Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 11:51 AM

4 posts, read 18,366 times

Advertisements

I graduate nursing school in May I'll take boards in June with plans on passing, is there a nursing shortage out there. What are the prospects of finding a nursing job in Chaffee County?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2010, 08:57 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,471,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackybub4 View Post
I graduate nursing school in May I'll take boards in June with plans on passing, is there a nursing shortage out there. What are the prospects of finding a nursing job in Chaffee County?
No, there is no longer much of nursing shortage, especially in rural Colorado. For one thing, Colorado colleges are turning out a lot more nursing graduates these days. Experienced nurses are still in pretty good demand in many areas, but new grads are not having such an easy time finding jobs. Some in my community have gone out of state to find jobs.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:00 PM

21 posts, read 44,057 times
JDean, Im so impressed with your testimony, I also thank God your son was able to return to you. May God bless you both.

Last edited by twoharts; 06-01-2011 at 12:10 PM..

Old 06-01-2011, 12:08 PM

Red face Thank God your son is safe and home

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDean View Post
Okaayy......BVliving, If I leave bigger tips and keep my animals at home and stay sober so I dont cause any accidents with my RV that packs the grocery store parking lots, can I rent the house next door to you so I can visit your deer and elk petting zoo??
Hey!! I'm just kidd'in with ya..I'm just an onery ol midwesterner that promised his son that when he returned home from Iraq, his dad "Me" would take him to Colorado to do some gold panning and just get out and unwind from it all. Well for one, it is exactly what my boy needed, and two it is what I needed as I felt like there was so much that I needed to say to a young man that gave so much to his country, and three when I got to the top of the huge mountain due east from main street, just me and God up there, I took the time to soak in the beauty and to thank God for bringing my son back to me.
So please BVliving look beyond the crazyness of it all and think that there are those that need just alittle of what you are so blessed with to help bring a calm to those that so badly need it.

DAD
I am so happy for you and glad you were able to go to such a nice place, whether that person was very nice or not, Im sure there are many who are and appreciate your visit.
Your entry touched me, bless you.
twoharts

Old 06-01-2011, 12:12 PM

Default McGowdog, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
We do a yearly retreat and sometimes go to this place in BV. I know I posted this in another thread. Maybe sometime it will get merged, but for now, I'd like to post a couple photos of this place in BV here;

Trail West is the name of the place:

Check out that hot tub and new outdoor pool!
OMG, that is so beautiful, cant wait to see it in June of this year..thanks so much, twoharts.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:43 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,668,226 times
Twoharts, are you moving to BV? We will be staying in our BV house from July 1 to the end of September. Maybe we'll see you around the neighborhood!

Old 06-01-2011, 08:40 PM

Not moving, at least not yet, just vacationing for now. Looking at different places, love hearing about towns thats not chamber info or someone trying to sell me on them. I want the truth, I will then be able to make a real informed decision. Thanks for responding. Have a great time this summer.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:50 AM

58 posts, read 138,058 times
What water? Looks like a very nice spot for fun on the water, but not sure about living there. The winters are probably brutal, huh? Most likely I could not handle the altitude anyway.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:26 AM

486 posts, read 1,497,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewel12 View Post
What water? Looks like a very nice spot for fun on the water, but not sure about living there. The winters are probably brutal, huh? Most likely I could not handle the altitude anyway.
The Arkansas River runs right through BV and Salida.

I see you are from Canada... in my personal experience, winters in BV and/or Salida are more mild than Canadian winters!

Altitude sickness - well that's another beast altogether.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado