain resort town will decide next week whether to legalize pot for all adults at a time when the movement to allow medical marijuana is gaining steam around the country.

A measure before Breckenridge voters in Tuesday's municipal election would legalize possession of up to 1 ounce of marijuana along with bongs, pipes and other pot paraphernalia. Supporters of the measure say it would inch the whole state closer to full legalization.

Last edited by I_Want_Snow; 11-13-2009 at 01:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 05:38 AM

770 posts, read 744,651 times
Marijuana is exploding all over Colorado. Soon people will be growing their own exclusively, taking the cartels in Mexico and elsewhere out of business.

This is great news, and I'm proud and happy that Colorado is one of the more advanced states in the movement forward.

I think the fact that many states put pot smokers in jail will be one of the things we look back on in fifty years and just shake our head laughing.

Old 11-13-2009, 06:23 AM

2,139 posts, read 5,625,486 times
Yay!

Old 11-13-2009, 06:42 AM

274 posts, read 560,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkin about it View Post
Marijuana is exploding all over Colorado. Soon people will be growing their own exclusively, taking the cartels in Mexico and elsewhere out of business.

This is great news, and I'm proud and happy that Colorado is one of the more advanced states in the movement forward.

I think the fact that many states put pot smokers in jail will be one of the things we look back on in fifty years and just shake our head laughing.
I agree 10000%! Too many of the older folks think its bad! I know plenty of smart, professional level people with degrees who smoke. Doctors, lawyers, I.T. Professionals etc. The stigma created by the government is totally blown out of proportion! It's not nearly as bad as people think. Alcohol and tobacco are A LOT more destructive then Mary Jane!

We are in the age of the 'Green' Movement!! Hopefully more cities and eventually states will follow the leader!

Old 11-13-2009, 06:56 AM

770 posts, read 744,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Want_Snow View Post
I agree 10000%! Too many of the older folks think its bad! I know plenty of smart, professional level people with degrees who smoke. Doctors, lawyers, I.T. Professionals etc. The stigma created by the government is totally blown out of proportion! It's not nearly as bad as people think. Alcohol and tobacco are A LOT more destructive then Mary Jane!

We are in the age of the 'Green' Movement!! Hopefully more cities and eventually states will follow the leader!
I studied in physics in college, and all 4 professors whom I met with outside of class for projects smoked pot. This was in a midwestern state that is not canna-friendly.

People are just scared to come out of hiding. What's a more rational decision should you want to expand your perspective and take the load off for a few hours-an aggressive-drunken state with the addition of 1000-ish calories in an already obese society, plus a hangover? Or a few puffs of smoke with no hangover and some giggles?

The anti-cannabis crowd is almost exclusively comprised of the prison industry, the pharma industry, and the functionally retarded.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:05 AM

4,267 posts, read 5,288,927 times
The city of Denver also legalized possession of up to one ounce of marijuana for adults, 21 and over. USATODAY.com - Denver votes to legalize marijuana possession. I am glad to see Breckenridge follow suit. State law trumps the decisions but still....

It is also interesting what is happening in Colorado right now as far as medical marijuana. The dispensaries are popping up left and right all over Denver. What's happening in other cities and towns in Colorado?

Pot dispensaries thriving as stiffer regulation looms - The Denver Post

Old 11-13-2009, 08:28 AM

1,331 posts, read 4,513,879 times
We just had a dispensery/sp? open up here in Canon City!!
My sons couldn't believe it when I told them!
There is one to open soon in Florence..next door to Canon City!

Old 11-13-2009, 09:29 AM

20,813 posts, read 38,998,701 times
OH NO! Reefer Madness is upon us!

YouTube - Reefer Madness
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:25 AM

1 posts, read 3,215 times
Default It's about time!

It's about time somebody got it together. As an ex-pot smoker believe me if it's legal to consume alcohol then by all means pot should be legal! Pot does not have even come close to the bad things that alcohol does to a person! Thank you Breckenridge, CO and as I have always thought of moving to that great state anyway, Breckenridge here I come!!

Old 11-13-2009, 11:40 AM

11 posts, read 21,138 times
Im very proud to see that some professionals know that smoking weed is NOT bad for you. Im going to be a proud Colorado citizen after I make the move there. The midwest is very strict and it's pointless.
Bring on the bud, bring on the money. Say hello to a huge income of money after we legelize it and tax it. Way to go Breckenridge!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado