U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 12:04 PM

170 posts, read 699,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyam22 View Post
20yrsinbranson, that's an interesting suggestion: Chama. I have been through Chama a time or two though I don't recall the details of the town. Seems like it was a little too dry, desert-like, and hot in the summer. I might be getting it mixed up with another place though. I hate too much heat in the summer. I turn into a lethargic, lazy, cranky person I can't stand when the temperature approaches 90!

I'm wondering what the median age group is in Manitou Springs? I kind of like what I read about it's "vibe"...artsy, little hippy, non conventional. I'd not want to live in the Springs, but Manitou seems a world apart to me when I visit.

Hi Anyam22,
I live in Manitou and love it! Based on what you've described, I think Manitou could be a great fit for you! There are hiking trails all around, friendly people, beautiful scenary, great eateries, ...I could go on and on. It's not for everyone, but the people who are drawn to Manitou totally love it here! There is a great sense of community. You are right, it is worlds apart from Colorado Springs! Feel free to send me a PM if you have more questions!

Minz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 03:48 PM

402 posts, read 574,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anyam22 View Post
20yrsinbranson, that's an interesting suggestion: Chama. I have been through Chama a time or two though I don't recall the details of the town. Seems like it was a little too dry, desert-like, and hot in the summer. I might be getting it mixed up with another place though. I hate too much heat in the summer. I turn into a lethargic, lazy, cranky person I can't stand when the temperature approaches 90!

I'm wondering what the median age group is in Manitou Springs? I kind of like what I read about it's "vibe"...artsy, little hippy, non conventional. I'd not want to live in the Springs, but Manitou seems a world apart to me when I visit.

anyam...I'm not a Coloradan...I'm stuck here in Florida for right now...but I've been hanging out in this Colorado forum for a while now and have read a lot about many Colorado towns. When I was reading your post asking where you should live, the first place that crossed my mind was Manitou Springs. It sounds like it would be a good fit for you.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:27 PM

4,914 posts, read 8,946,118 times
I can't think of any lively small towns except maybe Aspen or Sun Valley Idaho. They've looked lively to me when I visited but I don't know I haven't lived there. The rest of the small towns don't seem lively to me.

Edwards is very pretty, but I'm not sure it would have the kind of culture you're looking for. Chama definitely does not.

Glenwood Springs might have more to offer. Due to the college maybe there are art classes, etc.

A piece of advice: completely avoid Western Colorado. I've heard many single people (of all ages) complaining about a very poor dating scene.

Last edited by 80skeys; 01-10-2010 at 07:41 PM..

Old 01-21-2010, 10:38 AM

53 posts, read 76,706 times
Default About Manitou....

I appreciate your reply, Minz. I am guessing a PM is "personal memo"? or something like that? Though I've lurked on this site for a long time, I haven't participated till recently and don't know the ropes yet!

I was talking on the phone the other day to a strange man (dating site guy) and mentioned that I'm thinking of MS. He said "Yeah, that's great if you like old hippies, wiccans and a bunch of other weirdos". I said that Yes! I probably would. I like quirky people just fine.

I'm going to come stay a couple of nights in Manitou soon and I'm wondering where a good place in town would be to stay? Would you have a suggestion? So I can just park the car till I leave and soak up the town vibes.

I live in Westcliffe, so at least in Manitou I'd be able to occasionally see my girlfriends who live here. The only drawback is that my ex and his new wife just moves to the North end of the Springs, a very tacky thing to do since Co. Springs is my main shopping town! Still, it isn't that small of a place.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:06 AM

1,742 posts, read 2,628,280 times
Just watched on the history channel MS has the wierdest festival in the country. RP
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado