U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 01:36 AM

12,857 posts, read 23,341,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simigo View Post
I'll be relocating to Colorado from Simi Valley, CA for work in March. I've never been to Colorado but understand it offers quality of life. My work will keep me on the road most of the time, so even though home office will be in Commerce city, I can reside just about anywhere. Me and wife have two young daughters, ages 1 and 4, and safety is most important. That is why we moved to Simi Valley originally, crime is relatively low, there are a lot of parks for the kids, and we actually know our neighbors (not very common for most parts of southern california). As I mentioned my work will have me covering most of the state and will frequently have overnighters away from my family. We are looking for a three bedroom house (townhouse) around $1300. The little research we have done says that Castle rock, Highlands Ranch or Parker are indeed nice areas to live in. Does this sound right or does anyone have other suggestions.
If you like Simi Valley, you'll like those three.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 02:28 AM

60 posts, read 228,078 times
Quote:
I have three children and they cannot share a room.
Why? I'm assuming that at least two of them have to be of the same gender, and if so, then why is there a problem? I don't think young children mind sharing a room much at all, I didn't.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:44 AM

15 posts, read 34,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicoan View Post
Why? I'm assuming that at least two of them have to be of the same gender, and if so, then why is there a problem? I don't think young children mind sharing a room much at all, I didn't.
Because the there is an 8 year age difference between the two that are the same gender. My youngest will be two soon and my eldest is 10. It is not fair to make my oldest share a room with his baby brother. Then I have a seven year old daughter in the middle. I don't think children should share bedrooms unless they are the same age or close in age and the same sex. In this instance I think it is reasonable for each of my children to have separate bedrooms.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:41 AM

345 posts, read 852,346 times
I would look into Centennial or southern Aurora.

Old 03-01-2010, 01:38 PM

6 posts, read 53,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingColoradoNow View Post
Because the there is an 8 year age difference between the two that are the same gender. My youngest will be two soon and my eldest is 10. It is not fair to make my oldest share a room with his baby brother. Then I have a seven year old daughter in the middle. I don't think children should share bedrooms unless they are the same age or close in age and the same sex. In this instance I think it is reasonable for each of my children to have separate bedrooms.
Are you still interested in Parker, or have you changed your mind? $1100/mo. will be tough to get a 4BR rental, but you could look for something that has a den/office/basement that you could use as a bedroom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado