Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2008, 07:45 AM

2 posts, read 28,156 times

Advertisements

Hello,
WE are looking for great ideas for a very affordable wedding. We really do not have a big budget. We want something decent size because we want all of our friends and family there with us. Our wedding is next summer. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thank you for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 11:12 AM

1,120 posts, read 2,590,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonToBeMrs View Post
Hello,
WE are looking for great ideas for a very affordable wedding. We really do not have a big budget. We want something decent size because we want all of our friends and family there with us. Our wedding is next summer. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thank you for your help!

I read that the average cost for a wedding is around $35,000, and my jaw dropped a few feet. At first, I thought it was a misprint. Nope!

Personally, I'd rather have a long-lasting marriage and a cheap wedding, than a short-lasting marriage and a lavish wedding.

THINK COSTCO!!!

Old 10-16-2008, 04:43 PM

2 posts, read 28,156 times
As far as food and drinks go we want to do that ourselves. Costco would be great! But we need to find a place that allows us to bring our own. $35,000 is outrageous!

Old 10-16-2008, 04:55 PM

56 posts, read 309,097 times
The Richards-Hart estate -2 blocks west of Sheridan & 29th, near Sloan's Lake. I believe you can have only up to 100 people there though & you would have to have some guests dining outside if you had that many people (we did & it worked great). But, very affordable and you can bring you own food & drink. Just Google City of Wheat Ridge and then go to their Parks & Rec page, then Facility Rentals.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:05 PM

118 posts, read 403,400 times
The wife and I did our wedding at the Denver Botanic Gardens. They were very fairly priced, and you don't have to spend money on the scenery.

They have reception halls for use and work with a caterer from the Zoo. The venue was nice, and had an integrated sound system with mp3 hookup, which worked and sounded perfectly fine (so we skipped the DJ and saved money there).

We bought our own booze from Costco or Sam's, can't remember which, and paid the uncorking fee to the caterer. Our reception was only 40-or-so people, so we saved loads not having an open bar. Besides, with the gallon size liquors at the warehouses, we had plenty left over to bring back to the hotel and give to friends.

The food was actually outstanding (wife was going through a vegetarian phase and they whipped up a special portobella mushroom meal just for her, on-the-fly). I can't remember what we chose though.

For the photographer we were searching craigslist for people wanting to build their portfolio and so would do it on the cheap. We actually ended up going with a friend of a friend..but same idea. She was trying to build her portfolio. We were impressed by the work she did have, and the pictures came out great.

I think the whole shebang; wedding, string quartet during ceremony, reception and photographer was around $12,000, if that. Though there was some haggling.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:24 PM

423 posts, read 1,958,946 times
My wife and I had our wedding at the McC Ranch west of Masonville. The site itself was 650.00. They had all the tables and chairs there and they helped you move them from the outside wedding site to the indoor reception area. They were great people to work with. We had her uncle roast a hog for us and then her and her family made salads. We probably had around 300 people at our wedding and with tux rentals and her dress, kegs, food, and lots of decorations we spent right around 6,000.00. That was not bad for what we put together.

Old 10-18-2008, 09:56 AM

296 posts, read 802,710 times
My husband and I were wed in the Court House. It cost $40.00. There was plenty of room for the family/friends to witness it in the Court room seating area. As far as a reception, well we didn't have one because we could not afford it and weren't really into that type of thing (we just wanted each other). However, no doubt there are plenty of lovely venues at reasonable prices to hold a reception in the Denver area.

Old 08-24-2009, 12:20 PM

1 posts, read 12,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Emmerling View Post
My wife and I had our wedding at the McC Ranch west of Masonville. The site itself was 650.00. They had all the tables and chairs there and they helped you move them from the outside wedding site to the indoor reception area. They were great people to work with. We had her uncle roast a hog for us and then her and her family made salads. We probably had around 300 people at our wedding and with tux rentals and her dress, kegs, food, and lots of decorations we spent right around 6,000.00. That was not bad for what we put together.
Does anyone have any contact information for McC Ranch?

Old 11-13-2009, 04:59 PM

1 posts, read 12,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessaroo View Post
Does anyone have any contact information for McC Ranch?
I found this info online for them. Not sure if it's correct but I can't find anything else. Let us know if you do happen to find something on them.

667-7459
667-8514
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado