Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2010, 02:18 PM

11 posts, read 23,506 times

Advertisements

My fiance and I are looking to move to CO after we get married in May. Obviously we would have to find jobs first but I still need to do the research. We think the state is absolutely beautiful and would love to call it home but I am having trouble finding what we are looking for and I am seeking help.

What I am finding in my research is that all the homes IN towns are super cute but they seem to be stacked on top of each other which is a big reason why we are moving in the first place. But when I search outside of town, all the houses are the same (mobile home-ish) and seem run down.

We would like to stay in the Front Range area... Does anyone know of a place around Co Springs, Castle Rock, Denver, or Fort Collins where you can get a nice house on a piece of land? Or of anywhere IN town that offers large yards? We would love to be in a somewhat small community (definately not in the heart of Denver, as city living is something we are trying to escape) but that is close to a cute/ nice downtown area.

We are looking to stay in the 250,000 range. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 02:22 PM

144 posts, read 494,171 times
Default Depending on what you want

I see plenty of stuff on the MLS in that range...

Old 01-03-2010, 02:26 PM

Yes there are plenty of homes in that range but I was wondering where a good are to look would be. I need to narrow down my search. The homes that have land are run down and the nice homes in town are built way to close together. If we can't have land we would like a large yard. That's what I am having trouble with. And we don't want to be in the heart of a big city- we prefer the smaller towns around the outside of Co Springs or Denver.

Old 01-03-2010, 03:06 PM

144 posts, read 494,171 times
No offense, but maybe you could delete all the other identical posts concerning this.

Old 01-03-2010, 04:24 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,677,486 times
As I have posted many times before Colorado is either highly urbanized or highly rural without much transition between the two.

Old 01-03-2010, 08:37 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,922,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenrose00 View Post

What I am finding in my research is that all the homes IN towns are super cute but they seem to be stacked on top of each other which is a big reason why we are moving in the first place. But when I search outside of town, all the houses are the same (mobile home-ish) and seem run down.

It sounds like you have not seen much of the area. Do you know where you'll be working? The Front Range has many areas that would fit your needs, but you should try to live within a reasonable commute. You might consider renting for a while until you have a chance to get a feel for the area.
We live in Monument(do a search) which is north of COS. There are many folks that commute to Denver or COS on a daily basis. The housing market is weak and I've seen custom homes in our area listed for less than $100 @ square ft, some with 5 acre lots.
BTW-Our oldest daughter is also planning to move here from OC this summer. She plans to have a job lined up before her move though.

Old 01-03-2010, 10:16 PM

Thank you so much for your kindness and helpfulness and sorry to the identical posts? They were posted in different areas so I was trying to get the most research, not trying to annoy you...

And we definately won't move until we get jobs, I was simply trying to do research to narrow down the areas in which to even look for work. My fiance has a possible job in Broomfield..

Old 01-04-2010, 08:00 AM

11,826 posts, read 34,436,540 times
Then you should look north of Denver. Like Erie or Broomfield.

Newer houses tend to be built by production builders in subdivision.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:19 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,780,716 times
Littleton includes some areas up in the foothills where houses are spread out and many of them sit on acres of land. The area I'm talking about is up Deer Canyon road and is very beautiful. Not a far drive to downtown littleton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenrose00 View Post
My fiance and I are looking to move to CO after we get married in May. Obviously we would have to find jobs first but I still need to do the research. We think the state is absolutely beautiful and would love to call it home but I am having trouble finding what we are looking for and I am seeking help.

We would like to stay in the Front Range area... Does anyone know of a place around Co Springs, Castle Rock, Denver, or Fort Collins where you can get a nice house on a piece of land? Or of anywhere IN town that offers large yards? We would love to be in a somewhat small community (definately not in the heart of Denver, as city living is something we are trying to escape) but that is close to a cute/ nice downtown area.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:11 PM

726 posts, read 2,147,974 times
Hello, we just relocated here and one thing I can tell you is you will probably not find a house with any sizable land for your price range. We had the same idea too when we moved here (as I would bet many relocaters do). We bought a house in Broomfield that backs to an open space park which is probably you're best bet to look for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado