U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 04:21 PM

20,310 posts, read 37,810,444 times

Advertisements

French Food in Denver:
1. http://www.tantelouise.com/
2. http://www.lecentral.com/
3. Brasserie Rouge, 1801 Wynkoop St # 150, Denver, CO Phone: (303) 991-2242
4. Ledelice, 250 Steele St Ste 104, Denver, CO, Phone: (303) 331-0972

American Food in Denver:
1. Denver Chop House, http://www.chophouse.com/RockBottomWeb/CH/Home.aspx (broken link)
2. http://denver.citysearch.com/bestof/results/23 (broken link)

Wineries in Grand Junction, CO
http://www.visitgrandjunction.com/vi...y/wineries.cfm
http://www.coloradowinefest.com/

Glenwood Canyon: http://www.mesalek.com/colo/glenwood/index.html

Note: Smoking is not permitted in restaurants and drinkeries in Colorado.

s/Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2006, 10:46 PM

827 posts, read 4,542,954 times
Ptitmousseduweb, I did some "googling" and found out the Colorado State Fair in Pueblo will have cowboys and rodeo. Here is the info:

Rodeo
Don’t miss the lyrical showdown at this year’s Colorado State Fair in Pueblo from August 26 through September 5 (Labor Day). During the Cowboy Poetry Showdown, hear poems and ballads recited by Cowboy poets and rhyming ranchers, as well as youth (age 18 and younger) competing in their own category. Now in its 133rd year, the State Fair, Colorado’s largest annual celebration of agriculture, features entertainment for the entire family. Highlights include: top rodeo competitors in the PRCA Rodeo, livestock at The Children’s Barnyard, 1,500 categories of arts, crafts and food competitions, hundreds of carnival rides, nightly entertainers, and a sand sculpture reaching 25-feet high. On Sept. 3 and 4, the State Fair’s Fiesta Weekend celebrates Colorado’s Latin culture with music, dance, food, art, costumes and traditions. Weekend events include a “Charreada” (Mexican rodeo), Hispanic art show, fiesta parade, two nights of international entertainment and free stage shows. For information on tickets, parking and event details, please visit www.coloradostatefair.com or call 800-876-4567.

Chimney Rock
Visiting Chimney Rock Colorado
The Chimney Rock Colorado Visitors Center is in the Chimney Rock Archaeological Area and National Historic Site between the towns of Durango, Colorado and Pagosa Springs, Colorado. The Chimney Rock Visitor's center is open between May 15 and September 30, from 9am to 4:30 pm.

Chimney Rock visitor facilities include vehicle access and parking, a visitor station, interpretive signage, and toilets to accommodate the 15,000 visitors who come to Chimney Rock Colorado each season. There are also picnic tables and bottled water available.

Guided tours of Chimney Rock Colorado, lasting between 2 and 2 ½ hours, are conducted daily in-season at 9:30 am, 10:30 am, 1pm and 2pm. The tour consists of the Great Kiva Trail Loop and the Pueblo Trail and is approximately one mile walking, including a 200 foot climb on the Pueblo Trail. The Great Kiva Trail Loop is paved and barrier free. The Pueblo Trail is not paved, UNIMPROVED, stone and gravel.

The high mesa of Chimney Rock holds 16 individual sites, 14 of which are residential. Four of these sites have been excavated and stabilized and are visited on the tour. The sites visited are the Great Kiva and Pit House on The Great Kiva Trail and Ridge House and Great House Pueblo on the Pueblo Trail. Other sites have been excavated and studied, then reburied to protect them and the valuable information they hold.

For more information call: (970)883-5359 Chimney Rock Colorado Visitor's Cabin In-season or (970)264-2287 Leave Message Off-season.

Have fun!

Old 08-21-2006, 01:33 AM

15 posts, read 27,149 times
Smile Thank's

[CENTER]To Mike from back east
and
To Crackerjack[/CENTER]

Hello,

Thank's you have been very friendly with me.

Mike,

It's ok for american food and wineries ...
But no french food during my stay because I want to eat and live as soon as possible like american
when I m in holidays in your beautiful country
I'll eat french food at home after my stay in America.

Crackerjack,

Rodeo ? WOW !
I'll be in Pueblo and hope to see cowbows !

It's ok for Chimney rock too.

Mike and Crackerjack,
I have thank's you, on the link = " LIENS " page of my personal website in France.
I'll will do more after my stay in Colorado

Then I have full information now,
Now I'll return on city data forum after my stay on Colorado.

Many Thank's
PtitMousseDuWeb in France

Last edited by ptitmousseduweb; 08-21-2006 at 02:50 AM.. Reason: Always my bad english ...

Old 08-21-2006, 03:25 AM

Default Fantastique Website!

Images de prise de Tu belles, mon ami! Le site Web de Tu est très intéressant ! Il est très fascinant!

I just got through looking at your very fascinating website Ptitmousseduweb! You are a wonderful photographer! I found Bretagne (Brittany) captivating! Tell me, the large bridge which spans a great distance, where is it located? It looks like a modern Golden Gate Bridge!

Well done on your website! I will be visiting your website again and again to check on your trips.

Thanks for the kind words!
Crackerjack

Old 08-21-2006, 05:23 AM

Smile Viaduc de Millau - Bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackerjack View Post
Images de prise de Tu belles, mon ami! Le site Web de Tu est très intéressant ! Il est très fascinant!

I just got through looking at your very fascinating website Ptitmousseduweb! You are a wonderful photographer! I found Bretagne (Brittany) captivating! Tell me, the large bridge which spans a great distance, where is it located? It looks like a modern Golden Gate Bridge!

Well done on your website! I will be visiting your website again and again to check on your trips.

Thanks for the kind words!
Crackerjack
[CENTER]Hello,

In fact "Viaduc de Millau" is effectively one of the most hight modern bridge of the world.
France have a international reputation about bridge in the world.
I have read in press, than Califonia gouv were interested about the french projet for a bridge at San Francisco.

http://ptitmousseduweb.club.fr/images/598.jpg (broken link)[/CENTER]

Look on this link : " http://www.viaducdemillaueiffage.com/ (broken link) "

You can have an english translate click on english banner. It's very interresting. I have not seen the bridge, but I'll go to see it in 2006 or 2007.

I'll contact you after my trip, if you have any others questions I'll found all you need as soon as possible.

s/PtitMousseduweb

Last edited by ptitmousseduweb; 08-21-2006 at 05:35 AM..

Old 08-21-2006, 10:27 PM

Merci Ptitmousseduweb! What a bridge! I will check out the link to it as well. Again, thank you!

Old 09-19-2006, 06:19 AM

Ptitmousseduweb, did you go on your trip to Colorado yet? Was it everything you had hoped? I just thought I'd chime in here and see if you are doing well and about how you liked all the sights you got to see. Let us know, thanks!

Old 09-29-2006, 10:54 AM

Wink Yes I have been to Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackerjack View Post
Ptitmousseduweb, did you go on your trip to Colorado yet? Was it everything you had hoped? I just thought I'd chime in here and see if you are doing well and about how you liked all the sights you got to see. Let us know, thanks!
Hi Crackerjack,

Yes I have been to Colorado, I have not a lot of time because I return to work to have money for a new trip

Then I'm doing my website about my trip in Colorado ... you can visit my web but it's not finish I have a lot of work ... you can have a look if you want ...

Go to http://ptitmousseduweb.club.fr/ (broken link)

Click on Menu

Voyages au USA
USA 2006
Denver USA Ouest
Union Station AMTRAK
RailRoad Museum
Durango (in work ! ... and I have Sylverton,
GhostTowns, Pike Peak, etc ... ) a lot of work !

Then for the moment I have not been to the forum ...

Tell me what do you think about my first page of my website about Colorado 2006 if you want ...

See You Later,
s/PtitMousseDuWeb

Old 09-29-2006, 11:19 AM

20,310 posts, read 37,810,444 times
Default Great Pix

Ptit....pictures are c'est magnifique!

Merci Beaucoup!!!

Do return again!!

s/Mike from back east

Old 09-30-2006, 03:13 AM

Smile Thank's for all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Ptit....pictures are c'est magnifique!

Merci Beaucoup!!!

Do return again!!

s/Mike from back east
Thank's a lot !
It's an honor for me to have congratulation of my pictures by a américan ...

I want to make the best, because I love USA and american people ... and people meet in Colorado have been friendly with us ...

My website is not finish about my Colorado Trip ... then you can come whenever you want on http://ptitmousseduweb.club.fr/
For Colorado click on
Voyages au USA
USA2006
Denver, etc ...

And don't forget ... I have a guest book on my site
Guest Book = Livre d'or

Merci Beaucoup
Friendly yours,
s/PtitMousseDuWeb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or