U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-08-2010, 11:30 PM

8,307 posts, read 9,873,935 times
Default KKK In Canon City

Someone from co told me canon city has the most kkk members in the nation. She says the city is loaded with racists. Is this true ?
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 07:31 AM

14,141 posts, read 15,470,363 times
You sure they weren't referring to 100 years ago?

Old 01-09-2010, 08:19 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,463,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
Someone from co told me canon city has the most kkk members in the nation. She says the city is loaded with racists. Is this true ?
Why don't you plan a vacation to find out?

Old 06-09-2010, 11:42 PM

488 posts, read 726,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
Here is a good link to fill you in on the history of the Klan in Canon City:
Ku Klux Klan

The movement was big here in the 1920's with a resurgence in the late 1940's to mid 1960's.
Thankfully, the Klan no longer has a presence here - at least not above ground.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:14 AM

8,307 posts, read 9,873,935 times
My family lives/works in cc. They seem to like it quite well & have never heard anything about the kkk in cc. It was someone else who told me online. Racism is everywhere incl small town america.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:54 AM

1 posts, read 5,492 times
I can and will confirm that the Klan is alive and well in all parts of Colorado...Just because you don't see them, doesn't mean they aren't there....

Old 03-18-2011, 12:11 PM

2,370 posts, read 2,959,211 times
Ya, I have run into them a few times, they are pretty fast right out of the gate but in the end the Land Rover always wins.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:02 AM

1 posts, read 5,193 times
I know ther is still alot of racist people in canyon city when i wrestled against them back in high school our teams almost got in a fight because they called us spics at weigh ins and it just wasn't us in wrestling multiple sports aswell as schools in the surrounding area had experiences aswell and just alot of dirty looks from people but im not saying all of them are racist but canyon city is known for having a reputation atleast in the sports world for having racist gestures/comments against competitors i know for sures both african american and hispanic racial slures have been thrown across the table atleast back when i was there 2005-2009 the crowd through beans at a team and told them that beaners should go back where they came from just things like that there a trip.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:05 AM

331 posts, read 551,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazylugs View Post
back when i was there 2005-2009 the crowd through beans at a team and told them that beaners should go back where they came from
Wow... I grew up in TX in a predominantly white area next to a city that was predominantly black and hispanic, and even our high school crowd wasn't that racist. The KKK was active in our area, but EVERYONE saw them as idiotic rednecks. Even a lot of our rednecks! lol

Old 04-11-2011, 11:09 AM

198 posts, read 589,536 times
There are probably underground Klan members in every state in America. The Klan chapters that I have heard are alive and well from the history channel are mainly situated in the Midwest and South. Indiana, Missouri, Ohio, Arkansas, Alabama, Mississippi, and Tennessee have the most, according to the history channel at least. However, it also said the most Neo-Nazis in America are located in California. I am sure there are still underground Klan members in CO, but its not popular. You see more Neo-Nazi drug pushers and gangs in CO, just like California. There is racism everywhere. Especially small towns. I remember when I was driving into the SoCal area from NorCal, we stopped in a small town along the way and it was just like any small town in America. Of course, a lot of the racism here in SW states has to do with Chicanos/Mexicans (thats one of our largest groups of people in the SW), but there is african american racism in Denver and C-Springs, because they have pretty significant african americans populations. All in all, racism is everywhere, and some places are worse than others with racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado