U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2010, 12:32 PM

8,317 posts, read 25,113,571 times

Advertisements

A friend of mine sent me a link to a several-year-old truck advertisement that just had me rolling on the floor. As one who worked in agriculture in Colorado (which puts me in a class with probably about 1 out of 100 of today's Coloradans), what makes this ad so funny is that probably just about everyone who has worked on a Colorado farm or ranch has used a 4WD pickup to perform one or all of the tasks shown in the ad. The hilarious results depicted in the ad are what make it so funny to us. Of course, this ad was actually made for the Australian/New Zealander truck market, but no matter, any Colorado rancher or farmer can relate to it.

So, with the Moderator's indulgence (I hope) to show something "commercial" (the truck isn't even available in the US), this really funny ad. If you "get it," you probably have been around a farm or ranch at some point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R1JO...eature=related
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2010, 01:00 PM

4,222 posts, read 6,998,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
A friend of mine sent me a link to a several-year-old truck advertisement that just had me rolling on the floor. As one who worked in agriculture in Colorado (which puts me in a class with probably about 1 out of 100 of today's Coloradans), what makes this ad so funny is that probably just about everyone who has worked on a Colorado farm or ranch has used a 4WD pickup to perform one or all of the tasks shown in the ad. The hilarious results depicted in the ad are what make it so funny to us. Of course, this ad was actually made for the Australian/New Zealander truck market, but no matter, any Colorado rancher or farmer can relate to it.

So, with the Moderator's indulgence (I hope) to show something "commercial" (the truck isn't even available in the US), this really funny ad. If you "get it," you probably have been around a farm or ranch at some point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R1JO...eature=related
Great video and I can sure identify with all of the situations depicted.
Two of the funniest movies I have ever seen were "THE GODS MUST BE CRAZY and it's sequel. One scene in one of those movies was where the Aussie rancher pulls up to a gate and gets out of his Land Rover(?) to open the gate. His emergency brake is not working so before he gets to the gate he has to run back to his LR to keep it from coasting down the hill. He repeats this several times. I don't know why he didn't just turn it off with it in reverse and then get out and open the gate and roll back down the hill to start his LR. Whatever it was a funny scene. I'll have to rent the movies again to figure it out.

Thanks for the laugh.
GL2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado