U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 11:21 AM

2,437 posts, read 7,106,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
I just hate it when I get the rabbit and i see a bobcat headed somewhere else.
I feel safest when I get the Owl because, you know, an extra pair of wings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 11:26 AM

14,131 posts, read 26,246,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treedonkey View Post
Maybe you chose Bizzaro Frontier by accident?
That would be the one with the jackelope on the tail.

Old 01-11-2010, 04:21 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,348,520 times
Frontier flys the Airbus 320 series planes and they are a few inches wider than the Boeing 737 series, so the seats are a bit more comfortable.

Old 01-11-2010, 04:56 PM

1,893 posts, read 3,422,631 times
I flew Frontier exclusively last year. I finally got to their "summit" status!

I definitely like their airbus planes a lot more than boeing. IMO, more comfortable. The flight staff is always very friendly. They service most of the areas where I need to fly; even more now that they are with republic. There website is user-friendly - I'm pretty sure you can choose your seats when you check-in. Most other airlines only allow check-in 24 hours prior to departure.

The only problem that I am facing this year is that they have changed some of the planes on the routes that I travel most frequently. No more free TV on those planes.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:02 PM

1,368 posts, read 2,453,375 times
Quote:
This was a Midwest Embraer 190 with no media at the seats.
Have to be careful when you book now. Since the take over by republic they have a mix of the Midwest and Airbus. Only the Airbus has TV's. My guess is they just leave the bucket of headphones there all day.

I've flown many different airlines and have problems with all of them. I stick with Frontier because I seem to have had the fewest problems with them.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:12 PM

1,126 posts, read 2,345,223 times
If you wre on an EMB 190 it was a republic jet. That explains the no audio. as far as seating assignments if you hsave no status and the load is already filling then it is gate assignment only. I have been a Frontier ascent or summit member for about 6 years, and love them, I have hundreds of thousands of miles with United, and hate them.
And as someone mentioned, the FF program has been really good. Not as good as it used to be but still great.
I think their crews are the best in the Air. Give them a smile and a little respect and you just won'thave a better flying experience.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:35 PM

2,755 posts, read 11,511,378 times
I do still like Frontier,. but just to be clear, the airline has divided the tickets now into Economy / Classic, with the cheapest fares charging extra for bags, seat assignments, while the more expensive Classic fares providing all that stuff included. That's sadly a trend afflicting the whole airline industry, with the notable exception of Southwest, which (for now) still has no extra bag fees. (Though Southwest famously does not do advance seating.)

Though I mildly dislike the Economy / Classic split, I still am loyal to Frontier. Why? Well, it's quite simple. If you live in Denver, you really only have 3 choices for general flying: United, Frontier, and Southwest. Yes, occasionally you can take the other airlines like Delta, Continental, etc, and connect, or fly to their hubs, but in reality, you're going to usually fly one of the first three most of the time. Of the three, United has by far the most flights, but also suffers by far the most problems -- luggage inexplicably lost and never found, massive flight delays for no good reason, indifferent customer service, I've seen it all on United -- you hate them, but sometimes you have to fly them. Southwest is pretty good, but has only a fraction of the number of flights Frontier does, has a rather useless frequent-flier program, plus the fares are often higher than United/Frontier which negates the advantage of free luggage -- good to comparison-shop, but most of the time not the best choice. Overall, Frontier is still the best combination on flight availability and convenience as well as relatively hassle-free travel, good frequent flier program, and low fares.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:33 AM

20,304 posts, read 37,784,136 times
Default Frontier Airlines Survives in Merger Action

Frontier Airlines is the name selected after yesterday's merger announcement, in which Republic Air now owns both Frontier and Midwest Airlines. Denver Post article says there will actually be a net gain of jobs fro Frontier who will now have 4100 employees in Denver.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:26 AM

1,993 posts, read 4,181,957 times
I wondered if anyone was going to update. I was very happy about the news! Frontier still is my #1 choice in airlines And now I'll get a cookie too.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:53 AM

654 posts, read 1,756,408 times
Here's why Frontier has been my favorite airline.

1)I am claustrophobic and the openness of the Frontier planes helps a lot. When I get on a plane with first class and they pull the curtains I feel blocked it.

2)All of the seats are the same. There's no bogus Economy Plus or first class. We are all equal! And I need to have aisle seats and I don't have to pay more like I do on some airlines.

3)Our company gets us upgraded to Ascent so I get better seats, quicker check-in and free TV. I also never get bumped. Because I don't fly too much I hate how I get treated second-class by other airlines that give all the preference to the frequent fliers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado